|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(b) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(c) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(d) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
2. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Tavern owner.
(b) Ford County Prosecutor.
(c) Ford County Sheriff.
(d) Ford County Judge.
3. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(b) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
4. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
(a) Manslaughter with immediate parole, capital murder for life, and not guilty.
(b) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and guilty.
(c) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(d) Manslaughter for 25 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
5. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
2. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
3. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
4. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
5. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)