|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Bob Luna's son?
2. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
3. How many days does Leaphorn's "terminal leave" run?
4. Where is Maxie Davis working when Thatcher and Leaphorn go to Chaco?
5. Where does Pete's former boyfriend live now?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
2. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
3. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
4. Who saw the theft of a backhoe and why didn't they report it?
5. How does Mrs. Luna describe Elliott?
6. What poster hangs on the wall where Thatcher and Leaphorn are waiting at the Chaco visitors' center?
7. How did Dr. Friedman-Bernal make it appear that she was going to Farmington?
8. What changes has Leaphorn made in his bedroom to help him not think so much about Emma?
9. What does Leaphorn say about Chee and what is a hatathali?
10. Why does Leaphorn decide to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why love is not enough to keep the Chee and Mary Landon together.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Houk and the life he has led and how other characters view him.
Essay Topic 3
Leaphorn seems to be affected by his wife's death. Discuss the death of Leaphorn's wife and how it affects him.
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)