|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where would Friedman-Bernal usually ask Arnold to pick her up if she was using his kayak?
(a) Mexican Hat.
2. Where was Elliot to begin his air journey to Washington?
3. What does Chee eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. Who is more or less Leaphorn's boss?
(a) Corporal Wyatt.
(b) Corporal Billy.
(c) Major Nez.
(d) Major Philips.
5. What is stacked in bales in the barn?
6. Who had once written to Houk telling him "to make things right"?
(a) His mother.
(b) An elder.
(c) The bishop.
(d) His grandfather.
7. When Chee finds Nakai, how many hours has he spent in his pickup that day?
(a) About 12 hours.
(b) 15 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) At least 10 hours.
8. Where does Houk keep a pistol?
(a) In a bathroom cupboard.
(b) Under the kitchen sink.
(c) Under the mattress of his bed.
(d) Dresser drawer.
9. Approximately how high do the cliffs of Many Ruins Canyon rise above a narrow, sandy bottom?
(a) Almost 1,000 feet.
(b) 1,500 feet.
(c) 1,200 feet.
(d) Nearly 2,000 feet.
10. At what site is Randall Elliot working when Chee arrives at Chaco in Chapter 17?
(a) Pueblo Alto.
(b) Pueblo Bonito.
(c) Kin Kletso.
(d) Chaco Canyon.
11. On what side of the river did Leaphorn pull the kayak onto a sandbar?
12. What does Leaphorn read on the plane home from New York?
(a) Sports Illustrated.
(b) New Yorker.
(c) Readers' Digest.
(d) Wall Street Journal.
13. How many times was Houk shot?
14. What does Houk grab to defend himself when he believes someone is coming after him?
(a) Two by four.
(b) Crow bar.
15. About how old is Arnold?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
2. How long has Flight Contractors been renting helicopters to Elliot?
3. What should Houk have linked together that he would have put together when he was younger?
4. What color windbreaker does Detective McGree wear?
5. Why does Houk have to use a cane?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)