|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Dr. Friedman-Bernal's ex-husband from?
(a) Puerto Rico.
2. Where did Chee have a girlfriend?
(a) Twin Lakes.
3. How many degrees has Leaphorn moved his bed?
4. What type of tire tracks are left by the truck that moved the stolen backhoe?
(a) Michelin tire tracks.
(b) Firestone tire tracks.
(c) Dayton tire tracks.
(d) Goodyear tire tracks.
5. What newspaper does Leaphorn read on Sunday morning?
(a) Rio Rancho Observer.
(b) Gallup Independent.
(c) Albuquerque Journal.
(d) Arizona Republic News.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pete's former boyfriend live now?
2. Where do Leaphorn and Thatcher eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
3. What did Chee send his girlfriend once?
4. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. To whom did the tire dealer sell the tires that matched the tracks left by a truck that hauled away the stolen backhoe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
2. Why is it difficult to have secrets at Chaco?
3. What does Chee do when he learns who the drunk was that caused a disturbance at the 7-Eleven?
4. Why does Leaphorn believe that the backhoe case and Dr. Friedman-Bernal's case overlap?
5. What does Thatcher say about Harrison Houk?
6. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
7. How does Mrs. Luna describe Elliott?
8. Where had Leaphorn seen the man who is playing the guitar at the revival meeting before?
9. How does Chee damage the car Janet Pete wants to buy?
10. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)