|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When might Friedman-Bernal have licensed a pistol in Wisconsin?
2. What magazine does Leaphorn browse through when Marcy leaves to get him some information?
3. What is the name of the pilot who will fly Chee in a helicopter?
4. How far will Brigham and Leaphorn have to carry Friedman-Bernal from the canyon bottom to the river?
5. Where does Houk hide a note?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Houk done during his life?
2. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
3. Where does Houk consider hiding?
4. Where did Etcitty find the pot that DuMont purchased?
5. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
6. When Leaphorn sees a snowy egret, what does he compare it to?
7. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
8. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
9. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
10. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and how Pete and Chee use symbolism to talk about their broken relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Leaphorn enjoys the rain in New York City and purchases the first umbrella he has ever owned. Discuss why the rain is so special to Leaphorn and why he has never owned an umbrella.
Essay Topic 3
It takes awhile, but Chee finally realizes that he is done with his relationship with Mary Landon. Discuss the signs that Chee is finished with his relationship with Mary Landon.
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)