|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many employees work for the Navajo Tribal Police?
2. What is Nakai singing when Leaphorn enters the revival tent?
3. How many Anasazi sites have been estimated to be on the Colorado Platau?
4. How old is Bob Luna's son?
5. How far would it be to drive from the outlier site at the eastern boundary of Chaco and Chaco Mesa if a road existed between the two places?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
2. What does Leaphorn say about Chee and what is a hatathali?
3. How does Mrs. Luna describe Elliott?
4. Why does Leaphorn believe that the backhoe case and Dr. Friedman-Bernal's case overlap?
5. How did Dr. Friedman-Bernal make it appear that she was going to Farmington?
6. How is Dr. Friedman-Bernal described as she makes her moonlit hike in the desert?
7. Why does Chee believe that the person who was working in the area where Nails and Etcitty died knew what he was doing?
8. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
9. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
10. Why did Rev. Tafoya become a Christian?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons why Leaphorn decides to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)