|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
(a) A .45 caliber semi-automatic.
(b) An automatic M-16.
(c) An automatic M-1 carbine.
(d) An automatic AK-47.
2. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
(a) She could not convict.
(b) It would be hard to convict.
(c) She would have to convict of a lesser charge.
(d) She would have to convict.
3. How is Ford County Sheriff viewed by the local citizenry?
(a) He is respected and loved by virtually all, both black and white residents.
(b) He is respected and loved by white residents primarily, not black residents.
(c) He is not respected nor loved by many black or white residents.
(d) He is respected and loved by black residents primarily, not white residents.
4. When Jake Brigance confides in Sheriff Walls that Carl Lee Hailey may be planning the murder of Cobb and Willard, what do they speculate about how they might feel?
(a) That they would carefully follow the trial.
(b) That they might entertain murder.
(c) That they would move so their daughters could start over.
(d) That they would not allow their daughters to testify.
5. What is Tonya carrying when she is kidnapped?
(a) A basket of fish and a pole.
(b) An armful of firewood.
(c) A bag of groceries.
(d) Her school books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
2. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
3. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
4. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
5. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)