|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
(a) An automatic M-1 carbine.
(b) A .45 caliber semi-automatic.
(c) An automatic AK-47.
(d) An automatic M-16.
2. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
3. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
(a) He is respected and loved by black residents primarily, not white residents.
(b) He is not respected nor loved by many black or white residents.
(c) He is respected and loved by virtually all, both black and white residents.
(d) He is respected and loved by white residents primarily, not black residents.
4. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 2 hours.
5. How old is Tonya?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
2. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
3. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
4. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
5. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)