|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
2. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(d) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
3. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(b) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(c) Listens to classical music.
(d) Drinks vodka.
4. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
5. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(b) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(c) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(d) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
2. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
3. Who is Rocky Childers?
4. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
5. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)