|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Larry announces a plan to form a corporation with the farm, giving each of his daughters __________ of the ownership of the farm.
(a) One fifth
(b) One third
(c) One half
(d) One tenth
2. Larry purchases new ______________ he doesn't need and leaves them outside where they get ruined by the rain.
(a) Kitchen cabinets
3. Jess mentions he has 13 years of experience in ___________ farming as well as a shallow understanding of Buddhism.
4. Ginny and her sister, Rose, raised Caroline the best they could after their ____________ died and could not help them.
5. How old is the narrator when the story opens and the description of the farm is being shared with the reader?
6. After the papers for the farm are signed, who decides to leave without saying goodbye and the car gone by the time anyone else notices?
7. Ginny's mother had not been afraid of _________, but afraid of the life her daughters would lead after that happened.
(a) Farm life
(d) Larry's abuse
8. Who bought the air-conditioned International Harvester tractor in a bright red color, which annoyed Larry?
9. The farm stretching a mile along Country Road 686 where _______ numbered roads run east to west.
10. Pammy and Linda decide to play with each other in another part of ________ house as the parents are playing a game.
11. Ginny thinks back to when her house used to be owned by the ___________.
12. It was easier to raise Caroline, Ginny admits, because she was an ____________ child.
13. __________ accuses Ginny and Rose of taking advantage of Larry, though he was the one who decided who to give the farm to.
14. Ginny's grandparents were the ones who arrived from ____________ to find their new farm land to not be up to their expectations.
15. Caroline calls and says she had just returned from New York and found a note on her desk saying ____________ had driven to Des Moines to find her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jess says that Ginny doesn't have children because there are ___________ in the well water at the farm.
2. What are Pammy and Linda peering at as they begin to walk toward the house in the tableau of hope that Ginny envisions?
3. What was wrong with the farmland when Ginny's grandparents arrived in the United States?
4. Jess decides to explain to others what the _______________ is and how it works after dismissing the idea of Larry changing his will.
5. On Wednesday, what does Ginny wander around to find as she used to go there as a child?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)