|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of candy wrapper does Leaphorn find in Houk's kayak?
(c) Mr. Goodbar.
(d) Milky Way.
2. What did DuMont pay for the Anasazi pot he purchased?
3. Off what road is Nakai's tent trailer parked?
(a) U.S. 24.
(b) U.S. 89.
(c) U.S. 50.
(d) U.S. 191.
4. To what Navajo god does Leaphorn compare some of the petroglyphs to that he sees?
(a) Evening Star.
(b) Talking God.
(d) Sun Bearer.
5. On what side of the river did Leaphorn pull the kayak onto a sandbar?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, where do Chee and Pete meet for lunch?
2. How far will Brigham and Leaphorn have to carry Friedman-Bernal from the canyon bottom to the river?
3. About how old is Arnold?
4. Who is more or less Leaphorn's boss?
5. What does Chee have for lunch when he and Pete have lunch together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Irene Musket say about Houk's trips in the kayak?
2. What lines the shelves on either side of a formal fireplace in DuMont's home?
3. How does Leaphorn travel home from New York?
4. When Leaphorn climbs a cliff, who is standing waiting for him?
5. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
6. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
7. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
8. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
9. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
10. How does Leaphorn persuade Marcy to tell him the name of the buyer who bought the pot Friedman-Bernal was interested in?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)