|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days does Leaphorn's "terminal leave" run?
2. What did Pete's former boyfriend do for a living?
(b) Assistant law professor.
(c) Anthropology professor.
3. What was the name of Leaphorn's wife?
4. What type of vehicle does Nakai use to pull a trailer?
(a) Chevy pickup.
(b) Cadillac sedan.
(c) Ford pickup.
(d) Dodge minivan.
5. From what Indian tribe is Reverend Tafoya from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see on the wall of pictographs that she believes is a Navajo pictograph?
2. How long ago was Leaphorn involved in a hunt for Houk's son?
3. How far do anthropologists believe that the Old Ones carried the roof beams for the huge stone apartments that they built?
4. In Chapter 4, how far is Nakai's revival tent from Leaphorn's home?
5. When did the Mormons settle the area where Thatcher and Leaphorn drive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see near a pool of water?
2. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
3. How did Dr. Friedman-Bernal make it appear that she was going to Farmington?
4. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
5. Who is Bo Arnold?
6. What does Chee want to do when he discovers all the bones near the dead men?
7. Who does Chee believe died first, Nails or Etcitty, and why?
8. Where had Leaphorn seen the man who is playing the guitar at the revival meeting before?
9. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
10. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)