|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of a vehicle was following the truck loaded with the backhoe?
2. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see on the wall of pictographs that she believes is a Navajo pictograph?
3. What type of vehicle does Nakai use to pull a trailer?
4. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
5. What type of tire tracks are left by the truck that moved the stolen backhoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
2. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see near a pool of water?
3. What tracks does Leaphorn discover in the area where Friedman-Bernal left her kayak?
4. Why does Leaphorn decide to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance?
5. Why does Leaphorn believe that the backhoe case and Dr. Friedman-Bernal's case overlap?
6. What changes has Leaphorn made in his bedroom to help him not think so much about Emma?
7. How does Leaphorn travel home from New York?
8. Why does Detective McGee from the Utah State Police wish to speak with Leaphorn?
9. What does Amos Whistler say about the area where the pots came from that interest Friedman-Bernal?
10. Where does Houk consider hiding?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Elliot and Davis.
Essay Topic 2
Leaphorn seems to be affected by his wife's death. Discuss the death of Leaphorn's wife and how it affects him.
Essay Topic 3
DuMont says that "One doesn't buy merely the object. One wants what goes with it. The history." Discuss what DuMont means that one buys the history of an object and how that relates to his desire to speak with Leaphorn.
This section contains 1,303 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)