|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Friedman-Bernal usually ask Arnold to pick her up if she was using his kayak?
(b) Mexican Hat.
2. What color is the poncho that Leaphorn finds in the kayak Friedman-Bernal abandoned?
3. What part of Friedman's body is broken?
4. In which horse stall did Houk die?
5. What magazine does Leaphorn browse through when Marcy leaves to get him some information?
(a) National Geographic.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) Architectural Digest.
(d) Time Magazine.
6. Where does Richard DuMont live?
(a) West 87th St.
(b) East 78th St.
(c) West 54th St.
(d) East 90th St.
7. What color facial hair does the helicopter pilot have who flies Chee?
8. Where does Leaphorn change planes on his way home from New York?
(a) St. Louis.
9. How old was Brigham when he was found in an old coyote den?
10. Where did elders from the Latter-day Saints come from to talk with Houk about his deals?
11. Where is Harrison Houk when he realizes that he had not been smart enough?
(a) Working in the yard.
(b) Standing on the porch of his house.
(c) Standing against the wall of a horse stall.
(d) Sitting in his home office.
12. What simile is used to describe how terrified Brigham was when he was found in an old coyote den?
(b) Child reciting in class.
(d) Wild bird.
13. What color glaze do the pots have that Friedman-Bernal is looking for?
14. What weapon does Brigham use to stop Elliot?
(b) Bow and arrow.
(c) A rock.
(d) Heavy stick.
15. After checking two possible landing points on the reservation side of the river and looking at the mouths of Butler Wash and Comb Creek, what bird does Leaphorn see?
(a) Snow goose.
(b) Snowy egret.
(c) Wattled crane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far away is the next live water from the hogan where Chee left Nakai?
2. What is the name of the travel agency that Elliot uses?
3. When might Friedman-Bernal have licensed a pistol in Wisconsin?
4. When did an Anasazi family have two holes in the left mandible and the usual one in the right?
5. Who is the weatherman on Channel 7 that Chee says is predicting a first blast of winter?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)