|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Off what road is Nakai's tent trailer parked?
(a) U.S. 191.
(b) U.S. 89.
(c) U.S. 50.
(d) U.S. 24.
2. Where did elders from the Latter-day Saints come from to talk with Houk about his deals?
3. What color are L. G. Marcy's eyes?
4. How far below the Bluff bridge, does Leaphorn allow the kayak drift into a sandbar?
(a) About 4 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) About 7 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
5. About how old is Arnold?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Detective McGee having breakfast at the end of Chapter 14?
2. To what Navajo god does Leaphorn compare some of the petroglyphs to that he sees?
3. At what site is Randall Elliot working when Chee arrives at Chaco in Chapter 17?
4. How much of a difference does Chee find between the balance in his checkbook and the balance at the bank?
5. Where is Harrison Houk when he realizes that he had not been smart enough?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Amos Whistler say about the area where the pots came from that interest Friedman-Bernal?
2. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
3. What has Houk done during his life?
4. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
5. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
6. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
7. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
8. Where did Etcitty find the pot that DuMont purchased?
9. What petroglyphs does Leaphorn see on the cliffs after he leaves the kayak?
10. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)