|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bo Arnold hide the key to his house?
2. Who is assigned to the stolen backhoe case after it is stolen during Chee's watch?
3. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. What car does Janet Pete drive that she wants to trade in on a different car?
5. Where did Chee have a girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irene Musket say about Houk's trips in the kayak?
2. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
3. Why does Leaphorn believe that the backhoe case and Dr. Friedman-Bernal's case overlap?
4. What does Leaphorn say about Chee and what is a hatathali?
5. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
6. What has Houk done during his life?
7. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
8. What tracks does Leaphorn discover in the area where Friedman-Bernal left her kayak?
9. What changes has Leaphorn made in his bedroom to help him not think so much about Emma?
10. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Brigham Houk and his problems.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, discuss suspense and how the author uses suspense in the novel.
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)