|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the most painful injury for Dr. Friedman-Bernal when she falls?
2. How many adults live in the isolated Chaco Park Service society?
(a) A dozen.
(b) A half dozen.
3. What is Leaphorn driving at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. Who always said that Dr. Friedman-Bernal had hands like a dirt farmer?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
5. Where did Chee have a girlfriend?
(b) Twin Lakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of a vehicle was following the truck loaded with the backhoe?
2. From what direction does the wind blow during the night in Chapter 8?
3. Where is Maxie Davis working when Thatcher and Leaphorn go to Chaco?
4. In Chapter 4, how far is Nakai's revival tent from Leaphorn's home?
5. In Chapter 5, where does Chee have to deliver a witness to an FBI office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see near a pool of water?
2. Why does Leaphorn believe that the backhoe case and Dr. Friedman-Bernal's case overlap?
3. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
4. What changes has Leaphorn made in his bedroom to help him not think so much about Emma?
5. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
6. What does Chee do when he learns who the drunk was that caused a disturbance at the 7-Eleven?
7. Who does Chee believe died first, Nails or Etcitty, and why?
8. Who saw the theft of a backhoe and why didn't they report it?
9. What does Leaphorn say about Chee and what is a hatathali?
10. How does Mrs. Luna describe Elliott?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)