|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for Watersprinkler Canyon?
2. When would Houk go down the river in his kayak?
3. What is stacked in bales in the barn?
4. What part of Friedman's body is broken?
5. What is L. G. Marcy's job title?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the last thing that Houk does before someone comes for him?
2. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
3. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
4. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
5. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
6. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
7. Where did Etcitty find the pot that DuMont purchased?
8. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
9. Why does Detective McGee from the Utah State Police wish to speak with Leaphorn?
10. What reason does Nakai give for leaving his tent trailer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and how Pete and Chee use symbolism to talk about their broken relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Leaphorn believes that the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap. Discuss why the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Houk and the life he has led and how other characters view him.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)