|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day did Irene Musket find Houk's body in the barn?
2. What type of bushes are on both sides of the gate on Dr. Arnold's property?
3. What magazine does Leaphorn browse through when Marcy leaves to get him some information?
(a) Architectural Digest.
(b) Time Magazine.
(c) The New Yorker.
(d) National Geographic.
4. What simile is used to describe how terrified Brigham was when he was found in an old coyote den?
(b) Wild bird.
(d) Child reciting in class.
5. After checking two possible landing points on the reservation side of the river and looking at the mouths of Butler Wash and Comb Creek, what bird does Leaphorn see?
(b) Snowy egret.
(c) Snow goose.
(d) Wattled crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the travel agency that Elliot uses?
2. Where does Houk keep a pistol?
3. What is another name for Watersprinkler Canyon?
4. When Chee finds Nakai, how many hours has he spent in his pickup that day?
5. To what Navajo god does Leaphorn compare some of the petroglyphs to that he sees?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)