|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, where do Chee and Pete meet for lunch?
(a) Los Rios Cafe.
(b) Red Rock Cafe.
(c) Shingle Inn Cafe.
(d) Thunderbird Cafe.
2. Where did Friedman-Bernal hide the kayak?
(a) Under branches of tamarisks.
(b) Under a mequite tree.
(c) Under juniper branches.
(d) Under a desert willow.
3. Since when had Harrison Houk known he was smarter than most people?
(a) His 30's.
(b) When he was 20.
(c) His early teens.
(d) When he was a young child.
4. What does Chee eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. Where does Richard DuMont live?
(a) West 87th St.
(b) West 54th St.
(c) East 90th St.
(d) East 78th St.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what mountain range does Many Ruins Canyon begin?
2. About how old is Arnold?
3. Where does Leaphorn spend the afternoon after talking with March?
4. Where did a commuter plane take Leaphorn after his New York trip?
5. When would Houk go down the river in his kayak?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
2. Where does Arnold believe that Friedman-Bernal might have taken his kayak?
3. How does Leaphorn persuade Marcy to tell him the name of the buyer who bought the pot Friedman-Bernal was interested in?
4. What has Houk done during his life?
5. What lines the shelves on either side of a formal fireplace in DuMont's home?
6. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
7. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
8. Where does Houk consider hiding?
9. Why does Detective McGee from the Utah State Police wish to speak with Leaphorn?
10. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)