|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ginny takes her nieces, Pammy and Linda, to the __________ swimming pool on a hot and windy Friday in June.
2. Ginny allows herself to feel a little _________ by the rigidity of Larry's eating schedule during the breakfast time.
3. What does Larry say to Ginny--something that Ty thinks Ginny should hear face-to-face with her father?
(a) Barren slut
(b) Barren whore
(c) Mother's mistake
4. What do Rose and Ginny decide to do because the doctor appointment goes so well?
(a) Go to the zoo
(b) Go shopping
(c) Go to a bar
(d) Go home early
5. What is the name of the road that Country Road 686 intersects with, according to the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. For years, Ty has wanted to double the farm's _________ operation, even though Larry did not agree with him.
2. Who upends the Monopoly game in Pete's lap when she hears the news of the unknown wedding?
3. Rose announces she has already fed Larry and that he was ________ because they allowed it.
4. Jess' father decided to take the day off from ____________ planting to host the pig roast for his son.
5. What did Larry do to the Ericson farm right after his wife died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the kitchen cabinets that Larry purchases, even though he doesn't need them?
2. What does Ginny drive Rose to and what is the outcome of this trip they take together?
3. What do Ginny and the girls encounter when they arrive home after their swimming trip?
4. When Ginny takes her nieces to the swimming pool, what do they complain about to her?
5. What kind of sermon does Henry Dodge give during the service in which Rose and Ginny are helping?
6. What is Marc Griffin, the banker, worried about in relation to the actions of Larry on his farm?
7. What does Harold publicly denounce Ginny and Rose for doing to Larry?
8. Why was Jess in church that morning, as he explains later when his father and brother are not around?
9. What has Ty wanted to do for years with his share of the farm he lives on?
10. Why does Ginny run back home on her way to feed her father one morning?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)