|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
(b) New York.
2. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 1 day.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
3. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) To get at least one black jury member.
(b) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(c) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(d) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
4. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(b) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(c) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(d) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
5. How old is Tonya?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
2. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
3. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
4. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
5. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)