|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Houk leave a note for Irene?
2. Where does Richard DuMont live?
3. What did DuMont pay for the Anasazi pot he purchased?
4. How far up the canyon where Friedman-Bernal abandoned her kayak does Leaphorn find evidence of modern human occupancy?
5. In Chapter 14, where do Chee and Pete meet for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the last thing that Houk does before someone comes for him?
2. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
3. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
4. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
5. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
6. What has Houk done during his life?
7. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
8. What lines the shelves on either side of a formal fireplace in DuMont's home?
9. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
10. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and how Pete and Chee use symbolism to talk about their broken relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Leaphorn believes that the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap. Discuss why the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)