|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25 | Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
(a) Reflecting on how he will get Carl Lee to rehire Jake.
(b) Reflecting on how he can help Carl Lee pay for legal services.
(c) Reflecting on his failing marriage.
(d) Reflecting on how he got off.
2. Since Jake insists he will not be a "gofer" for the NAACP, what is the response when Carl Lee asks what will happen to the $20,000 defense fund if he uses only Jake?
(a) Only a small portion will go to the Hailey family support fund.
(b) The $20,000 only accompanies the NAACP defense team.
(c) He will receive it all.
(d) He will only receive half.
3. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
(a) Calls Marsharfsky to become his local associate in Carl Lee case.
(b) Advises with Lucien regarding the current status of Carl Lee case.
(c) Slips into the Court Clerk's office and quickly surveys Carl Lee's file.
(d) Confirms with his Court Clerk contact that there is nothing new in Carl Lee's file since withdrawal.
4. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
(a) Lucien Wilbanks.
(b) Carl Lee Hailey.
(c) Lester Hailey.
(d) Jake Brigance.
5. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
(a) The KKK in Ford County is very strong.
(b) Everyone in Ford County has already made their minds up.
(c) The chances for a less experienced prosecutor are better.
(d) To get at least one black jury member.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides getting names and addresses, what does the Ku Klux Klan advise Freddie Cobb he must do to participate?
2. What is Jake's view of insurance companies and their lawyers?
3. Where did K.T. "Cat" Bruster lose his eye?
4. When Jake and Buckley are in the judge's office the day before the arraignment, what does the former request?
5. What is Jake Brigance accustomed to doing on his office balcony?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)