|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
(a) The local ministers.
(b) The local AA director.
(c) Parents of young children.
(d) The schoolboard members.
2. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
(a) A moderate, but borderline dishonest lifestyle.
(b) A most affluent, honest lifestyle.
(c) A moderate, but totally honest lifestyle.
(d) A most affluent, dishonest lifestyle.
3. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
4. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 1 day.
5. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
(a) 180 days to prepare.
(b) 60 days to prepare.
(c) 120 days to prepare.
(d) 90 days to prepare.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
2. How do the other prisoners feel about Carl Lee taking meals with the sheriff?
3. How old is Tonya?
4. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
5. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)