|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are phone calls routed now that they don't use the Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
2. In Chapter 5, where does Chee have to deliver a witness to an FBI office?
3. How many Mormons settled the area where Thatcher and Leaphorn drive?
4. Where was Dr. Friedman-Bernal's ex-husband from?
5. Where does Leaphorn live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Leaphorn remember calls traveling when they used a Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
2. Who saw the theft of a backhoe and why didn't they report it?
3. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
4. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
5. How does Chee damage the car Janet Pete wants to buy?
6. What poster hangs on the wall where Thatcher and Leaphorn are waiting at the Chaco visitors' center?
7. How did Dr. Friedman-Bernal make it appear that she was going to Farmington?
8. What problems does Tso tell Pete that the car had before Chee wrecked it?
9. Who is Bo Arnold?
10. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Leaphorn and Chee. Show how the two men are different, and how they are alike.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Anasazi culture and how it related to the studies that Davis, Elliot, and Dr. Friedman-Bernal were doing at Chaco.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss symbolism and how Pete and Chee use symbolism to talk about their broken relationships.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)