|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Spurning dry clothes, Larry had insisted that his ________ and banker be summoned in the storm.
2. Larry purchases new ______________ he doesn't need and leaves them outside where they get ruined by the rain.
(d) Kitchen cabinets
3. When Ginny has the memory of her father abusing her, who does she scream for, though the person does not come to her aid?
4. Marv was worried about Larry and the line of credit that Larry had extended to __________.
5. Jess is thrilled about the idea of a farm, but admits he has difficulty _____________ so he might not want the farm.
(a) Making a decision
(b) Renting from someone he knows
(c) Settling down
(d) With farming
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ is currently cooking three meals a day for three households.
2. __________ says it's too much to walk a block and a half on an 87 degree day and that Ginny should wait in the car.
3. Ginny's grandparents were the ones who arrived from ____________ to find their new farm land to not be up to their expectations.
4. The ____________ after their mother had died, Larry made the daughters take separate bedrooms.
5. Jess gushes about a nearby organic farm that seeing its 20 varieties of non-hybrid __________ is like meeting the Buddha.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ginny and Rose do in order to help Caroline grow up well even though her mother had died?
2. Why was Jess in church that morning, as he explains later when his father and brother are not around?
3. What happened to the Ericson farm, according to Ginny's memory of the time it was purchased?
4. What are the reactions of the daughters to Larry's new disappearance?
5. Describe the way that Marv Carlson, the banker, eats when he arrives at Larry's house the morning after the pig roast.
6. When Larry arrived at Harold's, wet from the storm, what did he demand before asking for dry clothes?
7. What happened to Ginny's grandmother's grandparents find when they arrived in the United States from England?
8. What ends the two week long Monopoly game and causes the family to react angrily?
9. What kind of sermon does Henry Dodge give during the service in which Rose and Ginny are helping?
10. After the storm and the incident in the storm, what does Ginny decide she needs to do for her father?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)