|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would NOT be necessary to nurse Schramm back to health?
(a) Plain food
(d) Cold, dry air
2. Where have Claudette and Albert been hiding for the last week?
(a) A tree
(b) Charcoal maker's shack
(c) The mountainside
(d) The stone hut of the local doctor
3. What else was in the answer to #102 to help make it seem more realistic?
(d) Dead pigeon
4. What does Schramm apologize for when he encounters Osvaldo later outside the church?
(a) Stealing money
(c) German background
(d) His smell
5. What did Klara Hitler finally die from as she seemingly could not be saved by a Jewish doctor?
(b) Breast cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. Schramm confesses to being part of the _________ program as part of Hitler's plan.
2. What does the farmer who is sheltering the Brosslers show them?
3. Klara believed that ________ stained her soul black.
4. Duno feels like a ________ in the mountains, but he knows he will never go back.
5. Leto was able to go to school because of his leg which would not allow him to _________ like other boys.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catarina Dolcino confess to Don Osvaldo that seems "funny" to him?
2. What does Renzo say as he is out in public with Mirella?
3. Why did the bells at the church suddenly begin to ring?
4. What might it take to help Schramm heal from his tuberculosis?
5. What happened to the Jews of Italy when Mussolini surrendered in 1942?
6. How does Schramm travel through German checkpoints?
7. Why had Renzo Leoni been waiting at the church when he met Schramm?
8. What are some of the things that Adolf is afraid of at the beginning of the manuscript which may have led to his own sense of purity?
9. Why does Werner think his mother committed suicide?
10. What happened to Angelo Soncini's baby sister?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)