|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far away is the next live water from the hogan where Chee left Nakai?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
2. What does Chee have for lunch when he and Pete have lunch together?
(a) Ham sandwich.
(b) Hamburger and fries.
(c) Mutton stew and fry bread.
3. What is the name of the travel agency that Elliot uses?
4. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
(a) 7 or 8 hours.
(b) 3 or 4 hours.
(c) 5 or 6 hours.
(d) 1 or 2 hours.
5. What color are L. G. Marcy's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a commuter plane take Leaphorn after his New York trip?
2. When would Houk go down the river in his kayak?
3. To what Navajo god does Leaphorn compare some of the petroglyphs to that he sees?
4. What is the name of the FBI agent who contacts L. G. Marcy and introduces Leaphorn?
5. When Chee is trying to located Nakai, where is Chee driving when he hears the five o-clock news?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
2. What did Leaphorn ask Irene Musket to do for him as he took out the kayak?
3. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
4. When Leaphorn climbs a cliff, who is standing waiting for him?
5. What tracks does Leaphorn discover in the area where Friedman-Bernal left her kayak?
6. Why was Elliot turned down when he applied to excavate sites in San Juan County?
7. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
8. Where did Etcitty find the pot that DuMont purchased?
9. What petroglyphs does Leaphorn see on the cliffs after he leaves the kayak?
10. What lines the shelves on either side of a formal fireplace in DuMont's home?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)