|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are Brigham's eyes?
2. When would Houk go down the river in his kayak?
(a) Every quarter moon.
(b) Every full moon.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every other month.
3. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
(a) 7 or 8 hours.
(b) 5 or 6 hours.
(c) 1 or 2 hours.
(d) 3 or 4 hours.
4. When might Friedman-Bernal have licensed a pistol in Wisconsin?
(a) 1979 or 1980.
(b) 1985 or 1986.
(c) 1984 or 1985.
(d) 1982 or 1983.
5. What color blanket covers Friedman-Bernal when Leaphorn finds her?
6. What river does Leaphorn float down in Houk's kayak?
(a) San Miguel River.
(b) Colorado River.
(c) Green River.
(d) San Juan.
7. What is another name for Watersprinkler Canyon?
(a) Chaco Canyon.
(b) Many Ruins Canyon.
(c) Dark Canyon.
(d) Grand Gulch Canyon.
8. When Chee finds Nakai, how many hours has he spent in his pickup that day?
(a) At least 10 hours.
(b) About 12 hours.
(c) 15 hours.
(d) 8 hours.
9. On what does Houk write a note before he dies?
(a) A piece of bark.
(b) A scrap of paper off the floor.
(c) A calendar page torn from the wall.
(d) An old business card.
10. What part of Friedman's body is broken?
11. Where was Elliot to begin his air journey to Washington?
12. In what mountain range does Many Ruins Canyon begin?
(a) La Plata Mountains.
(b) Abajo Mountains.
(c) Chuska Mountains.
(d) Sleeping Ute Mountains.
13. What did Irene Musket leave in the refrigerator at Houk's place that she meant to take home?
14. Where did a commuter plane take Leaphorn after his New York trip?
(a) Window Rock.
15. Who is more or less Leaphorn's boss?
(a) Corporal Wyatt.
(b) Major Philips.
(c) Major Nez.
(d) Corporal Billy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is L. G. Marcy's job title?
2. Harrison quotes an aphorism in Chapter 11? In what area is that a common saying?
3. Where does Pete say she might go to avoid the winter?
4. About how old is Arnold?
5. How many miles is it from where Nakai left his car to the hogan where his brother lives?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)