|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the girl who seems to be in charge of the Tsaya Chapter House?
(a) About 18.
(d) Early 20's.
2. What type of bushes are on both sides of the gate on Dr. Arnold's property?
3. Where does Leaphorn change planes on his way home from New York?
(c) St. Louis.
4. How far below the Bluff bridge, does Leaphorn allow the kayak drift into a sandbar?
(a) About 4 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) About 7 miles.
5. Which county sheriff's office identified Harrison Houk's body?
(a) Iron County.
(b) Kane County.
(c) Washington County.
(d) Garfield County.
Short Answer Questions
1. The hogan where Chee leaves Nakai is situated on a wash. Where does that wash drain?
2. When might Friedman-Bernal have licensed a pistol in Wisconsin?
3. When would Houk go down the river in his kayak?
4. Harrison quotes an aphorism in Chapter 11? In what area is that a common saying?
5. What did Irene Musket leave in the refrigerator at Houk's place that she meant to take home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tracks does Leaphorn discover in the area where Friedman-Bernal left her kayak?
2. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
3. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
4. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
5. Why does Detective McGee from the Utah State Police wish to speak with Leaphorn?
6. When Leaphorn sees a snowy egret, what does he compare it to?
7. Where did Etcitty find the pot that DuMont purchased?
8. What reason does Nakai give for leaving his tent trailer?
9. Why was Elliot turned down when he applied to excavate sites in San Juan County?
10. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)