|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day did Irene Musket find Houk's body in the barn?
2. How many sacred mountains mark the borders of Dineh Bike'yah?
3. Where is Harrison Houk when he realizes that he had not been smart enough?
4. How old is the girl who seems to be in charge of the Tsaya Chapter House?
5. What is the name of the state that the girl at the Tsaya Chapter House overheard Nakai mention?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Leaphorn sees a snowy egret, what does he compare it to?
2. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
3. Where did Etcitty find the pot that DuMont purchased?
4. What lines the shelves on either side of a formal fireplace in DuMont's home?
5. What tracks does Leaphorn discover in the area where Friedman-Bernal left her kayak?
6. How does Leaphorn persuade Marcy to tell him the name of the buyer who bought the pot Friedman-Bernal was interested in?
7. How does Leaphorn travel home from New York?
8. What is the last thing that Houk does before someone comes for him?
9. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
10. What reason does Nakai give for leaving his tent trailer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and how Pete and Chee use symbolism to talk about their broken relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Leaphorn and Chee. Show how the two men are different, and how they are alike.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons why Leaphorn decides to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)