|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
(a) Jake Brigance.
(b) Carl Lee Hailey.
(c) Lucien Wilbanks.
(d) Lester Hailey.
2. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
(a) Parents of young children.
(b) The local AA director.
(c) The local ministers.
(d) The schoolboard members.
3. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 40 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 20 minutes.
4. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 1 day.
(b) 12 hours.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
5. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
(a) They might rule it took place in the heat of the moment.
(b) They might find he was temporarily insane.
(c) They might not be able to come to a decision.
(d) They might not indict.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
2. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
3. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
4. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
5. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)