|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
(a) Nylon rope.
(b) Swing-set chain.
(c) Cotton rope.
(d) Electrical cord.
2. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(b) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(c) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(d) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
3. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
4. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 13 years.
(c) No parole.
(d) 25 years.
5. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might find he was temporarily insane.
(b) They might not be able to come to a decision.
(c) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
(d) They might not indict.
Short Answer Questions
1. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
2. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
3. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
4. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
5. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)