|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 20 minutes.
2. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(b) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(c) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(d) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
3. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He does some paperwork.
(b) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(c) He orders pizza.
(d) He laughs.
4. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
5. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(b) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(c) An opportunity to earn money.
(d) As his ticket to the big time.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
2. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
3. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
4. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
5. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)