|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are in Nakai's congregation on the fringe of the Checkerboard Reservation?
2. What is the name of the Luna's daughter?
3. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see on the wall of pictographs that she believes is a Navajo pictograph?
4. What time is it when Chee finishes checking out the roads leading from the Star Lake Pump Station that Nails serviced while he worked for Wellserve, Inc.?
5. When did the Mormons settle the area where Thatcher and Leaphorn drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
2. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
3. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
4. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
5. What poster hangs on the wall where Thatcher and Leaphorn are waiting at the Chaco visitors' center?
6. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
7. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see near a pool of water?
8. When Leaphorn sees a snowy egret, what does he compare it to?
9. What is the last thing that Houk does before someone comes for him?
10. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the reasons why Leaphorn decides to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance.
Essay Topic 2
Leaphorn believes that the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap. Discuss why the case of the stolen backhoe and the missing person case overlap.
Essay Topic 3
Leaphorn seems to be affected by his wife's death. Discuss the death of Leaphorn's wife and how it affects him.
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)