|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are in Nakai's congregation on the fringe of the Checkerboard Reservation?
2. What did Chee send his girlfriend once?
3. When was Nelson's auction house founded?
4. How old is Bob Luna's son?
5. How many days does Leaphorn's "terminal leave" run?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chee do when he learns who the drunk was that caused a disturbance at the 7-Eleven?
2. When Leaphorn climbs a cliff, who is standing waiting for him?
3. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
4. While Houk is in the barn considering his fate, what does he realize he should have known?
5. What has Houk done during his life?
6. What does Amos Whistler say about the area where the pots came from that interest Friedman-Bernal?
7. What does Irene Musket say about Houk's trips in the kayak?
8. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
9. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
10. Why does Leaphorn believe that the backhoe case and Dr. Friedman-Bernal's case overlap?
Essay Topic 1
Leaphorn seems to be affected by his wife's death. Discuss the death of Leaphorn's wife and how it affects him.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why love is not enough to keep the Chee and Mary Landon together.
Essay Topic 3
It takes awhile, but Chee finally realizes that he is done with his relationship with Mary Landon. Discuss the signs that Chee is finished with his relationship with Mary Landon.
This section contains 1,294 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)