|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chee dream about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. What color are Brigham's eyes?
3. What is another name for Watersprinkler Canyon?
4. When did an Anasazi family have two holes in the left mandible and the usual one in the right?
5. What is the name of the FBI agent who contacts L. G. Marcy and introduces Leaphorn?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
2. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
3. While Houk is in the barn considering his fate, what does he realize he should have known?
4. What petroglyphs does Leaphorn see on the cliffs after he leaves the kayak?
5. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
6. How does Leaphorn travel home from New York?
7. What is the last thing that Houk does before someone comes for him?
8. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
9. What lines the shelves on either side of a formal fireplace in DuMont's home?
10. What has Houk done during his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons why Leaphorn decides to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance.
Essay Topic 2
Leaphorn seems to be affected by his wife's death. Discuss the death of Leaphorn's wife and how it affects him.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, Chee remembers an aphorism his uncle frequently told him, "When you're tired of walking up a long hill you think about how easy it's going to be walking down." Discuss the meaning of this aphorism and whether it came true for Chee.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)