|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Ginny, the sound of __________ is something oracular, telling her what she should do with her life at this point.
(a) The children
(b) Cooking food
(c) The wind
(d) Ty's snoring
2. What did Caroline want to do that Larry would have disapproved of, at least it was fairly certain he would?
(a) Date an older boy
(b) Get a job
(c) Be in a play
(d) Cut her hair
3. Rose lets her daughters sleep and thinks repeatedly that __________ is getting shorter for them.
4. Who reminds Ginny of Rose? This person is a music education major at the local college.
5. ___________ tells Ginny and Caroline they can take any personal possessions they want from the house and farm.
6. The judge rules in the defendants' favor, charging Caroline and Larry with paying the _____________.
(a) The defendants for their time
(b) Court costs
(c) Land taxes
(d) Water fees
7. Rose tells Ginny about ___________ less superficial, hidden self-centered side. He had a way of using his kindness to manipulate others.
8. What does Pete say that he wants, even though his daughters have been waiting for hours during their long meeting?
(c) A coat
(d) A new tractor
9. Henry Dodge during an unexpected visit notes that _____________ appears unhappy and wants to know why.
10. What was not present on the bedsheets after Ty and Ginny had consummated their relationship for the first time, even though they prepared for it to be there?
(c) A wet spot
11. Ginny notices that every ___________ in Rose's house is lit when she comes over.
(c) Christmas light
12. __________ admits she is tempted to walk inside the Chelsea, even after all these years.
13. Where does Ginny drive in order to find out what the townsfolk are saying about Larry and the rest of the family as the pastor will not reveal anything?
(c) Cedar Rapids
(d) Des Moines
14. What is the plant Ginny decides to use in order to help poison Rose so that she can finally escape the farm?
(d) Bay leaf
15. Ty hopes for ____________ so he can begin harvesting early on the farm and start seeing the results of his work.
(a) A new tractor
(b) Good weather
(c) The approval of Ginny
(d) The approval of Harold
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose's legacy to her daughters was her __________, her way of looking things, according to Ginny.
2. __________ cooks for the crew and is thanked for the home-cooked meal as a result.
3. The farm's ultimate legacy was $34,000 in debt that was owed to __________ after the death of Larry.
4. The funeral is orchestrated, at least to some degree, for the benefit of ___________.
5. What is Rose's reaction to the fact that Ginny tried to poison Rose with the sausages?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)