|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which county sheriff's office identified Harrison Houk's body?
(a) Washington County.
(b) Kane County.
(c) Iron County.
(d) Garfield County.
2. What does Chee find inside a sack in Elliot's apartment?
(a) 7 human mandibles.
(b) 2 human skulls.
(c) 5 human tibias.
(d) 4 human ulnas.
3. What is stacked in bales in the barn?
4. Where did Friedman-Bernal hide the kayak?
(a) Under a desert willow.
(b) Under a mequite tree.
(c) Under branches of tamarisks.
(d) Under juniper branches.
5. How many miles is it from where Nakai left his car to the hogan where his brother lives?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 13 miles.
(c) 9 miles.
(d) 8 miles.
6. In which horse stall did Houk die?
7. When might Friedman-Bernal have licensed a pistol in Wisconsin?
(a) 1984 or 1985.
(b) 1985 or 1986.
(c) 1982 or 1983.
(d) 1979 or 1980.
8. At the end of Chapter 14, what direction does Leaphorn drive out of Window Rock?
9. What is the name of the state that the girl at the Tsaya Chapter House overheard Nakai mention?
(d) New Mexico.
10. When did an Anasazi family have two holes in the left mandible and the usual one in the right?
(a) 730 A.D.
(b) 815 A. D.
(c) 650 A.D.
(d) 540 A.D.
11. Where does Richard DuMont live?
(a) East 90th St.
(b) West 87th St.
(c) West 54th St.
(d) East 78th St.
12. How much did pots sell for when Bates and Chee were kids?
13. Where was Elliot to begin his air journey to Washington?
14. How old was Brigham when he could climb a cliff that Houk wouldn't have tried with ropes?
15. What simile does Houk use to compare how his mind worked when he was younger?
(d) Race car.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is the girl who seems to be in charge of the Tsaya Chapter House?
2. About how old is Arnold?
3. What color facial hair does the helicopter pilot have who flies Chee?
4. How far below the Bluff bridge, does Leaphorn allow the kayak drift into a sandbar?
5. Where does Leaphorn spend the afternoon after talking with March?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)