|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Dr. Friedman-Bernal's ex-husband from?
(b) Puerto Rico.
2. While Chee is spending time going back and forth to check the security at the motor pool, where does he go to deal with a disturbance?
(a) Town & Country Food Stores.
3. How long are the ceremonies that a hatathali performs?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 4 days.
4. How many years did Chee's girlfriend teach school in the area?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 6 years.
5. What melody is someone whistling when Dr. Friedman-Bernal sees a humped shape come toward her?
(a) Let it Be.
(b) Hey, Jude.
(c) Back in the U.S.S.R.
(d) All You Need is Love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sheriff did Bob Luna call regarding the disappearance of Dr. Friedman-Bernal?
2. What did Chee send his girlfriend once?
3. What is Leaphorn driving at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What type of pottery is found in the area where the two men were murdered?
5. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
2. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
3. How did Leaphorn remember calls traveling when they used a Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
4. What changes has Leaphorn made in his bedroom to help him not think so much about Emma?
5. Who does Chee believe died first, Nails or Etcitty, and why?
6. What does Leaphorn say about Chee and what is a hatathali?
7. Why is it difficult to have secrets at Chaco?
8. Why does Chee believe that the person who was working in the area where Nails and Etcitty died knew what he was doing?
9. Who is Lehman?
10. What does Chee want to do when he discovers all the bones near the dead men?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)