|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
2. At what site is Randall Elliot working when Chee arrives at Chaco in Chapter 17?
3. What road does Chee drive to Farmington in Chapter 17?
4. Where did Houk leave a note for Irene?
5. What magazine does Leaphorn browse through when Marcy leaves to get him some information?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Etcitty find the pot that DuMont purchased?
2. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
3. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
4. What is the last thing that Houk does before someone comes for him?
5. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
6. When Leaphorn sees a snowy egret, what does he compare it to?
7. While Houk is in the barn considering his fate, what does he realize he should have known?
8. What tracks does Leaphorn discover in the area where Friedman-Bernal left her kayak?
9. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
10. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and how Pete and Chee use symbolism to talk about their broken relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Leaphorn enjoys the rain in New York City and purchases the first umbrella he has ever owned. Discuss why the rain is so special to Leaphorn and why he has never owned an umbrella.
Essay Topic 3
Thatcher is assigned to serve a warrant to Dr. Friedman-Bernal. Discuss the accusations against Dr. Friedman-Bernal and what is learned during the course of the investigation.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)