|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
(a) Lester Hailey.
(b) Carl Lee Hailey.
(c) Lucien Wilbanks.
(d) Jake Brigance.
2. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
(b) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
(c) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
(d) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
3. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
(a) A most affluent, honest lifestyle.
(b) A moderate, but totally honest lifestyle.
(c) A moderate, but borderline dishonest lifestyle.
(d) A most affluent, dishonest lifestyle.
4. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(b) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
(c) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(d) Join the KKK.
5. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
(a) Her school books.
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) An armful of firewood.
(d) A basket of fish and a pole.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
2. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
3. What does Jake Brigance drive?
4. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
5. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)