|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caroline expresses forced enthusiasm, according to Ginny's observation, over a good price on __________.
(d) Shaving cream
2. What is still broiling as Ginny decides to leave Ty--actually they are still on the stove as she walks out the door?
(a) Pork chops
(b) Fish sticks
(c) Chicken breasts
3. Mr. Cartier tells the sisters that the ___________ will be hard to prove, so they need to focus more on keeping up appearances.
4. The court date has been set for _________ 19th, which is more than a month away at this point of the book.
5. __________ manage a decent funeral for Peter because others aren't around to help Rose and Ginny.
(a) Caroline's friends
(b) Ty and Loren
(c) The church people
(d) The men
6. Where do the adults drop Pammy and Linda off before they head into town for their meeting?
(b) Grocery store
(d) Caroline's house
7. Ty hopes for ____________ so he can begin harvesting early on the farm and start seeing the results of his work.
(a) A new tractor
(b) Good weather
(c) The approval of Harold
(d) The approval of Ginny
8. The sorting of possession happens in the cold as _________ doesn't believe ventilation prevents kerosene heater fatalities.
9. Ty is not settled, according to Ginny, and he is heading for a big hog operation in __________ where he hopes to land a job.
(a) New Mexico
10. At the ___________ in the town where Ginny travels, the store manager notes that Larry is planning on moving to Des Moines.
(a) Grocery store
(b) Book shop
(c) Department store
(d) Antique store
11. What does Ty really want from Ginny when he visits her at the restaurant on her birthday, even though he is nice to her?
(a) More acres
(d) A car
12. ____________, who reminds Ginny of Pete, is interested in vertical food conglomerates and may go to work for General Foods.
(c) Both sisters
13. Rose knows that __________ sees her differently than other men see her and that their physical attraction will fade in time.
14. __________ was always patient and good humored, always moving slowly forward.
15. What does Rose tell Ginny to cook for Pammy and Linda before she takes them back with her?
(a) Fried chicken
(b) Fried green tomatoes
(c) Pork chops
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ginny see when she is in the clothing store, causing her to hide in a dressing room until (s)he leaves?
2. Feeling too awkward to go to the pool to swim, Ginny heads over to the ___________.
3. ___________ says that just as their dreams are coming true, they are living in a nightmare as others have wrecked their dreams.
4. What does the person who surprises Ginny say is in the water where she is about to swim?
5. ___________ tells Ginny and Caroline they can take any personal possessions they want from the house and farm.
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)