Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the trio is at lunch on the day of opening statements, and Jake is in the restroom, Ellen describes Jake as the best she has seen, but qualifies that view how?
(a) "Considering how nervous he is."
(b) "Given his experience."
(c) "Considering his law school."
(d) "For his age."
2. Who do the Northern Mississippi black residents recognize as the single white radical NAACP attorney in their region?
(a) Sheldon Roark.
(b) Norman Reinfeld.
(c) Jake Brigance.
(d) Lucien Wilbanks.
3. What question does Jake ask of Ozzie during cross-examination that Buckley wildly objects to and Jake withdraws, but Ozzie has already nodded affirmatively to?
(a) Did either verbally confess prior to death?
(b) Whether either Cobb or Willard signed a confession prior to death?
(c) Whether Pete Willard signed a confession prior to his death?
(d) Did Pete Willard agree to sign a confession for leniency prior to death?
4. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(b) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(c) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
(d) To get at least one black jury member.
5. How do the members of the council of black ministers arrive for strategic planning regarding the NAACP defense of Carl Lee?
(a) In Chevrolets and Dodges.
(b) Primarily in modest-priced vehicles.
(c) In their Cadillacs and Lincolns.
(d) In Saabs and BMWs.
Short Answer Questions
1. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
2. When Jake informs Ellen of the threats received by phone, the bombing attempt, and other dangers the job may entail, what is her response?
3. What have local attorneys dubbed Judge Omar Noose?
4. As the riot erupts, what is each Klansman armed with?
5. Why does Jake decide to stay out of the Coffee Shop?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)