|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is stacked in bales in the barn?
2. On what side of the river did Leaphorn pull the kayak onto a sandbar?
3. What weapon does Brigham use to stop Elliot?
(a) Bow and arrow.
(b) A rock.
(d) Heavy stick.
4. What did Irene Musket leave in the refrigerator at Houk's place that she meant to take home?
5. How far will Brigham and Leaphorn have to carry Friedman-Bernal from the canyon bottom to the river?
(a) 7 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 6 miles.
(d) 8 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Friedman-Bernal hide the kayak?
2. Which county sheriff's office identified Harrison Houk's body?
3. Where was Elliot to begin his air journey to Washington?
4. How many times was Houk shot?
5. What color is the poncho that Leaphorn finds in the kayak Friedman-Bernal abandoned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
2. What does Irene Musket say about Houk's trips in the kayak?
3. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
4. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
5. What is the last thing that Houk does before someone comes for him?
6. What petroglyphs does Leaphorn see on the cliffs after he leaves the kayak?
7. While Houk is in the barn considering his fate, what does he realize he should have known?
8. Why does Detective McGee from the Utah State Police wish to speak with Leaphorn?
9. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
10. How does Leaphorn persuade Marcy to tell him the name of the buyer who bought the pot Friedman-Bernal was interested in?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)