|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did the tire dealer sell the tires that matched the tracks left by a truck that hauled away the stolen backhoe?
2. Where is Maxie Davis working when Thatcher and Leaphorn go to Chaco?
3. Where do Leaphorn and Thatcher eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
4. What time does Leaphorn get home in Chapter 6?
5. From what Indian tribe is Reverend Tafoya from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tradition of the Dineh regarding the dead?
2. What does Leaphorn say about Chee and what is a hatathali?
3. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
4. What poster hangs on the wall where Thatcher and Leaphorn are waiting at the Chaco visitors' center?
5. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see near a pool of water?
6. Who does Chee believe died first, Nails or Etcitty, and why?
7. Why does Chee believe that the person who was working in the area where Nails and Etcitty died knew what he was doing?
8. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
9. What does Chee do when he learns who the drunk was that caused a disturbance at the 7-Eleven?
10. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss symbolism and how Pete and Chee use symbolism to talk about their broken relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Leaphorn enjoys the rain in New York City and purchases the first umbrella he has ever owned. Discuss why the rain is so special to Leaphorn and why he has never owned an umbrella.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)