|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before the Spanish arrived did the Anasazi disappear?
2. How many jaw bones does Chee find lined up in a row?
3. How many years did Chee's girlfriend teach school in the area?
4. How many days does Leaphorn's "terminal leave" run?
5. How far would it be to drive from the outlier site at the eastern boundary of Chaco and Chaco Mesa if a road existed between the two places?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Lehman?
2. Who is Bo Arnold?
3. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
4. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
5. How is Dr. Friedman-Bernal described as she makes her moonlit hike in the desert?
6. Why does Leaphorn decide to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance?
7. What does Chee want to do when he discovers all the bones near the dead men?
8. How does Chee damage the car Janet Pete wants to buy?
9. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see near a pool of water?
10. What poster hangs on the wall where Thatcher and Leaphorn are waiting at the Chaco visitors' center?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Brigham Houk and his problems.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why love is not enough to keep the Chee and Mary Landon together.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Houk and the life he has led and how other characters view him.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)