|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the task Ginny is trying to accomplish, one that takes her until noon that morning?
(b) Washing dishes
(c) Polishing the wood
(d) Cleaning carpets
2. Jess' father decided to take the day off from ____________ planting to host the pig roast for his son.
(a) Spring bean
3. What does Ginny imagine in the middle of her own pickup when she goes to get inside of the truck?
(a) Another man
(b) Baby seat
(d) Her daughter
4. _____________ does not wear the customary goggles and accidentally sprays himself with anhydrous ammonia.
5. What does Rose say that she wishes she hadn't done after the incident with Larry staggering down the road?
(a) Had children
(b) Quit smoking
(c) Said anything
(d) Stayed in town
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jess ask Ginny to do when he surprises her by showing up at her house?
2. Larry purchases new ______________ he doesn't need and leaves them outside where they get ruined by the rain.
3. Who is the narrator of the story who begins the story by describing the setting where they grew up?
4. Ginny and her sister, Rose, raised Caroline the best they could after their ____________ died and could not help them.
5. Henry Dodge is a ___________ minister who is always giving sermons which will appeal to the farmers.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Ty wanted to do for years with his share of the farm he lives on?
2. What happened when the trucks and the tractors broke during the past when Larry and Harold were around?
3. What happens when Jess arrives at Ginny's with frozen meat for her to store for him and for Harold?
4. When Ty returns with the missing Larry, what does Larry have to say to Ginny in person?
5. When Pete mentions overhearing that Harold is going to be changing his will, how does Jess respond?
6. What is Larry's response to the questions of Ginny and Ty after he is released from the hospital?
7. What do Ginny and the girls encounter when they arrive home after their swimming trip?
8. What happened to the Ericson farm, according to Ginny's memory of the time it was purchased?
9. What happens to Ginny after she cleans the carpet in her house, a task which takes her until noon?
10. What kind of sermon does Henry Dodge give during the service in which Rose and Ginny are helping?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)