|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jake's view of insurance companies and their lawyers?
(a) Jake understands the need for them, but does not like them.
(b) Jake hates them both.
(c) Jake has defended the insurance side and sees the need.
(d) Jake is jealous and wishes he could be one.
2. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) To get at least one black jury member.
(b) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(c) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(d) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
3. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
(a) An armful of firewood.
(b) A basket of fish and a pole.
(c) Her school books.
(d) A bag of groceries.
4. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
5. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
(a) He is respected and loved by white residents primarily, not black residents.
(b) He is respected and loved by virtually all, both black and white residents.
(c) He is not respected nor loved by many black or white residents.
(d) He is respected and loved by black residents primarily, not white residents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
2. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
3. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
4. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
5. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)