|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Tavern owner.
(b) Ford County Judge.
(c) Ford County Sheriff.
(d) Ford County Prosecutor.
2. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
(a) That they would move so their daughters could start over.
(b) That they would not allow their daughters to testify.
(c) That they would carefully follow the trial.
(d) That they might entertain murder.
3. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
(a) A bag of groceries.
(b) An armful of firewood.
(c) A basket of fish and a pole.
(d) Her school books.
4. How old is Tonya?
5. What does Jake Brigance drive?
(a) A Saab.
(b) A Rolls-Royce.
(c) A Jaguar.
(d) A BMW.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
2. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
3. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
4. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)