1. How old is Mariam when she first hears the word "harami" in Chapter 1?
(a) 5 years old.
(b) 3 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 8 months old.
2. On what day of the week does Jalil come to visit Mariam during her childhood?
(a) Every Sunday.
(b) Every Friday.
(c) Every Thursday.
(d) Every Tuesday.
3. How old was Mariam's Nana when her mother died?
(a) 2 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 12 years old.
(d) 6 years old.
4. What does the word "harami" mean, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
5. In what year was Mariam born?
6. Who does Jalil say "had raised the famous minarets as her loving ode to Herat back in the fifteenth century" in Chapter 1?
(a) Queen Gauhar Shad.
(b) Abdul Rashid Dostum.
(c) Gulbuddin Hekmatyar.
7. Who is the ancient poet that Jalil describes buried beneath a pistachio tree in Herat in Chapter 1?
(a) Abdul Rashid Dostum.
(b) Queen Gauhar Shad.
(c) Habib Khan.
This section contains 3,592 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)