|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Leaphorn's wife?
2. How many miles are on the odometer of the car that Janet Pete wishes to buy?
3. About what time does Chee find the truck and missing backhoe?
(a) Around 3 a.m.
(b) Near dawn.
(c) Around 1 a.m.
(d) After dusk.
4. What mountains can be seen from the place where Nails and Etcitty were killed?
(a) Chuska Mountains.
(b) Carrizo Mountains.
(c) Sleeping Ute Mountains.
(d) Abajo Mountains.
5. Where did Chee have a girlfriend?
(b) Twin Lakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first person wearing that Chee finds dead?
2. What type of vehicle does Nakai use to pull a trailer?
3. What is the date when Pete and Chee talk about their broken relationships?
4. How many people are in Nakai's congregation on the fringe of the Checkerboard Reservation?
5. How far would it be to drive from the outlier site at the eastern boundary of Chaco and Chaco Mesa if a road existed between the two places?
Short Essay Questions
1. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
2. Who saw the theft of a backhoe and why didn't they report it?
3. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
4. What does Leaphorn say about Chee and what is a hatathali?
5. How is Dr. Friedman-Bernal described as she makes her moonlit hike in the desert?
6. Describe Chee's sweat bath.
7. What does Chee do when he learns who the drunk was that caused a disturbance at the 7-Eleven?
8. What is the job of the contract archaeology team that Maxie Davis and Dr. Friedman-Bernal worked with?
9. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
10. What does Thatcher say about Harrison Houk?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)