|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what Indian tribe is Reverend Tafoya from?
2. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
3. How many bullets did Dr. Friedman-Bernal bring with her?
4. How long ago was Leaphorn involved in a hunt for Houk's son?
5. What is Leaphorn driving at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Dr. Friedman-Bernal described as she makes her moonlit hike in the desert?
2. How did Dr. Friedman-Bernal make it appear that she was going to Farmington?
3. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
4. Who is Lehman?
5. Why did Rev. Tafoya become a Christian?
6. Who does Chee believe died first, Nails or Etcitty, and why?
7. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
8. What is the tradition of the Dineh regarding the dead?
9. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
10. Why does Leaphorn decide to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It takes awhile, but Chee finally realizes that he is done with his relationship with Mary Landon. Discuss the signs that Chee is finished with his relationship with Mary Landon.
Essay Topic 2
Thatcher is assigned to serve a warrant to Dr. Friedman-Bernal. Discuss the accusations against Dr. Friedman-Bernal and what is learned during the course of the investigation.
Essay Topic 3
Leaphorn believes that the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap. Discuss why the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)