|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far is Chaco from the area where Dr. Friedman-Bernal is hiking?
(a) 250 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 150 miles.
2. How old was Etcitty when he died?
3. When was Nelson's auction house founded?
4. Where do Leaphorn and Thatcher eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Round Rock.
(c) Many Farms.
5. What car does Janet Pete drive that she wants to trade in on a different car?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Leaphorn's wife?
2. What does Leaphorn have for breakfast the morning after talking with Nakai?
3. How many bags were originally in a package of wastebasket liners found where the men were murdered?
4. How many adults live in the isolated Chaco Park Service society?
5. Where are phone calls routed now that they don't use the Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leaphorn decide to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance?
2. How did Dr. Friedman-Bernal make it appear that she was going to Farmington?
3. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
4. How does Chee damage the car Janet Pete wants to buy?
5. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
6. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
7. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
8. What does Chee want to do when he discovers all the bones near the dead men?
9. What does Thatcher say about Harrison Houk?
10. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)