Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(c) He does some paperwork.
(d) He orders pizza.
2. The Sunday after Jake gets fired, he and Carla skip church and take Hanna where?
(a) On a picnic.
(b) Kite flying.
(d) To a zoo.
3. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
(a) In a barn on an abandoned farm, 20 miles outside Vicksburg.
(b) Deep in the woods of Nettles County, 230 miles south of Clanton.
(c) In a warehouse in an industrial park, late at night.
(d) Deep in the woods of Durham County, 125 miles northeast of Clanton.
4. How long does the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard last?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 40 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 30 minutes.
5. Who is Rocky Childers?
(a) Ford County Judge.
(b) Ford County Prosecutor.
(c) Tavern owner.
(d) Ford County Sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sheriff Walls is concerned about Carl Lee's safety and comes up with what plan for transporting him to the courthouse on the day of his preliminary hearing?
2. On the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, Jake, knowing the grand jurors are not yet selected and will likely see this news broadcast on TV that evening, reminds interviewers of what?
3. How many murder trials has Jake Brigance served as the defense counsel prior to the preliminary hearing for Billy Ray Cobb and Pete Willard?
4. When interviewed by TV journalists the day before Carl Lee's preliminary hearing, what does Jake tell them a Mississippi jury has as options when trying capital murder?
5. What does Judge Bullard do to calm his nerves?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)