|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Tavern owner.
(b) Ford County Judge.
(c) Ford County Prosecutor.
(d) Ford County Sheriff.
2. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
(a) Manslaughter with immediate parole, capital murder for life, and not guilty.
(b) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and guilty.
(c) Manslaughter for 25 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
(d) Manslaughter for 20 years, capital murder for life or death, and not guilty.
3. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
(a) Drinks vodka.
(b) Listens to classical music.
(c) Drinks moonshine whiskey.
(d) Watches TV soaps at lunchtime.
4. How long does it take Sheriff Ozzie Walls to obtain arrest warrants for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 day.
(d) 20 minutes.
5. When Lucien Wilbanks inherited the family law firm in 1965, what does he keep?
(a) His father's favorite hunting rifles.
(b) A brank new Ford Mustang.
(c) His father's entire legal staff.
(d) His father's favorite secretary, Ethel Twitty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carla's reply when Jake asks her if she would convict Carl Lee Hailey for murdering Billy Ray Cobb if she were a jury member?
2. Following the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard, who hides in the county courthouse after closing at 4:30 p.m. on Friday?
3. Who begs Sheriff Ozzie Walls to reopen the local "tonks"?
4. Lester Hailey has driven to Clanton from where?
5. What does Jake Brigance drive?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)