|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What car does Janet Pete drive that she wants to trade in on a different car?
2. In Chapter 4, how far is Nakai's revival tent from Leaphorn's home?
3. What is the name of the Luna's daughter?
4. From what direction does the wind blow during the night in Chapter 8?
5. What melody is someone whistling when Dr. Friedman-Bernal sees a humped shape come toward her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
2. Why does Leaphorn decide to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance?
3. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
4. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
5. Who is Lehman?
6. Why did Rev. Tafoya become a Christian?
7. What does Thatcher say about Harrison Houk?
8. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
9. Where had Leaphorn seen the man who is playing the guitar at the revival meeting before?
10. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Leaphorn and Chee. Show how the two men are different, and how they are alike.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why love is not enough to keep the Chee and Mary Landon together.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Brigham Houk and his problems.
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)