|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginny stop to eat on her way up to St. Paul, Minnesota, as she is leaving Ty?
(a) Hot dog
(c) Pork chop
(d) Baked potato
2. What does Ginny add the poisonous herb to, knowing that Rose would probably not be able to resist?
(b) Chocolate cake
(c) Pork sausage
3. ___________ just wants the plates that Larry ate off but nothing else that might be on the farm.
4. What can Ginny not find in the house and she finally gives up at 3 AM and finds another accommodation?
5. __________ manage a decent funeral for Peter because others aren't around to help Rose and Ginny.
(a) Caroline's friends
(b) Ty and Loren
(c) The church people
(d) The men
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Caroline want to do that Larry would have disapproved of, at least it was fairly certain he would?
2. Pete gets drunk and drives over to threaten ________ and then drives off into the quarry where he actually drowns.
3. __________ cooks for the crew and is thanked for the home-cooked meal as a result.
4. Who covered for Caroline when Caroline was 14 and wanted to do something that Larry would have disapproved of?
5. How much money does Ginny ask Ty for as she is cooking food at the stove?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Henry Dodge, the Lutheran minister, come to call on Ginny, even though she did not ask him to come?
2. Who takes care of the funeral arrangements for Pete, since Harold and Larry are not present?
3. Where does Ginny decide to swim in order to clear her mind and to get away from others?
4. What was the one thing, Ginny thinks, her father had stolen from her in her life and in her marriage?
5. What did Pete tell Rose the week before when she told him about her affair with Jess?
6. What is the status of Harold's eyes after his accident with the ammonia?
7. What does Rose's physician tell Ginny about the condition of Rose and about her prognosis?
8. Why is Rose tempted to walk inside Chelsea, according to Rose as she speaks to Ginny?
9. What happens when Pete gets drunk in Mason City and drives over to threaten Harold?
10. What does Ty do when he's in town with Ginny at the Perkins Restaurant?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)