|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(b) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
2. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Judge.
(b) Ford County Prosecutor.
(c) Tavern owner.
(d) Ford County Sheriff.
3. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) No parole.
(b) 25 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 13 years.
4. What is Tonya restrained with while being raped?
(a) Swing-set chain.
(b) Cotton rope.
(c) Nylon rope.
(d) Electrical cord.
5. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
(a) He is respected and loved by virtually all, both black and white residents.
(b) He is not respected nor loved by many black or white residents.
(c) He is respected and loved by white residents primarily, not black residents.
(d) He is respected and loved by black residents primarily, not white residents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
2. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
3. How old is Tonya?
4. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
5. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)