|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chee have for lunch when he and Pete have lunch together?
(a) Ham sandwich.
(b) Mutton stew and fry bread.
(c) Hamburger and fries.
2. What does Chee eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. In what mountain range does Many Ruins Canyon begin?
(a) Sleeping Ute Mountains.
(b) La Plata Mountains.
(c) Chuska Mountains.
(d) Abajo Mountains.
4. What is the name of the travel agency that Elliot uses?
5. How old is the girl who seems to be in charge of the Tsaya Chapter House?
(a) Early 20's.
(d) About 18.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is stacked in bales in the barn?
2. Harrison quotes an aphorism in Chapter 11? In what area is that a common saying?
3. Where does Houk keep a pistol?
4. What simile is used to describe how terrified Brigham was when he was found in an old coyote den?
5. What type of candy wrapper does Leaphorn find in Houk's kayak?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Etcitty find the pot that DuMont purchased?
2. What has Houk done during his life?
3. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
4. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
5. Why was Elliot turned down when he applied to excavate sites in San Juan County?
6. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
7. Where does Houk consider hiding?
8. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
9. Where does Pete's ex-boyfriend want her to go?
10. While Houk is in the barn considering his fate, what does he realize he should have known?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)