|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is more or less Leaphorn's boss?
2. What part of Friedman's body is broken?
3. Which county sheriff's office identified Harrison Houk's body?
4. On what does Houk write a note before he dies?
5. How many sacred mountains mark the borders of Dineh Bike'yah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
2. When Leaphorn climbs a cliff, who is standing waiting for him?
3. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
4. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
5. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
6. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
7. What did Leaphorn ask Irene Musket to do for him as he took out the kayak?
8. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
9. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
10. What reason does Nakai give for leaving his tent trailer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Thatcher is assigned to serve a warrant to Dr. Friedman-Bernal. Discuss the accusations against Dr. Friedman-Bernal and what is learned during the course of the investigation.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 7, Janet Pete learns about the damage to the car she wishes to buy, a moment Chee has been dreading. The Discuss Pete's reaction to the damage and who she blames for the damage.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)