|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13 | Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
(a) 60 days to prepare.
(b) 180 days to prepare.
(c) 120 days to prepare.
(d) 90 days to prepare.
2. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
(a) Parents of young children.
(b) The local AA director.
(c) The local ministers.
(d) The schoolboard members.
3. What have local attorneys dubbed Judge Omar Noose?
(b) Yogi Bear.
(c) Abe Lincoln.
(d) Mickey Mouse.
4. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
(a) Recruit 5 or 6 members and join the KKK.
(b) Join the KKK.
(c) Join the KKK and participate in the lynching of a black person.
(d) Recruit 2 additional members and join the KKK.
5. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
(a) A basket of fish and a pole.
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) Her school books.
(d) An armful of firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
2. Jake's friend Harry Rex Vonner tells him the grand jury voted how on the Hailey indictment?
3. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
4. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
5. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)