|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assigned to the stolen backhoe case after it is stolen during Chee's watch?
2. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
3. What is Leaphorn driving at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What is the most painful injury for Dr. Friedman-Bernal when she falls?
5. What did Chee send his girlfriend once?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lehman?
2. What does Thatcher say about Harrison Houk?
3. Who is Bo Arnold?
4. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
5. How does Mrs. Luna describe Elliott?
6. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
7. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
8. What does Chee want to do when he discovers all the bones near the dead men?
9. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
10. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see near a pool of water?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the author uses back stories to provide information about characters and to describe events that happened before the occurrences in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 7, Janet Pete learns about the damage to the car she wishes to buy, a moment Chee has been dreading. The Discuss Pete's reaction to the damage and who she blames for the damage.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss symbolism and how Pete and Chee use symbolism to talk about their broken relationships.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)