|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 40 minutes.
2. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(b) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(c) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(d) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
3. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
(a) Parents of young children.
(b) The local AA director.
(c) The local ministers.
(d) The schoolboard members.
4. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
(a) Get McKittrick to comprehend the danger and threat of the KKK.
(b) Get McKittrick to comprehend the reality of racism and other biases throughout the nation.
(c) Get McKittrick to comprehend the intricacies of this case.
(d) Get McKittrick to comprehend the complexity of murder cases.
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(b) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(c) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(d) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
2. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
3. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
4. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
5. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)