|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rufus Buckley's political ambitions lead him to?
(b) State Attorney.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) District Judge.
2. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Listens to classical music.
(b) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(c) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
(d) Drinks vodka.
3. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Play his harmonica.
(b) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(c) Light a cigar.
(d) Have a cup of coffee.
4. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
(a) Deserts of Afghanistan.
(b) Rice patties of Vietnam.
(c) Tenements of Memphis.
(d) Back alleys of Chicago.
5. Jake Brigance advises deputies that Billy Ray Cobb could receive life plus 40 years if he is convicted on all charges, and could be paroled how soon if Tonya lives?
(a) 20 years.
(b) No parole.
(c) 13 years.
(d) 25 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
2. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
3. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
4. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
5. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)