|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leaphorn live?
2. What type of vehicle does Nakai use to pull a trailer?
3. What mountains can be seen from the place where Nails and Etcitty were killed?
4. How long are the ceremonies that a hatathali performs?
5. In Chapter 5, where does Chee have to deliver a witness to an FBI office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tradition of the Dineh regarding the dead?
2. Where had Leaphorn seen the man who is playing the guitar at the revival meeting before?
3. What problems does Tso tell Pete that the car had before Chee wrecked it?
4. How did Dr. Friedman-Bernal make it appear that she was going to Farmington?
5. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
6. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
7. What poster hangs on the wall where Thatcher and Leaphorn are waiting at the Chaco visitors' center?
8. What changes has Leaphorn made in his bedroom to help him not think so much about Emma?
9. How does Mrs. Luna describe Elliott?
10. What does Chee do when he learns who the drunk was that caused a disturbance at the 7-Eleven?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons why Leaphorn decides to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance.
Essay Topic 2
Chee is assigned to watch the Navajo Tribal Motor Pool. Discuss the case, why it is assigned to Chee, and why the case is later assigned to Sergeant Benally.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Elliot and Davis.
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)