|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years did Chee's girlfriend teach school in the area?
2. Where was Dr. Friedman-Bernal's ex-husband from?
3. How old was Etcitty when he died?
4. What is Dr. Friedman-Bernal's religious background?
5. How many adults live in the isolated Chaco Park Service society?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Bo Arnold?
2. Who is Lehman?
3. What poster hangs on the wall where Thatcher and Leaphorn are waiting at the Chaco visitors' center?
4. How does Mrs. Luna describe Elliott?
5. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
6. What problems does Tso tell Pete that the car had before Chee wrecked it?
7. What is the tradition of the Dineh regarding the dead?
8. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
9. Why is it difficult to have secrets at Chaco?
10. How did Dr. Friedman-Bernal make it appear that she was going to Farmington?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chee is assigned to watch the Navajo Tribal Motor Pool. Discuss the case, why it is assigned to Chee, and why the case is later assigned to Sergeant Benally.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Elliot and Davis.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how the author uses back stories to provide information about characters and to describe events that happened before the occurrences in the novel.
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)