|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dr. Delbert Devanti from?
2. What is the clan of Irene Musket's mother?
(a) Mud Clan.
(b) Towering House People.
(c) Paiute Dineh.
(d) Blue Bird People.
3. What is the date when Pete and Chee talk about their broken relationships?
(a) November 1.
(b) October 29.
(c) November 2.
(d) October 31.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 2, how far has Leaphorn driven?
(a) 75 miles.
(b) 120 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
5. About what time does Chee find the truck and missing backhoe?
(a) Around 3 a.m.
(b) Around 1 a.m.
(c) After dusk.
(d) Near dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people are in Nakai's congregation on the fringe of the Checkerboard Reservation?
2. When was Nelson's auction house founded?
3. When Thatcher and Leaphorn arrive at Chaco, how many days has it been since Bob Luna reported that Eleanor Friedman-Bernal was missing?
4. What is the fine for tampering with an odometer?
5. What type of pottery is found in the area where the two men were murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Leaphorn remember calls traveling when they used a Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
2. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see near a pool of water?
3. How does Mrs. Luna describe Elliott?
4. What does Leaphorn say about Chee and what is a hatathali?
5. How did Leaphorn's wife, Emma die?
6. Where had Leaphorn seen the man who is playing the guitar at the revival meeting before?
7. What items do Davis and Elliott think are missing from Dr. Friedman-Bernal's apartment?
8. What does Thatcher say about Harrison Houk?
9. What problems does Tso tell Pete that the car had before Chee wrecked it?
10. Why does Leaphorn believe that the backhoe case and Dr. Friedman-Bernal's case overlap?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)