|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
(a) She could not convict.
(b) It would be hard to convict.
(c) She would have to convict of a lesser charge.
(d) She would have to convict.
2. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Judge.
(b) Tavern owner.
(c) Ford County Sheriff.
(d) Ford County Prosecutor.
3. What does Jake Brigance drive?
(a) A Rolls-Royce.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Saab.
(d) A Jaguar.
4. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
(a) He is respected and loved by black residents primarily, not white residents.
(b) He is respected and loved by white residents primarily, not black residents.
(c) He is not respected nor loved by many black or white residents.
(d) He is respected and loved by virtually all, both black and white residents.
5. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
(a) That they would carefully follow the trial.
(b) That they would not allow their daughters to testify.
(c) That they would move so their daughters could start over.
(d) That they might entertain murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
2. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
3. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
4. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
5. How old is Tonya?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)