|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Leaphorn's wife?
2. What type of vehicle does Nakai use to pull a trailer?
3. Where does Bernie Tso say that the driver of the Plymouth works?
4. In Chapter 5, where does Chee have to deliver a witness to an FBI office?
5. How old is Bob Luna's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thatcher say about Harrison Houk?
2. Why does Leaphorn decide to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance?
3. Who saw the theft of a backhoe and why didn't they report it?
4. Why does Chee believe that the person who was working in the area where Nails and Etcitty died knew what he was doing?
5. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
6. What does Chee want to do when he discovers all the bones near the dead men?
7. How does Mrs. Luna describe Elliott?
8. What poster hangs on the wall where Thatcher and Leaphorn are waiting at the Chaco visitors' center?
9. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see near a pool of water?
10. What does Chee do when he learns who the drunk was that caused a disturbance at the 7-Eleven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chee is assigned to watch the Navajo Tribal Motor Pool. Discuss the case, why it is assigned to Chee, and why the case is later assigned to Sergeant Benally.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Brigham Houk and his problems.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 5, Chee remembers an aphorism his uncle frequently told him, "When you're tired of walking up a long hill you think about how easy it's going to be walking down." Discuss the meaning of this aphorism and whether it came true for Chee.
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)