|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Brigham use to stop Elliot?
(a) Bow and arrow.
(c) Heavy stick.
(d) A rock.
2. Where does Leaphorn change planes on his way home from New York?
(c) St. Louis.
3. Where does Houk keep a pistol?
(a) Dresser drawer.
(b) In a bathroom cupboard.
(c) Under the mattress of his bed.
(d) Under the kitchen sink.
4. What type of bushes are on both sides of the gate on Dr. Arnold's property?
5. Off what road is Nakai's tent trailer parked?
(a) U.S. 89.
(b) U.S. 50.
(c) U.S. 24.
(d) U.S. 191.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chee find inside a sack in Elliot's apartment?
2. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
3. On what does Houk write a note before he dies?
4. What mental problems did Brigham have?
5. What does Dr. Arnold study?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
2. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
3. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
4. What petroglyphs does Leaphorn see on the cliffs after he leaves the kayak?
5. When Leaphorn sees a snowy egret, what does he compare it to?
6. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
7. Why was Elliot turned down when he applied to excavate sites in San Juan County?
8. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
9. While Houk is in the barn considering his fate, what does he realize he should have known?
10. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)