|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of vehicle does Nakai use to pull a trailer?
(a) Ford pickup.
(b) Dodge minivan.
(c) Cadillac sedan.
(d) Chevy pickup.
2. What melody is someone whistling when Dr. Friedman-Bernal sees a humped shape come toward her?
(a) Back in the U.S.S.R.
(b) Hey, Jude.
(c) Let it Be.
(d) All You Need is Love.
3. Where does Chee find the truck?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a cluster of mesquite.
(c) Under a rock overhang.
(d) In a cluster of juniper.
4. How far would it be to drive from the outlier site at the eastern boundary of Chaco and Chaco Mesa if a road existed between the two places?
(a) Less than 30 miles.
(b) 35 miles.
(c) Less than 25 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
5. To whom did the tire dealer sell the tires that matched the tracks left by a truck that hauled away the stolen backhoe?
(b) A farmer.
(c) A Navajo Indian.
(d) A Chaco park employee.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Thatcher and Leaphorn arrive at Chaco, how many days has it been since Bob Luna reported that Eleanor Friedman-Bernal was missing?
2. What is the fine for tampering with an odometer?
3. What does Leaphorn have for breakfast the morning after talking with Nakai?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, how far has Leaphorn driven?
5. What is Leaphorn driving at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
2. Where does Arnold believe that Friedman-Bernal might have taken his kayak?
3. How did Leaphorn remember calls traveling when they used a Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
4. How does Arnold know that Friedman-Bernal took his kayak?
5. What does Detective McGee look like?
6. What has been a major source of satisfaction for Harrison Houk for most of his life?
7. What does Chee do when he learns who the drunk was that caused a disturbance at the 7-Eleven?
8. Who does Chee believe died first, Nails or Etcitty, and why?
9. What does Chee learn when he calls the travel agency that Elliot uses?
10. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)