|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far up the canyon where Friedman-Bernal abandoned her kayak does Leaphorn find evidence of modern human occupancy?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) About 2 miles.
(d) About 4 miles.
2. How much of a difference does Chee find between the balance in his checkbook and the balance at the bank?
3. How much did pots sell for when Bates and Chee were kids?
4. What weapon does Brigham use to stop Elliot?
(a) Heavy stick.
(b) Bow and arrow.
(c) A rock.
5. How old was Brigham when he could climb a cliff that Houk wouldn't have tried with ropes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What simile does Houk use to compare how his mind worked when he was younger?
2. Who is more or less Leaphorn's boss?
3. Who had once written to Houk telling him "to make things right"?
4. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
5. Where does Houk keep a pistol?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
2. When Leaphorn climbs a cliff, who is standing waiting for him?
3. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
4. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
5. How does Leaphorn persuade Marcy to tell him the name of the buyer who bought the pot Friedman-Bernal was interested in?
6. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
7. What petroglyphs does Leaphorn see on the cliffs after he leaves the kayak?
8. Where did Etcitty find the pot that DuMont purchased?
9. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
10. Where does Arnold believe that Friedman-Bernal might have taken his kayak?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)