|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pammy and Linda decide to play with each other in another part of ________ house as the parents are playing a game.
2. Who does Ginny suddenly find to be quite charming, even though she hadn't thought this before?
3. __________ is complaining about the new red air conditioned Harvester tractor that was recently purchased.
4. What does Rose say that she wishes she hadn't done after the incident with Larry staggering down the road?
(a) Quit smoking
(b) Had children
(c) Said anything
(d) Stayed in town
5. _________ does not respond to any of Ty and Ginny's questions, neither in the hospital or in the car on the drive home.
6. Jess' father decided to take the day off from ____________ planting to host the pig roast for his son.
(a) Spring bean
7. What does Jess ask Ginny to do when he surprises her by showing up at her house?
(a) Make him breakfast
(b) Give him a book
(c) Sleep with him
(d) Go for a walk
8. Jess says that Ginny doesn't have children because there are ___________ in the well water at the farm.
9. What did Ginny forget on her way to the Chelsea that makes her turn around to go back to get them?
10. After a church service, Ginny urges _________ to make amends with Larry as she thinks it's the right thing to do.
11. Jess asks Ginny who Larry's favorite was of all of his girls as they are talking to each other. Who is the favorite?
(b) None of them
12. Marv was worried about Larry and the line of credit that Larry had extended to __________.
13. Who drives to Cabot to talk to Henry Dodge, though she bolts from his office as soon as he appears, without talking to him?
14. Rose announces she has already fed Larry and that he was ________ because they allowed it.
15. After the papers for the farm are signed, who decides to leave without saying goodbye and the car gone by the time anyone else notices?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jess mentions he has 13 years of experience in ___________ farming as well as a shallow understanding of Buddhism.
2. Rose didn't bother sneaking out of the house when she was young; she exited at her leisure via the _____________.
3. What were Ty and Pete installing when Ginny returned from the swimming pool with Pammy and Linda?
4. It was easier to raise Caroline, Ginny admits, because she was an ____________ child.
5. Jess is thrilled about the idea of a farm, but admits he has difficulty _____________ so he might not want the farm.
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)