|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
2. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
(a) Tenements of Memphis.
(b) Back alleys of Chicago.
(c) Deserts of Afghanistan.
(d) Rice patties of Vietnam.
3. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
(a) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(b) Manslaughter for 25 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(c) Manslaughter with immediate parole, capital murder for life, and not guilty.
(d) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and guilty.
4. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
(a) He is respected and loved by white residents primarily, not black residents.
(b) He is not respected nor loved by many black or white residents.
(c) He is respected and loved by virtually all, both black and white residents.
(d) He is respected and loved by black residents primarily, not white residents.
5. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
2. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
3. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
4. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
5. Who is Rocky Childers?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)