|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
(a) Parents of young children.
(b) The schoolboard members.
(c) The local ministers.
(d) The local AA director.
2. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
(a) He is respected and loved by black residents primarily, not white residents.
(b) He is respected and loved by virtually all, both black and white residents.
(c) He is not respected nor loved by many black or white residents.
(d) He is respected and loved by white residents primarily, not black residents.
3. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
4. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
5. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
(a) Get McKittrick to comprehend the complexity of murder cases.
(b) Get McKittrick to comprehend the danger and threat of the KKK.
(c) Get McKittrick to comprehend the reality of racism and other biases throughout the nation.
(d) Get McKittrick to comprehend the intricacies of this case.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
2. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
3. What have local attorneys dubbed Judge Omar Noose?
4. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
5. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)