|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What simile is used to describe how terrified Brigham was when he was found in an old coyote den?
2. What does Houk grab to defend himself when he believes someone is coming after him?
3. What did Irene Musket leave in the refrigerator at Houk's place that she meant to take home?
4. What is another name for Watersprinkler Canyon?
5. Who does Brigham believe brought Friedman-Bernal to the area?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and how Pete and Chee use symbolism to talk about their broken relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons why Leaphorn decides to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, Chee remembers an aphorism his uncle frequently told him, "When you're tired of walking up a long hill you think about how easy it's going to be walking down." Discuss the meaning of this aphorism and whether it came true for Chee.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)