|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(b) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(c) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(d) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
2. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
(a) Tenements of Memphis.
(b) Deserts of Afghanistan.
(c) Back alleys of Chicago.
(d) Rice patties of Vietnam.
3. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 1 day.
4. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) To get at least one black jury member.
(b) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(c) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
(d) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
5. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
(a) Get McKittrick to comprehend the reality of racism and other biases throughout the nation.
(b) Get McKittrick to comprehend the danger and threat of the KKK.
(c) Get McKittrick to comprehend the complexity of murder cases.
(d) Get McKittrick to comprehend the intricacies of this case.
Short Answer Questions
1. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
2. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
3. How old is Tonya?
4. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
5. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)