|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see on the wall of pictographs that she believes is a Navajo pictograph?
3. What type of pistol does Dr. Friedman-Bernal carry?
4. How old was Etcitty when he died?
5. To whom did the tire dealer sell the tires that matched the tracks left by a truck that hauled away the stolen backhoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Luna describe Elliott?
2. What does Chee do when he learns who the drunk was that caused a disturbance at the 7-Eleven?
3. Why did Rev. Tafoya become a Christian?
4. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
5. What changes has Leaphorn made in his bedroom to help him not think so much about Emma?
6. What problems does Tso tell Pete that the car had before Chee wrecked it?
7. Why does Leaphorn believe that the backhoe case and Dr. Friedman-Bernal's case overlap?
8. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
9. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
10. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why love is not enough to keep the Chee and Mary Landon together.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Anasazi culture and how it related to the studies that Davis, Elliot, and Dr. Friedman-Bernal were doing at Chaco.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)