|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago was Leaphorn involved in a hunt for Houk's son?
2. What type of a vehicle was following the truck loaded with the backhoe?
3. What is the first person wearing that Chee finds dead?
4. Where are phone calls routed now that they don't use the Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
5. What newspaper does Leaphorn read on Sunday morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thatcher say about Harrison Houk?
2. How does Leaphorn persuade Marcy to tell him the name of the buyer who bought the pot Friedman-Bernal was interested in?
3. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
4. What did Leaphorn ask Irene Musket to do for him as he took out the kayak?
5. Why does Detective McGee from the Utah State Police wish to speak with Leaphorn?
6. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
7. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see near a pool of water?
8. What has Houk done during his life?
9. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
10. What does Chee want to do when he discovers all the bones near the dead men?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Elliot and Davis.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why love is not enough to keep the Chee and Mary Landon together.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Brigham Houk and his problems.
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)