|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chee have a girlfriend?
2. When did Dr. Friedman-Bernal disappear?
3. Which sheriff did Bob Luna call regarding the disappearance of Dr. Friedman-Bernal?
4. To whom did the tire dealer sell the tires that matched the tracks left by a truck that hauled away the stolen backhoe?
5. Where does Bernie Tso say that the driver of the Plymouth works?
Short Essay Questions
1. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
2. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
3. How does Chee damage the car Janet Pete wants to buy?
4. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
5. Who does Chee believe died first, Nails or Etcitty, and why?
6. How did Leaphorn remember calls traveling when they used a Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
7. How did Dr. Friedman-Bernal make it appear that she was going to Farmington?
8. What is the tradition of the Dineh regarding the dead?
9. Why is it difficult to have secrets at Chaco?
10. Why does Leaphorn believe that the backhoe case and Dr. Friedman-Bernal's case overlap?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Leaphorn and Chee. Show how the two men are different, and how they are alike.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons why Leaphorn decides to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance.
Essay Topic 3
Leaphorn believes that the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap. Discuss why the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap.
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)