|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
(a) She would have to convict of a lesser charge.
(b) She would have to convict.
(c) She could not convict.
(d) It would be hard to convict.
2. How old is Tonya?
3. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
(a) Back alleys of Chicago.
(b) Tenements of Memphis.
(c) Rice patties of Vietnam.
(d) Deserts of Afghanistan.
4. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
(a) Rufus Buckley.
(b) Ethel Twitty.
(c) Gwen Hailey.
(d) Percy Bullard.
5. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
(a) Parents of young children.
(b) The local AA director.
(c) The local ministers.
(d) The schoolboard members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
2. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
3. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
4. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
5. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)