|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the clan of Irene Musket's mother?
2. What is Leaphorn driving at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. Who is assigned to the stolen backhoe case after it is stolen during Chee's watch?
4. Where does Chee find the truck?
5. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal hear up in the canyon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
2. How did Dr. Friedman-Bernal make it appear that she was going to Farmington?
3. How is Dr. Friedman-Bernal described as she makes her moonlit hike in the desert?
4. Who does Chee believe died first, Nails or Etcitty, and why?
5. Who is Lehman?
6. Who is Bo Arnold?
7. Why does Chee believe that the person who was working in the area where Nails and Etcitty died knew what he was doing?
8. Why does Leaphorn decide to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance?
9. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
10. What does Chee want to do when he discovers all the bones near the dead men?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Houk and the life he has led and how other characters view him.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why love is not enough to keep the Chee and Mary Landon together.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Anasazi culture and how it related to the studies that Davis, Elliot, and Dr. Friedman-Bernal were doing at Chaco.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)