|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see on the wall of pictographs that she believes is a Navajo pictograph?
2. How many degrees has Leaphorn moved his bed?
3. What is the date when Pete and Chee talk about their broken relationships?
4. When did the Mormons settle the area where Thatcher and Leaphorn drive?
5. To whom did the tire dealer sell the tires that matched the tracks left by a truck that hauled away the stolen backhoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
2. How does Leaphorn travel home from New York?
3. Who saw the theft of a backhoe and why didn't they report it?
4. What reason does Nakai give for leaving his tent trailer?
5. Why did Rev. Tafoya become a Christian?
6. What does Leaphorn say about Chee and what is a hatathali?
7. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
8. What is the last thing that Houk does before someone comes for him?
9. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
10. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Elliot and Davis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why love is not enough to keep the Chee and Mary Landon together.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Leaphorn and Chee. Show how the two men are different, and how they are alike.
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)