|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Tomitz and Renzo working on as they travel on their way to Valdottavo?
(a) Their German accents
(b) Broken cart
(c) Broken down milk truck
2. What does Don Osvaldo hear from Catarina Dolcino?
(a) The German plans
(b) A joke
(c) A funny confession
(d) Her murder confession
3. Mirella tells Schramm that the Allies have leveled __________.
(a) Monte Cassino
(b) The Vatican
(c) Santa Clarita
4. Who did Serafino Brizzolari already confess to, though he did not follow his advice for absolution?
5. What is Osvaldo unable to do when he hears the confession of Schramm?
(a) Answer him
(b) Give absolution
(c) Stop crying
(d) Stop himself from hitting Schramm
6. What does Leto help Duno with as they travel on foot to Santa Chiara?
(a) His broken arm
(b) His war knowledge
(c) His Italian
(d) His German
7. What does Renzo act as in order to evade the capture by the Germans when Duno arrives?
(a) Ugo Messner
(b) Crazy Italian named Signor
(c) Renta Lupe
(d) Crazy Sicialian named Savoca
8. Who is not really a criminal but went to jail in place of his brother-in-law who was also not a criminal?
9. What was NOT one of the fears of Adolf as a child growing up in the fearful environment of his mother?
(c) Ill health
10. Where does Schramm finally lie down in order to begin to recuperate from his illness?
(a) Stone floor
(b) Mountain cave
(c) A tent
11. What kind of position does Tranquillo Loeb hold for the Delegation for the Assistance of Hebrew Emigrants?
12. Osvaldo is impatient with the __________ and with the war.
13. What does Claudette do that nearly makes her fall off the mountainside?
14. Klara would tell Adolf, "_______ or you'll get sick and die."
(a) Shut up
15. Who are now being forced into service in the German army and factories?
(a) Italian males
(b) Italian children
(c) Italian women
(d) No one
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the inebriated German Waffen SS officer that goes looking for a priest?
2. Who was impregnated by her uncle and then she eventually married him?
3. What does Renzo think the German army is going to make Italy pay for?
4. Mirella's life as a __________ was difficult and she is now enjoying the solitude of being in the mountains.
5. What are other women doing as the answer to #112 distracts the soldiers?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)