|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times was Houk shot?
2. Where is Detective McGee having breakfast at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Greyhills Inn.
(b) Thunderbird Lodge.
(c) Navajo Nation Inn.
(d) Anasazi Inn.
3. What color are L. G. Marcy's eyes?
4. Where did Houk leave a note for Irene?
(b) Kitchen counter.
(c) Bulletin board.
(d) Screen door.
5. What color is the poncho that Leaphorn finds in the kayak Friedman-Bernal abandoned?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, where do Chee and Pete meet for lunch?
2. What weapon does Brigham use to stop Elliot?
3. Why does Houk have to use a cane?
4. Where does Richard DuMont live?
5. How much of a difference does Chee find between the balance in his checkbook and the balance at the bank?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Arnold believe that Friedman-Bernal might have taken his kayak?
2. When Leaphorn climbs a cliff, who is standing waiting for him?
3. What has Houk done during his life?
4. What does Amos Whistler say about the area where the pots came from that interest Friedman-Bernal?
5. What tracks does Leaphorn discover in the area where Friedman-Bernal left her kayak?
6. What is the last thing that Houk does before someone comes for him?
7. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
8. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
9. What lines the shelves on either side of a formal fireplace in DuMont's home?
10. How does Leaphorn travel home from New York?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)