|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of bushes are on both sides of the gate on Dr. Arnold's property?
2. What part of Friedman's body is broken?
3. How far below the Bluff bridge, does Leaphorn allow the kayak drift into a sandbar?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) About 7 miles.
(d) About 4 miles.
4. What day did Irene Musket find Houk's body in the barn?
5. Harrison quotes an aphorism in Chapter 11? In what area is that a common saying?
(a) Southern Utah.
(b) Southern Colorado.
(c) Northern New Mexico.
(d) Western Arizona.
6. When Chee is trying to located Nakai, where is Chee driving when he hears the five o-clock news?
(a) Bisti Badlands.
(b) Chinle Badlands.
(c) Blue Mesa Badlands.
(d) San Juan Basin Badlands.
7. What simile does Houk use to compare how his mind worked when he was younger?
(a) Race car.
8. What is the tribe of Chee's grandfather?
(a) Many Goats Clan.
(b) Waters Flow Together Clan.
(c) Mountain Cove Clan.
(d) Bitter Water Clan.
9. Where does Richard DuMont live?
(a) West 54th St.
(b) East 78th St.
(c) West 87th St.
(d) East 90th St.
10. At what site is Randall Elliot working when Chee arrives at Chaco in Chapter 17?
(a) Pueblo Alto.
(b) Kin Kletso.
(c) Pueblo Bonito.
(d) Chaco Canyon.
11. How far away is the next live water from the hogan where Chee left Nakai?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
12. In what mountain range does Many Ruins Canyon begin?
(a) Sleeping Ute Mountains.
(b) La Plata Mountains.
(c) Chuska Mountains.
(d) Abajo Mountains.
13. Where did elders from the Latter-day Saints come from to talk with Houk about his deals?
14. What color windbreaker does Detective McGree wear?
15. When Chee finds Nakai, how many hours has he spent in his pickup that day?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) About 12 hours.
(c) At least 10 hours.
(d) 15 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chee eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. What color glaze do the pots have that Friedman-Bernal is looking for?
3. Where did Friedman-Bernal hide the kayak?
4. Off what road is Nakai's tent trailer parked?
5. In which horse stall did Houk die?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)