|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Elliot to begin his air journey to Washington?
2. What color are Brigham's eyes?
3. How long has Flight Contractors been renting helicopters to Elliot?
4. The hogan where Chee leaves Nakai is situated on a wash. Where does that wash drain?
5. What simile is used to describe how terrified Brigham was when he was found in an old coyote den?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Leaphorn sees a snowy egret, what does he compare it to?
2. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
3. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
4. What does Irene Musket say about Houk's trips in the kayak?
5. Why was Elliot turned down when he applied to excavate sites in San Juan County?
6. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
7. How does Leaphorn travel home from New York?
8. What lines the shelves on either side of a formal fireplace in DuMont's home?
9. What is the last thing that Houk does before someone comes for him?
10. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons why Leaphorn decides to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Houk and the life he has led and how other characters view him.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the author uses back stories to provide information about characters and to describe events that happened before the occurrences in the novel.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)