|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ginny do when she walks out the door? Puts on her coat, grabs her _______, and leaves Ty.
2. On Ginny's _______ birthday, her husband, Ty, stops by the restaurant where she still works as a waitress.
3. Where do the adults drop Pammy and Linda off before they head into town for their meeting?
(b) Caroline's house
(c) Grocery store
4. Rose lets her daughters sleep and thinks repeatedly that __________ is getting shorter for them.
5. ___________ says that just as their dreams are coming true, they are living in a nightmare as others have wrecked their dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ginny remembers giggling with Rose over the phone when Rose was away at __________.
2. The __________ were busy that spring and for several years to come with the land of Larry's being up for sale.
3. Ty hopes for ____________ so he can begin harvesting early on the farm and start seeing the results of his work.
4. To Ginny, the sound of __________ is something oracular, telling her what she should do with her life at this point.
5. The funeral is orchestrated, at least to some degree, for the benefit of ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Pete tell Rose the week before when she told him about her affair with Jess?
2. What happened to Rose's old home when the farm sale occurred in the springtime?
3. Why is Rose tempted to walk inside Chelsea, according to Rose as she speaks to Ginny?
4. What does Ginny do in order to attempt to poison her sister, Rose?
5. How did Ginny cover for Caroline when they were younger, Caroline being 14 and Ginny being 22?
6. What does Ty do when he's in town with Ginny at the Perkins Restaurant?
7. Why did the bank not give Ty a loan this year for his farm and for his hog operation?
8. What does Ginny notice about 6 AM the morning after Pete's accident?
9. Why does Ty hope for good weather at the beginning of this chapter?
10. What does Ginny do between shifts at her new job as a waitress?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)