|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 37.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Friday, day five of the trial, Ozzie and Deputy Nesbit wake Jake before 5:00 a.m. to inform him "Mickey Mouse" has reported what?
(a) The Klan plan to kill Jake on the day of Stump Sisson's funeral.
(b) The Klan plan to bomb his office.
(c) The Klan plan to shoot him and Carl Lee in court today.
(d) The Klan plan again to blow up Jake's home.
2. What does Jake say to the judge after Ozzie explains what has taken place to Noose?
(a) He will be in this afternoon, not this morning.
(b) He will not be in today, he will be drunk by afternoon, and he will be in Saturday.
(c) He will be in as soon as he showers, changes, and the area is secured.
(d) He will be in, but not for an hour, as he needs to shower and change.
3. During the meeting of Jake's jury strategy team, what do the black citizens do?
(a) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the jail.
(b) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the courthouse and jail.
(c) Maintain a prayer vigil at local black churches.
(d) Maintain a candlelight vigil surrounding the courthouse.
4. Where is Tonya seated in the interview with Jake and the Hailey family?
(a) Seated in her Uncle Lester's lap.
(b) She is afraid and is not present.
(c) Seated in her daddy's lap.
(d) Seated in her mama's lap.
5. Lester tells Carl Lee what when he visits his cell?
(a) He will remain as long as is needed.
(b) He needs to leave, but will be back for his trial.
(c) He needs to leave and will return when he is able.
(d) He has to leave now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the participants chant at the rally?
2. What is the temperature at Reverend Agee's rally?
3. What is the reaction to the press conference?
4. A convoy of how many buses carrying elderly blacks converge at the courthouse where Reverend Agee is holding a rally?
5. Who is wounded when Jake is escorted from his office to the courthouse on Friday morning, the fifth day?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)