|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the adults drop Pammy and Linda off before they head into town for their meeting?
(a) Grocery store
(c) Caroline's house
2. Rose tells Ginny about ___________ less superficial, hidden self-centered side. He had a way of using his kindness to manipulate others.
3. What does Ginny add the poisonous herb to, knowing that Rose would probably not be able to resist?
(a) Chocolate cake
(c) Pork sausage
4. Ginny and Rose, Ty and Pete have an unprecedented two-hour long conference with their new Mason City __________.
5. __________ manage a decent funeral for Peter because others aren't around to help Rose and Ginny.
(a) Caroline's friends
(b) Ty and Loren
(c) The men
(d) The church people
6. What does Ginny notice at 6:00 AM in the morning, with Rose stumbling up the road as well?
(c) Jess' truck in her yard
(d) Sheriff's car
7. While Jess returned to the Pacific Northwest, Rose and her girls are going to remain _____________.
(a) Married to him
(b) In touch with Harold
(d) A part of his life
8. Caroline believes that she and ____________ became close and that they only separated when she was cut out of the farm for a time.
9. Rose remembers that her mother died when she was at _____________.
(a) The doctor
(c) The farm
10. Ginny remembers giggling with Rose over the phone when Rose was away at __________.
(a) Summer camp
(b) The farm
(d) Work training
11. __________ cooks for the crew and is thanked for the home-cooked meal as a result.
12. What was not present on the bedsheets after Ty and Ginny had consummated their relationship for the first time, even though they prepared for it to be there?
(b) A wet spot
13. Larry told Ginny when she was that age that she was ____________, repeatedly telling her this, event though she was just a toddler.
(c) Out of control
(d) Out of her mind
14. ___________ divides her life into before and after the conversation with Rose.
15. Ginny goes out to stand on one of the bolted drainage wells, listening to the eternal __________, then goes to the barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose's legacy to her daughters was her __________, her way of looking things, according to Ginny.
2. Who calls after midnight wanting to talk, which causes the other person on the line to come over to talk?
3. The farm's ultimate legacy was $34,000 in debt that was owed to __________ after the death of Larry.
4. The harvest is more successful for __________ than it is for the neighbors, which proves this person is the better farmer.
5. To Ginny, the sound of __________ is something oracular, telling her what she should do with her life at this point.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)