|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
(b) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
(c) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
(d) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
2. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(b) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(c) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
(d) To get at least one black jury member.
3. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
(a) That they would move so their daughters could start over.
(b) That they would not allow their daughters to testify.
(c) That they might entertain murder.
(d) That they would carefully follow the trial.
4. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
5. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Prosecutor.
(b) Ford County Judge.
(c) Ford County Sheriff.
(d) Tavern owner.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
2. How old is Tonya?
3. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
4. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
5. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)