|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one word Pierino says in response to finding out that Albert's wife and boys were put on a train?
2. Who was the famous figure who surrendered in 1942, seemingly ending the war in Italy?
(b) Benito Suarez
3. In 1938, every city in Italy had to send ten anti-Fascist _________ to jail, which is why the answer to #50 went to jail.
4. Brossler's mother would tell stories of her own family being plundered by the _____________.
5. What are Tomitz and Renzo working on as they travel on their way to Valdottavo?
(a) Broken down milk truck
(b) Their German accents
(d) Broken cart
6. What does Tomitz offer to give the rabbi and his family after telling them to leave town?
(b) Baptismal certificates
7. Santino was a drystone waller who hates _____________.
8. Who is the priest who introduces himself to Schramm?
9. What kind of training does the answer to #14 have that makes him useful?
10. What appears outside of Claudette and Albert's hiding place the first time gifts are left?
(a) Two peaches
(b) Two apples
(c) A bottle of wine
(d) A book
11. Who are now being forced into service in the German army and factories?
(a) Italian males
(b) No one
(c) Italian women
(d) Italian children
12. Who does Santino blame for the predicament of the Jews?
13. What does Iacopo admit to Mirella when they return home after Iacopo is released from jail?
(a) He wants a baby boy
(b) He is too tired to fight anymore
(c) He is having an affair
(d) He is not a Jew
14. Schramm compares war to misdiagnosed __________.
15. What did Klara Hitler finally die from as she seemingly could not be saved by a Jewish doctor?
(a) Breast cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Serafino Brizzolari already confess to, though he did not follow his advice for absolution?
2. What does Schramm fall to the ground with after his confession?
3. What does Schramm apologize for when he encounters Osvaldo later outside the church?
4. What does Don Osvaldo hear from Catarina Dolcino?
5. Who is now caring for Schramm, nursing him back to health?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)