|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harrison quotes an aphorism in Chapter 11? In what area is that a common saying?
(a) Southern Utah.
(b) Southern Colorado.
(c) Northern New Mexico.
(d) Western Arizona.
2. What color is the poncho that Leaphorn finds in the kayak Friedman-Bernal abandoned?
3. What simile is used to describe how terrified Brigham was when he was found in an old coyote den?
(a) Child reciting in class.
(c) Wild bird.
4. Where did elders from the Latter-day Saints come from to talk with Houk about his deals?
5. What does Chee dream about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Brigham when he could climb a cliff that Houk wouldn't have tried with ropes?
2. What part of Friedman's body is broken?
3. When would Houk go down the river in his kayak?
4. What is the name of the FBI agent who contacts L. G. Marcy and introduces Leaphorn?
5. What river does Leaphorn float down in Houk's kayak?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Elliot turned down when he applied to excavate sites in San Juan County?
2. While Houk is in the barn considering his fate, what does he realize he should have known?
3. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
4. When Leaphorn climbs a cliff, who is standing waiting for him?
5. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
6. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
7. How does Leaphorn persuade Marcy to tell him the name of the buyer who bought the pot Friedman-Bernal was interested in?
8. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
9. Where does Arnold believe that Friedman-Bernal might have taken his kayak?
10. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)