Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 34.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the temperature at Reverend Agee's rally?
(a) 70 degrees.
(b) 100 degrees.
(c) 80 degrees.
(d) 90 degrees.
2. When the phone rings while Harry Rex and Jake are discussing legal matters on the morning before the trial, what happens?
(a) Jake angrily responds to a hate call and slams the phone down.
(b) Jake answers the call and advises the caller the line is tapped.
(c) Harry Rex humorously deflects a hate call aimed at Jake.
(d) Jake ignores it, allowing it to ring before it finally stops.
3. During the night of the second trial date, Stump Sisson dies, bringing the number of deaths related to Tonya's rape to how many?
4. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
(a) Have a shot of quality bourbon.
(b) Have a cup of coffee.
(c) Light a cigar.
(d) Play his harmonica.
5. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
(a) Carla has received more threats and asks him to.
(b) He has an argument with Jake.
(c) Jake could not get him out on bond.
(d) Cat Bruster convinces him to do so.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Carl Lee compare killing the white men who raped his daughter with killing the "gooks" in Vietnam?
2. Why does Jake threaten to fire his secretary Ethel?
3. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
4. Where is Carl Lee seated during the change of venue hearing?
5. Carla and Jake, raised as Baptist and Methodist respectively, have agreed to become what?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)