|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(b) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(c) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
(d) To get at least one black jury member.
2. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(b) Listens to classical music.
(c) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(d) Drinks vodka.
3. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
(a) Solely as an opportunity to help a person of color.
(b) With a four-year-old daughter of his own, he feels merely empathy.
(c) An opportunity to earn money.
(d) As his ticket to the big time.
4. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
5. Carla and Jake, raised as Baptist and Methodist respectively, have agreed to become what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
2. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
3. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
4. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
5. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)