|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Friedman-Bernal usually ask Arnold to pick her up if she was using his kayak?
2. Where does Richard DuMont live?
3. What color is the poncho that Leaphorn finds in the kayak Friedman-Bernal abandoned?
4. When might Friedman-Bernal have licensed a pistol in Wisconsin?
5. Where did a commuter plane take Leaphorn after his New York trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Arnold believe that Friedman-Bernal might have taken his kayak?
2. What does Detective McGee look like?
3. What tracks does Leaphorn discover in the area where Friedman-Bernal left her kayak?
4. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
5. How does Leaphorn travel home from New York?
6. What does Irene Musket say about Houk's trips in the kayak?
7. Where did Etcitty find the pot that DuMont purchased?
8. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
9. What reason does Nakai give for leaving his tent trailer?
10. What does Amos Whistler say about the area where the pots came from that interest Friedman-Bernal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Houk and the life he has led and how other characters view him.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Brigham Houk and his problems.
Essay Topic 3
Chee is assigned to watch the Navajo Tribal Motor Pool. Discuss the case, why it is assigned to Chee, and why the case is later assigned to Sergeant Benally.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)