|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When two dozen Klansmen arrive on the first morning of the trial in full regalia, what happens?
(a) National Guardsmen usher them away.
(b) They are advised by Sheriff Walls that they may stay, but not if hooded.
(c) Deputies usher to their "turf" out front, and tell them they may stay if there is no trouble.
(d) They are instructed they may only stay without KKK regalia.
2. Subsequent to Bass's testimony, what does Jake do when the lawyers are summoned to the judge's chambers?
(a) Stops in a restroom enroute and vomits.
(b) Has Harry Rex go back to the office and grab a file.
(c) Grabs a shot of bourbon from Lucien's pocket flask.
(d) Passes Carl Lee without being able to look at him.
3. What does Lucien tell Jake regarding the summation?
(a) He can still win; miracles do happen.
(b) Nevermind Bass's condition, the jury might still rule temporary insanity.
(c) He might be able to get the verdict down to manslaughter.
(d) He might get the verdict down to second degree homicide.
4. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
(a) Has Carl Lee dressed as deputy with toy gun in holster, and transported in the front seat of cruiser.
(b) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported in another cruiser for reporters to follow.
(c) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him break and run for reporters to chase.
(d) Finds a prisoner resembling Carl Lee, and has him transported with Carl Lee.
5. After being threatened by Marsharfsky, Jake does what?
(a) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(b) Lights an expensive Cuban cigar, and writes a change of venue request.
(c) Lights a cheap cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
(d) Lights an expensive Caribbean cigar, and writes a complaint regarding Marsharfsky.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her refusal to give the juror list to Jake, what does Jean Gillespie do when he reminds her of previously helping with her family and her reelection?
2. How do the members of the council of black ministers arrive for strategic planning regarding the NAACP defense of Carl Lee?
3. Why does Lucien advise Jake he needs to seek a change of venue?
4. When does Agee agree to get the "love offering" funds for the Hailey family to Gwen?
5. How much has Jake been paid by Lester Hailey prior to the indictment?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)