|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dr. Delbert Devanti from?
2. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 4, how far is Nakai's revival tent from Leaphorn's home?
4. When Thatcher and Leaphorn arrive at Chaco, how many days has it been since Bob Luna reported that Eleanor Friedman-Bernal was missing?
5. Where do Davis and Elliott tell Leaphorn that Dr. Friedman-Bernal has discovered a certain potter and her work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
2. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
3. Why did Rev. Tafoya become a Christian?
4. How does Chee damage the car Janet Pete wants to buy?
5. What changes has Leaphorn made in his bedroom to help him not think so much about Emma?
6. How is Dr. Friedman-Bernal described as she makes her moonlit hike in the desert?
7. How did Leaphorn remember calls traveling when they used a Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
8. What does Chee do when he learns who the drunk was that caused a disturbance at the 7-Eleven?
9. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
10. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Brigham Houk and his problems.
Essay Topic 2
Leaphorn enjoys the rain in New York City and purchases the first umbrella he has ever owned. Discuss why the rain is so special to Leaphorn and why he has never owned an umbrella.
Essay Topic 3
Thatcher is assigned to serve a warrant to Dr. Friedman-Bernal. Discuss the accusations against Dr. Friedman-Bernal and what is learned during the course of the investigation.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)