|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(b) Drinks vodka.
(c) Listens to classical music.
(d) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
2. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
(a) The local AA director.
(b) The local ministers.
(c) The schoolboard members.
(d) Parents of young children.
3. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
(a) An automatic M-1 carbine.
(b) A .45 caliber semi-automatic.
(c) An automatic AK-47.
(d) An automatic M-16.
4. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
(a) She could not convict.
(b) She would have to convict of a lesser charge.
(c) It would be hard to convict.
(d) She would have to convict.
5. What does Jake Brigance drive?
(a) A Rolls-Royce.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Saab.
(d) A Jaguar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jake's view of insurance companies and their lawyers?
2. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
3. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
4. How old is Tonya?
5. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)