|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
(b) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(c) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(d) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
2. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
(a) That they might entertain murder.
(b) That they would carefully follow the trial.
(c) That they would move so their daughters could start over.
(d) That they would not allow their daughters to testify.
3. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
(a) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(b) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and guilty.
(c) Manslaughter for 25 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(d) Manslaughter with immediate parole, capital murder for life, and not guilty.
4. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(b) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(c) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
(d) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
5. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 20 minutes.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
2. How does Jake Brigance view the Carl Lee Hailey murder trial?
3. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
4. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
5. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)