|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After checking two possible landing points on the reservation side of the river and looking at the mouths of Butler Wash and Comb Creek, what bird does Leaphorn see?
2. What is the name of the FBI agent who contacts L. G. Marcy and introduces Leaphorn?
3. What does Chee have for lunch when he and Pete have lunch together?
4. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
5. Since when had Harrison Houk known he was smarter than most people?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
2. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
3. What lines the shelves on either side of a formal fireplace in DuMont's home?
4. Where does Houk consider hiding?
5. When Leaphorn sees a snowy egret, what does he compare it to?
6. What reason does Nakai give for leaving his tent trailer?
7. Where did Etcitty find the pot that DuMont purchased?
8. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
9. What does Irene Musket say about Houk's trips in the kayak?
10. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Elliot and Davis.
Essay Topic 2
Leaphorn enjoys the rain in New York City and purchases the first umbrella he has ever owned. Discuss why the rain is so special to Leaphorn and why he has never owned an umbrella.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Houk and the life he has led and how other characters view him.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)