|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 20 minutes.
2. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
(b) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
(c) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
(d) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
3. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
(a) Manslaughter with immediate parole, capital murder for life, and not guilty.
(b) Manslaughter for 25 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(c) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and guilty.
(d) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
4. What is Jake's view of insurance companies and their lawyers?
(a) Jake understands the need for them, but does not like them.
(b) Jake hates them both.
(c) Jake is jealous and wishes he could be one.
(d) Jake has defended the insurance side and sees the need.
5. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) To get at least one black jury member.
(b) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(c) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(d) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
2. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
3. What have local attorneys dubbed Judge Omar Noose?
4. How old is Tonya?
5. Following Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake attempt to do in the interview with New York Times reporter McKittrick?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)