|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(b) An opportunity to earn money.
(c) As his ticket to the big time.
(d) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
2. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
(b) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
(c) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
(d) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
3. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Drinks vodka.
(b) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(c) Listens to classical music.
(d) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
4. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Tavern owner.
(b) Ford County Sheriff.
(c) Ford County Prosecutor.
(d) Ford County Judge.
5. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 25 years.
(d) No parole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
2. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
3. What is Jake's view of insurance companies and their lawyers?
4. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
5. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)