|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Drinks vodka.
(b) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(c) Listens to classical music.
(d) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
2. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
(a) That they would move so their daughters could start over.
(b) That they might entertain murder.
(c) That they would not allow their daughters to testify.
(d) That they would carefully follow the trial.
3. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
(b) State Attorney.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) District Judge.
4. When a Memphis TV crew requests to be allowed to film the trial, what does Judge Willard Bullard do?
(a) Grants them permission so long as they do not interfere with proceedings.
(b) Advises they may only film inside the courtroom, they may not broadcast.
(c) Advises they may film, but it will all be reviewed by the county prosecutor.
(d) Instructs the county courtroom deputy, Mr. Pate, to throw them out.
5. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rocky Childers?
2. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
3. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
4. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
5. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)