|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Jews under the protection of before the war seemingly ends?
(b) Il Fuccoctoni
(c) The Pope
2. Who did Serafino Brizzolari already confess to, though he did not follow his advice for absolution?
3. In 1938, every city in Italy had to send ten anti-Fascist _________ to jail, which is why the answer to #50 went to jail.
4. Schramm compares war to misdiagnosed __________.
5. Whose acceptance of everyone regardless of race does Santino admire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Renzo and Tomitz tell the German police that Duno is a __________ who lost his family.
2. Who is the priest who introduces himself to Schramm?
3. Who tells Mirella and Angelo that Iacopo has been arrested?
4. What does Mirella try to finagle from the public official, Serafino Brizzolari?
5. War also has ________ in its battlefield, resulting in attack and retreat....
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Lidia do while Renzo was in jail, a fact she admits to him when he reveals his meeting with Schramm?
2. Who is the person who arranged Schramm's escape? Why?
3. What might it take to help Schramm heal from his tuberculosis?
4. Why was Leto allowed to go to school while others were not?
5. Describe the character of Lidia Leoni.
6. Why isn't Battista Goletta able to help the Brosslers in hiding from the Germans?
7. What does Maria Avani do in order to distract the soldiers from noticing their ignition wires from their motorcycles are being stolen?
8. What does Werner Schramm apologize for when he finally runs into Osvaldo?
9. What kind of mother was Klara Hitler to her son, Adolf Hitler?
10. Why had Renzo Leoni been waiting at the church when he met Schramm?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)