|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ginny see when she is in the clothing store, causing her to hide in a dressing room until (s)he leaves?
2. Who surprises Ginny when she goes for a swim as they are throwing rocks into the water?
3. ___________ divides her life into before and after the conversation with Rose.
4. __________ was always patient and good humored, always moving slowly forward.
5. At the ___________ in the town where Ginny travels, the store manager notes that Larry is planning on moving to Des Moines.
(a) Book shop
(b) Department store
(c) Grocery store
(d) Antique store
Short Answer Questions
1. The court date has been set for _________ 19th, which is more than a month away at this point of the book.
2. How much money does Ginny ask Ty for as she is cooking food at the stove?
3. ___________ says that just as their dreams are coming true, they are living in a nightmare as others have wrecked their dreams.
4. What was put beside the bed during her first night with Ty after they were married and were consummating the relationship?
5. For the first time, _________ believes she really feels herself, that she can speak with a certain moral authority.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rose's physician tell Ginny about the condition of Rose and about her prognosis?
2. What is the status of Harold's eyes after his accident with the ammonia?
3. What happens when Pete gets drunk in Mason City and drives over to threaten Harold?
4. Where does Ginny decide to swim in order to clear her mind and to get away from others?
5. Why has Henry Dodge, the Lutheran minister, come to call on Ginny, even though she did not ask him to come?
6. What does Mr. Cartier tell Ginny and Rose, Pete and Ty to do in order to keep up with their case?
7. Why does Ty hope for good weather at the beginning of this chapter?
8. What does Ginny do between shifts at her new job as a waitress?
9. What does Marv Carlson tell Ginny and Caroline they can do before the farm sale starts?
10. Why do Ginny and Caroline go about dividing possessions in the cold as it is late November?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)