|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ty really want from Ginny when he visits her at the restaurant on her birthday, even though he is nice to her?
(a) A car
(d) More acres
2. While Jess returned to the Pacific Northwest, Rose and her girls are going to remain _____________.
(a) A part of his life
(c) Married to him
(d) In touch with Harold
3. Rose tells Ginny about ___________ less superficial, hidden self-centered side. He had a way of using his kindness to manipulate others.
4. Who reminds Ginny of Rose? This person is a music education major at the local college.
5. How much money does Ginny ask Ty for as she is cooking food at the stove?
Short Answer Questions
1. Henry Dodge during an unexpected visit notes that _____________ appears unhappy and wants to know why.
2. What part of the farm was bulldozed, though the remaining daughters didn't seem to care much?
3. ___________ tells Ginny and Caroline they can take any personal possessions they want from the house and farm.
4. Ginny decides to give away her acres, with ___________ receiving 380 acres and Rose receiving 640 acres.
5. The farm's ultimate legacy was $34,000 in debt that was owed to __________ after the death of Larry.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the status of Harold's eyes after his accident with the ammonia?
2. What does Ginny believe is Rose's legacy to her daughters, Pammy and Linda?
3. Who takes care of the funeral arrangements for Pete, since Harold and Larry are not present?
4. What does Rose's physician tell Ginny about the condition of Rose and about her prognosis?
5. How did Ginny cover for Caroline when they were younger, Caroline being 14 and Ginny being 22?
6. What happens when Pete gets drunk in Mason City and drives over to threaten Harold?
7. What does Ginny do when she slips out of bed as Ty is sleeping one night?
8. What does Ginny notice about 6 AM the morning after Pete's accident?
9. When Ginny is hiding in a dressing room, what does she overhear Larry say about her and Rose?
10. What did Ginny do when she was 3-and-a-half that made her aware of her own skin?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)