|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
(b) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
(c) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
(d) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
2. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(b) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(c) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(d) Join the KKK.
3. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Play his harmonica.
(b) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(c) Light a cigar.
(d) Have a cup of coffee.
4. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Percy Bullard.
(b) Ethel Twitty.
(c) Gwen Hailey.
(d) Rufus Buckley.
5. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
(a) Lucien Wilbanks.
(b) Jake Brigance.
(c) Lester Hailey.
(d) Carl Lee Hailey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
2. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
3. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
4. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
5. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)