|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are L. G. Marcy's eyes?
2. Since when had Harrison Houk known he was smarter than most people?
(a) His 30's.
(b) When he was a young child.
(c) When he was 20.
(d) His early teens.
3. When Chee is trying to located Nakai, where is Chee driving when he hears the five o-clock news?
(a) Bisti Badlands.
(b) Chinle Badlands.
(c) San Juan Basin Badlands.
(d) Blue Mesa Badlands.
4. How far will Brigham and Leaphorn have to carry Friedman-Bernal from the canyon bottom to the river?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 7 miles.
(c) 8 miles.
(d) 6 miles.
5. At what site is Randall Elliot working when Chee arrives at Chaco in Chapter 17?
(a) Kin Kletso.
(b) Pueblo Bonito.
(c) Pueblo Alto.
(d) Chaco Canyon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Irene Musket leave in the refrigerator at Houk's place that she meant to take home?
2. What day did Irene Musket find Houk's body in the barn?
3. Where would Friedman-Bernal usually ask Arnold to pick her up if she was using his kayak?
4. How many times was Houk shot?
5. Approximately how high do the cliffs of Many Ruins Canyon rise above a narrow, sandy bottom?
Short Essay Questions
1. While Houk is in the barn considering his fate, what does he realize he should have known?
2. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
3. Why was Elliot turned down when he applied to excavate sites in San Juan County?
4. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
5. What does Detective McGee look like?
6. What did Leaphorn ask Irene Musket to do for him as he took out the kayak?
7. Where does Houk consider hiding?
8. What has Houk done during his life?
9. Where does Arnold believe that Friedman-Bernal might have taken his kayak?
10. What does Irene Musket say about Houk's trips in the kayak?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)