|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did pots sell for when Bates and Chee were kids?
2. Harrison quotes an aphorism in Chapter 11? In what area is that a common saying?
(a) Western Arizona.
(b) Southern Colorado.
(c) Southern Utah.
(d) Northern New Mexico.
3. What type of bushes are on both sides of the gate on Dr. Arnold's property?
4. Where does Leaphorn spend the afternoon after talking with March?
(a) Museum of Modern Art.
(b) Guggenheim Museum.
(c) Natural History Museum.
(d) Metropolitan Museum.
5. What color are Brigham's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chee dream about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. What should Houk have linked together that he would have put together when he was younger?
3. To what Navajo god does Leaphorn compare some of the petroglyphs to that he sees?
4. Where does Leaphorn change planes on his way home from New York?
5. What color windbreaker does Detective McGree wear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amos Whistler say about the area where the pots came from that interest Friedman-Bernal?
2. What tracks does Leaphorn discover in the area where Friedman-Bernal left her kayak?
3. What does Detective McGee look like?
4. How does Leaphorn persuade Marcy to tell him the name of the buyer who bought the pot Friedman-Bernal was interested in?
5. How does Leaphorn travel home from New York?
6. Why was Elliot turned down when he applied to excavate sites in San Juan County?
7. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
8. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
9. What has Houk done during his life?
10. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)