Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Clanton doing to prepare for the national spotlight a week before the Carl Lee trial?
(a) Public facilities are being cleaned and rejuvenated.
(b) Stray cats, dogs, other pets are being collected by Animal Control.
(c) Repainting stripes on Main Street, parking spaces, and Courthouse signs.
(d) New parking meters are being installed.
2. Ellen has done a masterful job of the M'Naghten brief, summarizing what into seventy-five pages directly applicable to the Hailey trial?
(a) A century of legal history.
(b) A quarter century of legal history.
(c) A half century of legal history.
(d) A century and a half of legal history.
3. How have Lucien and Harry Rex advised Jake regarding selection of women for the jury?
(a) Both are in favor.
(b) Harry Rex is in favor, Lucien is opposed.
(c) Both are opposed.
(d) Lucien is in favor, Harry Rex is opposed.
4. What three individuals were aware of what would likely take place, so the double murder does not surprise them?
(a) Ozzie Walls, K.T. "Cat" Bruster, Deputy Looney.
(b) Lester Hailey, Jake Brigance, Judge Bullard.
(c) Carla Brigance, Pete Willard, Billy Ray Cobb.
(d) Ozzie Walls, Jake Brigance, Carl Lee Hailey.
5. The Hailey indictment is not mentioned on TV until a brief 10:00 p.m. news segment, so what is Jake's response?
(a) He yells angily and tosses a sofa pillow at the TV.
(b) He does some paperwork.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He orders pizza.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Ozzie summons Jake to meet with Lester and Carl Lee and Carl Lee rehires Jake because his brother "wants me to," what does Carl Lee say?
2. Following his motion to withdraw on Friday, Jake does what?
3. What does Carl Lee Hailey feel his chances are, now that he has been arrested and charged with two counts of murder?
4. On his way back to Mississippi, what is Lester doing?
5. Where is the Ku Klux Klan meeting when Freddie Cobb, Billy Ray's brother, is stipulating to the Imperial Wizard that that they must get involved?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)