|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
(a) An armful of firewood.
(b) A bag of groceries.
(c) A basket of fish and a pole.
(d) Her school books.
2. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might not be able to come to a decision.
(b) They might not indict.
(c) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
(d) They might find he was temporarily insane.
3. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(b) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(c) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(d) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
4. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
(a) Tenements of Memphis.
(b) Rice patties of Vietnam.
(c) Deserts of Afghanistan.
(d) Back alleys of Chicago.
5. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
(a) An automatic M-1 carbine.
(b) An automatic AK-47.
(c) A .45 caliber semi-automatic.
(d) An automatic M-16.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake Brigance drive?
2. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
3. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
4. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
5. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)