|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
(d) New York.
2. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Sheriff.
(b) Ford County Prosecutor.
(c) Ford County Judge.
(d) Tavern owner.
3. How old is Tonya?
4. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(b) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(c) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(d) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
5. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might not indict.
(b) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
(c) They might find he was temporarily insane.
(d) They might not be able to come to a decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
2. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
3. What does Jake Brigance drive?
4. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
5. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)