|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far would it be to drive from the outlier site at the eastern boundary of Chaco and Chaco Mesa if a road existed between the two places?
2. What is the name of the Luna's daughter?
3. What is Dr. Friedman-Bernal's ex-husband's first name?
4. What newspaper does Leaphorn read on Sunday morning?
5. When was Nelson's auction house founded?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chee damage the car Janet Pete wants to buy?
2. What changes has Leaphorn made in his bedroom to help him not think so much about Emma?
3. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
4. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
5. Who is Bo Arnold?
6. Why does Leaphorn decide to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance?
7. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
8. Who does Chee believe died first, Nails or Etcitty, and why?
9. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
10. Why does Leaphorn believe that the backhoe case and Dr. Friedman-Bernal's case overlap?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Leaphorn seems to be affected by his wife's death. Discuss the death of Leaphorn's wife and how it affects him.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the reasons why Leaphorn decides to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance.
Essay Topic 3
DuMont says that "One doesn't buy merely the object. One wants what goes with it. The history." Discuss what DuMont means that one buys the history of an object and how that relates to his desire to speak with Leaphorn.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)