|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Davis and Elliott tell Leaphorn that Dr. Friedman-Bernal has discovered a certain potter and her work?
2. While Chee is spending time going back and forth to check the security at the motor pool, where does he go to deal with a disturbance?
(d) Town & Country Food Stores.
3. What did Pete's former boyfriend do for a living?
(a) Assistant law professor.
(b) Anthropology professor.
4. Where is Dr. Delbert Devanti from?
5. What newspaper does Leaphorn read on Sunday morning?
(a) Gallup Independent.
(b) Rio Rancho Observer.
(c) Albuquerque Journal.
(d) Arizona Republic News.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of a vehicle was following the truck loaded with the backhoe?
2. What is Leaphorn driving at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. How far do the Luna children ride the bus to school?
5. How far do anthropologists believe that the Old Ones carried the roof beams for the huge stone apartments that they built?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
2. How does Mrs. Luna describe Elliott?
3. Why is it difficult to have secrets at Chaco?
4. Why does Leaphorn decide to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance?
5. How did Dr. Friedman-Bernal make it appear that she was going to Farmington?
6. How is Dr. Friedman-Bernal described as she makes her moonlit hike in the desert?
7. Where had Leaphorn seen the man who is playing the guitar at the revival meeting before?
8. What changes has Leaphorn made in his bedroom to help him not think so much about Emma?
9. Why does Leaphorn believe that the backhoe case and Dr. Friedman-Bernal's case overlap?
10. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)