Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are in Nakai's congregation on the fringe of the Checkerboard Reservation?
2. What did Chee send his girlfriend once?
3. When was Nelson's auction house founded?
4. How old is Bob Luna's son?
5. How many days does Leaphorn's "terminal leave" run?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chee do when he learns who the drunk was that caused a disturbance at the 7-Eleven?
2. When Leaphorn climbs a cliff, who is standing waiting for him?
3. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
4. While Houk is in the barn considering his fate, what does he realize he should have known?
5. What has Houk done during his life?
6. What does Amos Whistler say about the area where the pots came from that interest Friedman-Bernal?
7. What does Irene Musket say about Houk's trips in the kayak?
8. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
9. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
10. Why does Leaphorn believe that the backhoe case and Dr. Friedman-Bernal's case overlap?
Leaphorn enjoys the rain in New York City and purchases the first umbrella he has ever owned. Discuss why the rain is so special to Leaphorn and why he has never owned an umbrella.
In Chapter 5, Chee remembers an aphorism his uncle frequently told him, "When you're tired of walking up a long hill you think about how easy it's going to be walking down." Discuss the meaning of this aphorism and whether it came true for Chee.
Chee is assigned to watch the Navajo Tribal Motor Pool. Discuss the case, why it is assigned to Chee, and why the case is later assigned to Sergeant Benally.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)