|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After checking two possible landing points on the reservation side of the river and looking at the mouths of Butler Wash and Comb Creek, what bird does Leaphorn see?
(a) Snowy egret.
(b) Wattled crane.
(c) Snow goose.
2. How old is the girl who seems to be in charge of the Tsaya Chapter House?
(c) About 18.
(d) Early 20's.
3. What part of Friedman's body is broken?
4. What road does Chee drive to Farmington in Chapter 17?
(a) N.M. 24.
(b) N.M. 44.
(c) N.M. 33.
(d) N.M. 59.
5. What did Irene Musket leave in the refrigerator at Houk's place that she meant to take home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
2. Who is the weatherman on Channel 7 that Chee says is predicting a first blast of winter?
3. What does Chee eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. Where would Friedman-Bernal usually ask Arnold to pick her up if she was using his kayak?
5. Where does Leaphorn spend the afternoon after talking with March?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Leaphorn ask Irene Musket to do for him as he took out the kayak?
2. What does Detective McGee look like?
3. When Leaphorn sees a snowy egret, what does he compare it to?
4. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
5. What does Amos Whistler say about the area where the pots came from that interest Friedman-Bernal?
6. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
7. What lines the shelves on either side of a formal fireplace in DuMont's home?
8. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
9. What does Irene Musket say about Houk's trips in the kayak?
10. When Leaphorn climbs a cliff, who is standing waiting for him?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)