|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of plants seem to be fine, even though Ginny and Ty's relationship seems broken?
(a) Green bean
2. What does Jess ask Ginny to do when he surprises her by showing up at her house?
(a) Give him a book
(b) Go for a walk
(c) Make him breakfast
(d) Sleep with him
3. Larry announces a plan to form a corporation with the farm, giving each of his daughters __________ of the ownership of the farm.
(a) One third
(b) One tenth
(c) One fifth
(d) One half
4. Ginny wonders why the musically talented Pete married Rose, and it seemed the only thing the two had in common was ___________.
(c) A child
(d) Love of books
5. What is the task Ginny is trying to accomplish, one that takes her until noon that morning?
(a) Polishing the wood
(b) Washing dishes
(c) Cleaning carpets
Short Answer Questions
1. Larry purchases new ______________ he doesn't need and leaves them outside where they get ruined by the rain.
2. __________ says it's too much to walk a block and a half on an 87 degree day and that Ginny should wait in the car.
3. Henry Dodge is a ___________ minister who is always giving sermons which will appeal to the farmers.
4. Who arrives late to breakfast the day after the pig roast, even though the rest of the family was there and ready on time?
5. Where had Ginny and Rose created their own little world when they were children in order to entertain each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the kitchen cabinets that Larry purchases, even though he doesn't need them?
2. Describe the way that Marv Carlson, the banker, eats when he arrives at Larry's house the morning after the pig roast.
3. What has Ty wanted to do for years with his share of the farm he lives on?
4. What happened to the Ericson farm, according to Ginny's memory of the time it was purchased?
5. What ends the two week long Monopoly game and causes the family to react angrily?
6. When Pete mentions overhearing that Harold is going to be changing his will, how does Jess respond?
7. What happened to Ginny's grandmother's grandparents find when they arrived in the United States from England?
8. What happens to Ginny after she cleans the carpet in her house, a task which takes her until noon?
9. What happened when the trucks and the tractors broke during the past when Larry and Harold were around?
10. Why does Ginny run back home on her way to feed her father one morning?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)