|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carla and Jake, raised as Baptist and Methodist respectively, have agreed to become what?
2. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
(a) Tenements of Memphis.
(b) Rice patties of Vietnam.
(c) Deserts of Afghanistan.
(d) Back alleys of Chicago.
3. What is Jake's view of insurance companies and their lawyers?
(a) Jake understands the need for them, but does not like them.
(b) Jake has defended the insurance side and sees the need.
(c) Jake is jealous and wishes he could be one.
(d) Jake hates them both.
4. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Gwen Hailey.
(b) Rufus Buckley.
(c) Ethel Twitty.
(d) Percy Bullard.
5. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might find he was temporarily insane.
(b) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
(c) They might not be able to come to a decision.
(d) They might not indict.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
2. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
3. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
4. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)