|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Elliot to begin his air journey to Washington?
2. What does Chee eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. Where does Leaphorn change planes on his way home from New York?
(a) St. Louis.
4. Who is more or less Leaphorn's boss?
(a) Major Philips.
(b) Corporal Billy.
(c) Major Nez.
(d) Corporal Wyatt.
5. What does Chee have for lunch when he and Pete have lunch together?
(b) Hamburger and fries.
(c) Mutton stew and fry bread.
(d) Ham sandwich.
6. Where did elders from the Latter-day Saints come from to talk with Houk about his deals?
7. Why does Houk have to use a cane?
(a) Bad knees.
(b) An old war wound.
(c) A broken leg that never healed properly.
(d) Arthritis in his hip.
8. What type of bushes are on both sides of the gate on Dr. Arnold's property?
9. What does Chee find inside a sack in Elliot's apartment?
(a) 4 human ulnas.
(b) 2 human skulls.
(c) 5 human tibias.
(d) 7 human mandibles.
10. What day did Irene Musket find Houk's body in the barn?
11. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
(a) 3 or 4 hours.
(b) 1 or 2 hours.
(c) 5 or 6 hours.
(d) 7 or 8 hours.
12. How old is the girl who seems to be in charge of the Tsaya Chapter House?
(a) Early 20's.
(d) About 18.
13. What road does Chee drive to Farmington in Chapter 17?
(a) N.M. 24.
(b) N.M. 59.
(c) N.M. 33.
(d) N.M. 44.
14. How far below the Bluff bridge, does Leaphorn allow the kayak drift into a sandbar?
(a) About 7 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) About 4 miles.
15. In Chapter 14, where do Chee and Pete meet for lunch?
(a) Thunderbird Cafe.
(b) Los Rios Cafe.
(c) Shingle Inn Cafe.
(d) Red Rock Cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since when had Harrison Houk known he was smarter than most people?
2. What is the name of the travel agency that Elliot uses?
3. What is the name of the state that the girl at the Tsaya Chapter House overheard Nakai mention?
4. What river does Leaphorn float down in Houk's kayak?
5. What should Houk have linked together that he would have put together when he was younger?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)