|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Mormons settled the area where Thatcher and Leaphorn drive?
2. What newspaper does Leaphorn read on Sunday morning?
(a) Rio Rancho Observer.
(b) Arizona Republic News.
(c) Gallup Independent.
(d) Albuquerque Journal.
3. Where does Lehman teach?
(a) Arizona State.
(b) New Mexico State.
(c) University of Arizona.
(d) University of New Mexico.
4. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see on the wall of pictographs that she believes is a Navajo pictograph?
5. Where is Maxie Davis working when Thatcher and Leaphorn go to Chaco?
(a) Site BC57.
(b) Site BC129.
(c) Site BC213.
(d) Site BC73.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many bags were originally in a package of wastebasket liners found where the men were murdered?
2. What type of a vehicle was following the truck loaded with the backhoe?
3. How many jaw bones does Chee find lined up in a row?
4. About what time does Chee find the truck and missing backhoe?
5. Chee has to wait for Janet Pete to return before he can tell her about her car. Where is Janet Pete?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the tradition of the Dineh regarding the dead?
2. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
3. What does Chee do when he learns who the drunk was that caused a disturbance at the 7-Eleven?
4. Where had Leaphorn seen the man who is playing the guitar at the revival meeting before?
5. Who saw the theft of a backhoe and why didn't they report it?
6. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
7. Why does Chee believe that the person who was working in the area where Nails and Etcitty died knew what he was doing?
8. Who is Bo Arnold?
9. Who does Chee believe died first, Nails or Etcitty, and why?
10. Why is it difficult to have secrets at Chaco?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)