|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
(b) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
(c) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
(d) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
2. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(b) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
3. How old is Tonya?
4. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
(a) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(b) Manslaughter for 25 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(c) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and guilty.
(d) Manslaughter with immediate parole, capital murder for life, and not guilty.
5. What have local attorneys dubbed Judge Omar Noose?
(b) Mickey Mouse.
(c) Yogi Bear.
(d) Abe Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
2. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
3. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
4. What is Jake's view of insurance companies and their lawyers?
5. What does Jake Brigance drive?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)