|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When would Houk go down the river in his kayak?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Every full moon.
(c) Every quarter moon.
(d) Every other month.
2. On what side of the river did Leaphorn pull the kayak onto a sandbar?
3. What color glaze do the pots have that Friedman-Bernal is looking for?
4. How far below the Bluff bridge, does Leaphorn allow the kayak drift into a sandbar?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) About 4 miles.
(d) About 7 miles.
5. Why does Houk have to use a cane?
(a) Arthritis in his hip.
(b) Bad knees.
(c) An old war wound.
(d) A broken leg that never healed properly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Brigham when he was found in an old coyote den?
2. How old was Brigham when he could climb a cliff that Houk wouldn't have tried with ropes?
3. What color are L. G. Marcy's eyes?
4. Who is the weatherman on Channel 7 that Chee says is predicting a first blast of winter?
5. Where would Friedman-Bernal usually ask Arnold to pick her up if she was using his kayak?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Leaphorn sees a snowy egret, what does he compare it to?
2. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
3. What would Pete do if she left to live with her boyfriend?
4. What does Detective McGee look like?
5. What did Leaphorn ask Irene Musket to do for him as he took out the kayak?
6. What does Amos Whistler say about the area where the pots came from that interest Friedman-Bernal?
7. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
8. Where did Etcitty find the pot that DuMont purchased?
9. What lines the shelves on either side of a formal fireplace in DuMont's home?
10. What reason does Nakai give for leaving his tent trailer?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)