|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 17 | Book 3: Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Pammy and Linda peering at as they begin to walk toward the house in the tableau of hope that Ginny envisions?
2. What did Larry do to the Ericson farm right after his wife died?
(a) Gave it to Harold
(b) Boarded it up
(c) Burned it down
(d) Moved in
3. Ginny's mother had not been afraid of _________, but afraid of the life her daughters would lead after that happened.
(b) Larry's abuse
(d) Farm life
4. What do Rose and Ginny decide to do because the doctor appointment goes so well?
(a) Go shopping
(b) Go home early
(c) Go to a bar
(d) Go to the zoo
5. What were Ty and Pete installing when Ginny returned from the swimming pool with Pammy and Linda?
(a) A pool
(b) New windows
(c) Air conditioner
Short Answer Questions
1. Rose announces she has already fed Larry and that he was ________ because they allowed it.
2. Rose thinks that Larry is perfecting his _______________ as he will continue to do during his retirement.
3. Ginny and her sister, Rose, raised Caroline the best they could after their ____________ died and could not help them.
4. It was easier to raise Caroline, Ginny admits, because she was an ____________ child.
5. How many land purchases were made in 1939, the year after Ginny's grandmother died, helping to make the farm even larger?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)