|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might not be able to come to a decision.
(b) They might not indict.
(c) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
(d) They might find he was temporarily insane.
2. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 12 hours.
3. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
4. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Prosecutor.
(b) Ford County Sheriff.
(c) Tavern owner.
(d) Ford County Judge.
5. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
2. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
3. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
4. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
5. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)