|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many dead children, due to miscarriages, does Ginny have in her history, leaving her longing for children?
2. __________ says it's too much to walk a block and a half on an 87 degree day and that Ginny should wait in the car.
3. Who bought the air-conditioned International Harvester tractor in a bright red color, which annoyed Larry?
4. What does Jess ask Ginny to do when he surprises her by showing up at her house?
(a) Go for a walk
(b) Give him a book
(c) Make him breakfast
(d) Sleep with him
5. Who found Larry when he was raging, soaked, and maniacal during the storm?
6. After the papers for the farm are signed, who decides to leave without saying goodbye and the car gone by the time anyone else notices?
7. What does the buffet table usually have an overabundance of when they set up for the picnic for the church's 1903 founding?
8. When Ginny serves her father his breakfast in the morning, she withholds all ____________ for him and for his condition.
9. After Ginny finally falls asleep, she wakes up to Jess telling her that Larry is at ____________.
(d) The jail
10. How do the Monopoly players find out about the wedding ceremony of the person they know well?
(d) Someone in the group lets it slip
11. Jess' father decided to take the day off from ____________ planting to host the pig roast for his son.
(b) Spring bean
12. Ginny wonders how many ___________ visits it might take to cure Larry and Rose after what happened.
13. Ginny fears that __________ had sensed something between her and Jess but she wasn't sure.
14. What kind of plants seem to be fine, even though Ginny and Ty's relationship seems broken?
(d) Green bean
15. Who is the narrator of the story who begins the story by describing the setting where they grew up?
Short Answer Questions
1. Ginny cannot think of ________ without thinking of her room, which she cannot think of without thinking of her father.
2. What do Rose and Ginny decide to do because the doctor appointment goes so well?
3. Larry and his other lawyer, ___________, are suing to get the farm back from Rose and Ginny and the others.
4. Larry purchases new ______________ he doesn't need and leaves them outside where they get ruined by the rain.
5. Rose notes that Larry's abuse was not that she had been raped, but that she had been ___________.
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)