|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____________ was injured and out of commission, and Italy's war was handed off to second-tier generals, both American and German.
(a) von Thadden
2. Mirella hopes that the war will be over by _________________.
(c) Yom Kippur
3. What does Malcovato have unlimited access to which makes him a good person to know?
(c) Ration cards
4. Who has taken in hundreds of people needing a place to sleep and a meal?
(d) Sister Dimples
5. What does Messner give to Santino secretly as he tells him where to meet?
(a) Transport papers
(c) A gun
(d) A note from Claudette
Short Answer Questions
1. Which friend of Duno was violently killed, leading Schramm to teach Duno about medical matters?
2. Who rushes in to tell Santino about German soldiers raping a young girl?
3. What does Jakub laugh at when he is talking to Iacopo?
4. Who is one of the many thousands of people who were killed at San Mauro?
5. What does Renzo NOT go into the town to do after the war is declared to be over?
Short Essay Questions
1. By August, what is Renzo able to do after his injury?
2. What happens to Simon Henley's plane during the conflict with the German planes?
3. What does Maria Avoni teach Simon Henley about as she takes him to his first camp?
4. What does Renzo do once he realizes he has no one to live for now that the war is over?
5. How does Schramm describe Hitler's stories?
6. Who is Osvaldo now driving a car for?
7. What is the holiday that the United States and the Germans had hoped to meet in terms of ending the war?
8. Why does Artur almost shoot a young boy he sees while sitting out with Renzo/Ugo?
9. What does Renzo return to reveal to the others?
10. What was the real story behind the raping of the girl by the six German soldiers?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)