|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Renzo say should be honored as countrymen?
2. What do the German soldiers assume the woman in #158 is as they paw through her laundry?
3. Who does Renzo give British money and a letter to?
(c) Santino and Claudia
4. Who goes down to meet a lone officer of the Republican troops?
5. Who has now passed away from typhus and from a weak heart?
(b) Albert Blum
6. Sister Dimples arranges for a meeting between Angelo and who else?
7. Who is Duno treating, though he has Iacopo's help to do so?
8. Who has developed a successful system and is defeating the Germans in this area?
(c) Resistance Allies
9. An elderly contessa tells the German soldiers that the villa is a _________ and that il maggiore is trapped in Milan.
(a) children's home
(b) elderly home
10. What does Malcovato have unlimited access to which makes him a good person to know?
(d) Ration cards
11. ____________ was injured and out of commission, and Italy's war was handed off to second-tier generals, both American and German.
(b) von Thadden
12. German officers arrive in order to take over the villa for a ___________.
(c) storage facility
(d) command center
13. Conflicting ________ are dropped by the Germans and the Allies, leading to rumors in the area.
(a) radio signals
14. What does Isma reveal to Renzo, even though it seems she would not say anything to anyone?
(a) She is a German
(b) She is a boy
(d) She is Stefania from Austria
15. What does Simon tell himself not to do when he finds himself in a snowdrift and unable to move?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Italy hit with that helps in their resistance efforts in the war?
2. What is Santino Cicala helping Battista Goletta build?
3. Mirella believes: If you can help, you must _______.
4. What is Antonia Usodimare running her place as?
5. What is the name of the little mute to whom Angelo feels close?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)