|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Caroline expresses forced enthusiasm, according to Ginny's observation, over a good price on __________.
(a) Shaving cream
2. What is the word Rose says when she calls Ginny that causes Ginny to go back to Mason City?
3. What is Rose's reaction to the fact that Ginny tried to poison Rose with the sausages?
(a) She cries
(b) She tells Ginny to get out
(c) She laughs
(d) She says nothing
4. Ginny remembers giggling with Rose over the phone when Rose was away at __________.
(b) Summer camp
(c) Work training
(d) The farm
5. Who does Ginny remember always watching her as she got beat by Larry as a child, even though Ginny screamed?
(b) Her mother
6. The sorting of possession happens in the cold as _________ doesn't believe ventilation prevents kerosene heater fatalities.
7. ____________, who reminds Ginny of Pete, is interested in vertical food conglomerates and may go to work for General Foods.
(c) Both sisters
8. Where do the adults drop Pammy and Linda off before they head into town for their meeting?
(a) Grocery store
(c) Caroline's house
9. Ginny is working as a waitress at the ____________ Restaurant off Interstate 35.
(d) Cracker Barrel
10. The funeral is orchestrated, at least to some degree, for the benefit of ___________.
(a) The girls
11. Ginny feels the one thing her father has stolen from her is the ___________ of her own body.
12. What does Ginny add the poisonous herb to, knowing that Rose would probably not be able to resist?
(c) Pork sausage
(d) Chocolate cake
13. What does Ginny notice at 6:00 AM in the morning, with Rose stumbling up the road as well?
(a) Jess' truck in her yard
(c) Sheriff's car
14. ___________ tells Ginny and Caroline they can take any personal possessions they want from the house and farm.
15. Who surprises Ginny when she goes for a swim as they are throwing rocks into the water?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ginny first call before she goes out to see Rose, but when she arrives in Mason City as promised?
2. Ginny and Rose are said to have wrecked the dreams of the character in #100, and that what ___________ did to them was their fault.
3. What does Ginny stop to eat on her way up to St. Paul, Minnesota, as she is leaving Ty?
4. __________ admits she is tempted to walk inside the Chelsea, even after all these years.
5. __________ was always patient and good humored, always moving slowly forward.
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)