|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Spurning dry clothes, Larry had insisted that his ________ and banker be summoned in the storm.
2. Rose announces she has already fed Larry and that he was ________ because they allowed it.
3. Larry purchases new ______________ he doesn't need and leaves them outside where they get ruined by the rain.
(c) Kitchen cabinets
4. __________ says it's too much to walk a block and a half on an 87 degree day and that Ginny should wait in the car.
5. Where do Ginny and Rose sit as they talk about what Larry might have to say about Rose's accusations?
(a) Chelsea's front porch
(b) The bathroom
(c) The old pond
(d) The new dairy farm
6. Who is the narrator of the story who begins the story by describing the setting where they grew up?
7. Where had Ginny and Rose created their own little world when they were children in order to entertain each other?
(a) The large bay window
(b) Their mother's closet
(c) The pond
(d) Their parent's room
8. What was revealed under the marshland that once stood in the farm area that Larry now owns?
(a) Natural crops
(b) Fertile soil
(c) A river
9. Ginny's mother had not been afraid of _________, but afraid of the life her daughters would lead after that happened.
(a) Larry's abuse
(c) Farm life
10. Rose thinks that Larry is perfecting his _______________ as he will continue to do during his retirement.
(a) Poker face
(b) Quiet march to silence
(c) Death's fercent gaze
(d) Death's head start
11. What does Larry say to Ginny--something that Ty thinks Ginny should hear face-to-face with her father?
(a) Mother's mistake
(b) Barren whore
(d) Barren slut
12. As the storm clouds form on the horizon, a ___________ is already issued for the country surrounding and including the farm.
(a) Thunderstorm warning
(b) Thunderstorm watch
(c) Tornado watch
(d) Tornado warning
13. What kind of plants seem to be fine, even though Ginny and Ty's relationship seems broken?
(c) Green bean
14. Who starts acting with more authority now that Larry has rolled his truck, something that this person had not done before?
15. What does Jess ask Ginny to do when he surprises her by showing up at her house?
(a) Make him breakfast
(b) Go for a walk
(c) Give him a book
(d) Sleep with him
Short Answer Questions
1. Jess is thrilled about the idea of a farm, but admits he has difficulty _____________ so he might not want the farm.
2. Rose didn't bother sneaking out of the house when she was young; she exited at her leisure via the _____________.
3. Who drives to Cabot to talk to Henry Dodge, though she bolts from his office as soon as he appears, without talking to him?
4. How do the Monopoly players find out about the wedding ceremony of the person they know well?
5. After Ginny finally falls asleep, she wakes up to Jess telling her that Larry is at ____________.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)