|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is Chaco from the area where Dr. Friedman-Bernal is hiking?
2. What melody is someone whistling when Dr. Friedman-Bernal sees a humped shape come toward her?
3. What is the date when Pete and Chee talk about their broken relationships?
4. Where does Bernie Tso say that the driver of the Plymouth works?
5. Who is assigned to the stolen backhoe case after it is stolen during Chee's watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Luna describe Elliott?
2. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
3. How does Chee damage the car Janet Pete wants to buy?
4. What does Leaphorn say about Chee and what is a hatathali?
5. Who is Lehman?
6. Why is it difficult to have secrets at Chaco?
7. What does Chee want to do when he discovers all the bones near the dead men?
8. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
9. Why does Chee believe that the person who was working in the area where Nails and Etcitty died knew what he was doing?
10. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Leaphorn believes that the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap. Discuss why the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap.
Essay Topic 3
Leaphorn enjoys the rain in New York City and purchases the first umbrella he has ever owned. Discuss why the rain is so special to Leaphorn and why he has never owned an umbrella.
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)