|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Brigham's eyes?
2. Why does Houk have to use a cane?
3. What does Chee have for lunch when he and Pete have lunch together?
4. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
5. The hogan where Chee leaves Nakai is situated on a wash. Where does that wash drain?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
2. While Houk is in the barn considering his fate, what does he realize he should have known?
3. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
4. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
5. When Leaphorn sees a snowy egret, what does he compare it to?
6. What reason does Nakai give for leaving his tent trailer?
7. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
8. What does Detective McGee look like?
9. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
10. Why does Detective McGee from the Utah State Police wish to speak with Leaphorn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons why Leaphorn decides to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
It takes awhile, but Chee finally realizes that he is done with his relationship with Mary Landon. Discuss the signs that Chee is finished with his relationship with Mary Landon.
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)