|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine does Leaphorn browse through when Marcy leaves to get him some information?
2. What did Irene Musket leave in the refrigerator at Houk's place that she meant to take home?
3. Where does Leaphorn change planes on his way home from New York?
4. How far will Brigham and Leaphorn have to carry Friedman-Bernal from the canyon bottom to the river?
5. Approximately how high do the cliffs of Many Ruins Canyon rise above a narrow, sandy bottom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What petroglyphs does Leaphorn see on the cliffs after he leaves the kayak?
2. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
3. How does Leaphorn travel home from New York?
4. What has Houk done during his life?
5. When Leaphorn climbs a cliff, who is standing waiting for him?
6. What does Irene Musket say about Houk's trips in the kayak?
7. While Houk is in the barn considering his fate, what does he realize he should have known?
8. What reason does Nakai give for leaving his tent trailer?
9. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
10. What does Amos Whistler say about the area where the pots came from that interest Friedman-Bernal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It takes awhile, but Chee finally realizes that he is done with his relationship with Mary Landon. Discuss the signs that Chee is finished with his relationship with Mary Landon.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Houk and the life he has led and how other characters view him.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons why Leaphorn decides to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)