|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chee spend the afternoon hunting for a fellow who'd broken his brother-in-law's leg?
(a) Teec Nos Pos.
(b) La Plata.
(c) Flora Vista.
2. In Chapter 5, where does Chee have to deliver a witness to an FBI office?
(a) Pagosa Springs.
3. When did the Mormons settle the area where Thatcher and Leaphorn drive?
4. Where do Davis and Elliott tell Leaphorn that Dr. Friedman-Bernal has discovered a certain potter and her work?
5. In Chapter 4, how far is Nakai's revival tent from Leaphorn's home?
(a) 45 miles.
(b) About 75 miles.
(c) More than a 100 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Chee have a girlfriend?
2. How many Anasazi sites have been estimated to be on the Colorado Platau?
3. How long before the Spanish arrived did the Anasazi disappear?
4. What car does Janet Pete drive that she wants to trade in on a different car?
5. What melody is someone whistling when Dr. Friedman-Bernal sees a humped shape come toward her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Chee believe that the person who was working in the area where Nails and Etcitty died knew what he was doing?
2. How did Leaphorn remember calls traveling when they used a Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
3. Why is one section of the canyon called the baseball gallery?
4. What changes has Leaphorn made in his bedroom to help him not think so much about Emma?
5. Why does Leaphorn decide to investigate Dr. Friedman-Bernal's disappearance?
6. Why aren't Dr. Friedman-Bernal's hands a lady's hands?
7. What does Chee do when he learns who the drunk was that caused a disturbance at the 7-Eleven?
8. Where had Leaphorn seen the man who is playing the guitar at the revival meeting before?
9. Who is Bo Arnold?
10. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)