|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Thatcher and Leaphorn arrive at Chaco, how many days has it been since Bob Luna reported that Eleanor Friedman-Bernal was missing?
(a) 15 days.
(b) 10 days.
(c) 12 days.
(d) 8 days.
2. Where is Dr. Delbert Devanti from?
3. Where do Leaphorn and Thatcher eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
(b) Round Rock.
(d) Many Farms.
4. What car does Janet Pete drive that she wants to trade in on a different car?
5. What does Leaphorn have for breakfast the morning after talking with Nakai?
(a) Pancakes and scrambled eggs.
(b) Dried cereal.
(c) Fruit and yogurt.
(d) Sausage and fried eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are in Nakai's congregation on the fringe of the Checkerboard Reservation?
2. What type of pistol does Dr. Friedman-Bernal carry?
3. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
4. How many degrees has Leaphorn moved his bed?
5. Where was Dr. Friedman-Bernal's ex-husband from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
2. What does Thatcher say about Harrison Houk?
3. Why does Leaphorn decide to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance?
4. What is the tradition of the Dineh regarding the dead?
5. Who is Bo Arnold?
6. What changes has Leaphorn made in his bedroom to help him not think so much about Emma?
7. Who saw the theft of a backhoe and why didn't they report it?
8. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
9. Where had Leaphorn seen the man who is playing the guitar at the revival meeting before?
10. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)