|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
(a) Deserts of Afghanistan.
(b) Rice patties of Vietnam.
(c) Back alleys of Chicago.
(d) Tenements of Memphis.
2. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 10 minutes.
3. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
(a) That they might entertain murder.
(b) That they would move so their daughters could start over.
(c) That they would carefully follow the trial.
(d) That they would not allow their daughters to testify.
4. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
5. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
(a) It would be hard to convict.
(b) She would have to convict of a lesser charge.
(c) She could not convict.
(d) She would have to convict.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
2. How old is Tonya?
3. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
4. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
5. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)