|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before the Spanish arrived did the Anasazi disappear?
2. From what Indian tribe is Reverend Tafoya from?
3. Where do Leaphorn and Thatcher eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, how far has Leaphorn driven?
5. About what time does Chee find the truck and missing backhoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Luna describe Elliott?
2. How does Chee damage the car Janet Pete wants to buy?
3. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see near a pool of water?
4. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
5. Where had Leaphorn seen the man who is playing the guitar at the revival meeting before?
6. Why is it difficult to have secrets at Chaco?
7. Who is Bo Arnold?
8. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
9. How did Leaphorn remember calls traveling when they used a Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
10. Why does Chee believe that the person who was working in the area where Nails and Etcitty died knew what he was doing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chee is assigned to watch the Navajo Tribal Motor Pool. Discuss the case, why it is assigned to Chee, and why the case is later assigned to Sergeant Benally.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Elliot and Davis.
Essay Topic 3
Leaphorn believes that the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap. Discuss why the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap.
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)