|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chee eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. After checking two possible landing points on the reservation side of the river and looking at the mouths of Butler Wash and Comb Creek, what bird does Leaphorn see?
(a) Wattled crane.
(b) Snow goose.
(c) Snowy egret.
3. How many sacred mountains mark the borders of Dineh Bike'yah?
4. What color windbreaker does Detective McGree wear?
5. Where does Leaphorn spend the afternoon after talking with March?
(a) Natural History Museum.
(b) Guggenheim Museum.
(c) Museum of Modern Art.
(d) Metropolitan Museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a commuter plane take Leaphorn after his New York trip?
2. What mental problems did Brigham have?
3. How far will Brigham and Leaphorn have to carry Friedman-Bernal from the canyon bottom to the river?
4. What type of candy wrapper does Leaphorn find in Houk's kayak?
5. What road does Chee drive to Farmington in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Detective McGee from the Utah State Police wish to speak with Leaphorn?
2. Why was Elliot turned down when he applied to excavate sites in San Juan County?
3. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
4. What has Houk done during his life?
5. Where does Arnold believe that Friedman-Bernal might have taken his kayak?
6. What does Detective McGee look like?
7. What petroglyphs does Leaphorn see on the cliffs after he leaves the kayak?
8. When Leaphorn sees a snowy egret, what does he compare it to?
9. What is the last thing that Houk does before someone comes for him?
10. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)