|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far do the Luna children ride the bus to school?
2. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
3. How long before the Spanish arrived did the Anasazi disappear?
4. How old is Bob Luna's son?
5. How many miles are on the odometer of the car that Janet Pete wishes to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
2. How did Dr. Friedman-Bernal make it appear that she was going to Farmington?
3. How does Chee damage the car Janet Pete wants to buy?
4. Who does Chee believe died first, Nails or Etcitty, and why?
5. Why did Rev. Tafoya become a Christian?
6. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
7. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
8. How is Dr. Friedman-Bernal described as she makes her moonlit hike in the desert?
9. What does Chee want to do when he discovers all the bones near the dead men?
10. How did Leaphorn remember calls traveling when they used a Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and how Pete and Chee use symbolism to talk about their broken relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons why Leaphorn decides to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel.
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)