|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Carl Lee fire Jake?
(a) Jake could not get him out on bond.
(b) Carla has received more threats and asks him to.
(c) Cat Bruster convinces him to do so.
(d) He has an argument with Jake.
2. Several days following his being rehired by Carl Lee, Jake is summoned to Lucien's home to meet whom?
(a) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychiatrist.
(b) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired podiatrist.
(c) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired pediatrician.
(d) Dr. W.T. Bass, retired psychologist.
3. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
(a) He has to leave now.
(b) He needs to leave, but will be back for his trial.
(c) He needs to leave and will return when he is able.
(d) He will remain as long as is needed.
4. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 20 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 40 minutes.
5. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
(a) He is confident Jake Brigance will get him off, as he did his brother.
(b) He is moderately confident, never hoping for too much.
(c) He is not as confident as Jake Briance was on TV.
(d) Hoping, but not expecting much in a predominantly white community.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carla and Jake, raised as Baptist and Methodist respectively, have agreed to become what?
2. Who has received threatening phone calls both at home and in the office?
3. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
4. Judge Omar Noose initiated his career as a mediocre lawyer but good politician who served five terms in the state legislature, and during which he developed what?
5. What illegal item does Carl Lee Hailey request to buy from K.T. "Cat" Bruster?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)