|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did an Anasazi family have two holes in the left mandible and the usual one in the right?
2. What does Leaphorn read on the plane home from New York?
3. What road does Chee drive to Farmington in Chapter 17?
4. After checking two possible landing points on the reservation side of the river and looking at the mouths of Butler Wash and Comb Creek, what bird does Leaphorn see?
5. How long has Flight Contractors been renting helicopters to Elliot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
2. Why does Detective McGee from the Utah State Police wish to speak with Leaphorn?
3. When Leaphorn climbs a cliff, who is standing waiting for him?
4. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
5. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
6. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
7. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
8. What reason does Nakai give for leaving his tent trailer?
9. While Houk is in the barn considering his fate, what does he realize he should have known?
10. How does Leaphorn persuade Marcy to tell him the name of the buyer who bought the pot Friedman-Bernal was interested in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leaphorn enjoys the rain in New York City and purchases the first umbrella he has ever owned. Discuss why the rain is so special to Leaphorn and why he has never owned an umbrella.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Leaphorn and Chee. Show how the two men are different, and how they are alike.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why love is not enough to keep the Chee and Mary Landon together.
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)