|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the travel agency that Elliot uses?
2. What is another name for Watersprinkler Canyon?
3. How far below the Bluff bridge, does Leaphorn allow the kayak drift into a sandbar?
4. What does Leaphorn read on the plane home from New York?
5. Where was Elliot to begin his air journey to Washington?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tracks does Leaphorn discover in the area where Friedman-Bernal left her kayak?
2. How does Leaphorn persuade Marcy to tell him the name of the buyer who bought the pot Friedman-Bernal was interested in?
3. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
4. What petroglyphs does Leaphorn see on the cliffs after he leaves the kayak?
5. Why was Elliot turned down when he applied to excavate sites in San Juan County?
6. What lines the shelves on either side of a formal fireplace in DuMont's home?
7. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
8. When Leaphorn climbs a cliff, who is standing waiting for him?
9. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
10. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the author uses back stories to provide information about characters and to describe events that happened before the occurrences in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Elliot and Davis.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Leaphorn and Chee. Show how the two men are different, and how they are alike.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)