|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 40 minutes.
2. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
3. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
(a) Jake Brigance.
(b) Lester Hailey.
(c) Lucien Wilbanks.
(d) Carl Lee Hailey.
4. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
5. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(b) Drinks vodka.
(c) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(d) Listens to classical music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
2. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
3. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
4. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
5. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)