|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color blanket covers Friedman-Bernal when Leaphorn finds her?
2. Where did Friedman-Bernal hide the kayak?
(a) Under juniper branches.
(b) Under a desert willow.
(c) Under branches of tamarisks.
(d) Under a mequite tree.
3. On what does Houk write a note before he dies?
(a) An old business card.
(b) A scrap of paper off the floor.
(c) A piece of bark.
(d) A calendar page torn from the wall.
4. What color facial hair does the helicopter pilot have who flies Chee?
5. The hogan where Chee leaves Nakai is situated on a wash. Where does that wash drain?
(a) Echo Creek.
(b) Gothic Creek.
(c) Peeble Creek.
(d) Wolf Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. About how old is Arnold?
2. How old was Brigham when he could climb a cliff that Houk wouldn't have tried with ropes?
3. What mental problems did Brigham have?
4. Where does Richard DuMont live?
5. What is the name of the travel agency that Elliot uses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What memories does Houk have of the first fifty years of his life?
2. What did Leaphorn ask Irene Musket to do for him as he took out the kayak?
3. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
4. What does Leaphorn believe that Elliot will try to do as they carry Friedman-Bernal?
5. What did Elliot hope to study at Watersprinkler Canyon?
6. When Leaphorn sees a snowy egret, what does he compare it to?
7. What tracks does Leaphorn discover in the area where Friedman-Bernal left her kayak?
8. Where does Houk consider hiding?
9. What does Detective McGee look like?
10. Why does Leaphorn light a fire?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)