|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chee spend the afternoon hunting for a fellow who'd broken his brother-in-law's leg?
(b) La Plata.
(c) Teec Nos Pos.
(d) Flora Vista.
2. What color was the hat that Leaphorn found that belonged to Houk's son?
3. Where are phone calls routed now that they don't use the Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
(b) Sante Fe.
4. Where does Bernie Tso say that the driver of the Plymouth works?
(a) Rio Vista gas field.
(b) Blanco gas field.
(c) Umiat gas field.
(d) Midway gas field.
5. What is Leaphorn driving at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most painful injury for Dr. Friedman-Bernal when she falls?
2. What is the name of Leaphorn's clan?
3. From what Indian tribe is Reverend Tafoya from?
4. What is Dr. Friedman-Bernal's ex-husband's first name?
5. Where does Leaphorn live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Detective McGee from the Utah State Police wish to speak with Leaphorn?
2. Why won't L. G. Marcy tell Leaphorn who the buyer was of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal?
3. How did Dr. Friedman-Bernal make it appear that she was going to Farmington?
4. What does Detective McGee look like?
5. Who is Lehman?
6. Who saw the theft of a backhoe and why didn't they report it?
7. Why was Elliot turned down when he applied to excavate sites in San Juan County?
8. When Leaphorn climbs a cliff, who is standing waiting for him?
9. What reason does Nakai give for leaving his tent trailer?
10. What tracks does Leaphorn discover in the area where Friedman-Bernal left her kayak?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)