|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had once written to Houk telling him "to make things right"?
(a) An elder.
(b) His mother.
(c) The bishop.
(d) His grandfather.
2. What is the name of the FBI agent who contacts L. G. Marcy and introduces Leaphorn?
3. At the end of Chapter 14, what direction does Leaphorn drive out of Window Rock?
4. Where is Detective McGee having breakfast at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Greyhills Inn.
(b) Anasazi Inn.
(c) Navajo Nation Inn.
(d) Thunderbird Lodge.
5. What is the tribe of Chee's grandfather?
(a) Mountain Cove Clan.
(b) Bitter Water Clan.
(c) Many Goats Clan.
(d) Waters Flow Together Clan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which county sheriff's office identified Harrison Houk's body?
2. At what site is Randall Elliot working when Chee arrives at Chaco in Chapter 17?
3. Where does Houk hide a note?
4. How old was Brigham when he was found in an old coyote den?
5. What is L. G. Marcy's job title?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Houk done during his life?
2. Where does Arnold believe that Friedman-Bernal might have taken his kayak?
3. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
4. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
5. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
6. Where did Etcitty find the pot that DuMont purchased?
7. What does Amos Whistler say about the area where the pots came from that interest Friedman-Bernal?
8. Why was Elliot turned down when he applied to excavate sites in San Juan County?
9. What is the last thing that Houk does before someone comes for him?
10. While Houk is in the barn considering his fate, what does he realize he should have known?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)