|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Houk hide a note?
(a) In his wallet.
(b) In his shorts.
(c) Under a loose board.
(d) In a back pocket.
2. At what site is Randall Elliot working when Chee arrives at Chaco in Chapter 17?
(a) Pueblo Bonito.
(b) Chaco Canyon.
(c) Kin Kletso.
(d) Pueblo Alto.
3. What did Irene Musket leave in the refrigerator at Houk's place that she meant to take home?
4. When might Friedman-Bernal have licensed a pistol in Wisconsin?
(a) 1982 or 1983.
(b) 1984 or 1985.
(c) 1979 or 1980.
(d) 1985 or 1986.
5. In which horse stall did Houk die?
6. In Chapter 14, where do Chee and Pete meet for lunch?
(a) Thunderbird Cafe.
(b) Los Rios Cafe.
(c) Shingle Inn Cafe.
(d) Red Rock Cafe.
7. What river does Leaphorn float down in Houk's kayak?
(a) Colorado River.
(b) Green River.
(c) San Miguel River.
(d) San Juan.
8. What does Chee dream about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
9. Where was Elliot to begin his air journey to Washington?
10. How far away is the next live water from the hogan where Chee left Nakai?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
11. What did DuMont pay for the Anasazi pot he purchased?
12. Where does Richard DuMont live?
(a) West 87th St.
(b) East 90th St.
(c) East 78th St.
(d) West 54th St.
13. Where did Friedman-Bernal hide the kayak?
(a) Under juniper branches.
(b) Under a desert willow.
(c) Under a mequite tree.
(d) Under branches of tamarisks.
14. How far will Brigham and Leaphorn have to carry Friedman-Bernal from the canyon bottom to the river?
(a) 8 miles.
(b) 6 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 7 miles.
15. What color are Brigham's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. After checking two possible landing points on the reservation side of the river and looking at the mouths of Butler Wash and Comb Creek, what bird does Leaphorn see?
2. Since when had Harrison Houk known he was smarter than most people?
3. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
4. What color glaze do the pots have that Friedman-Bernal is looking for?
5. Where does Pete say she might go to avoid the winter?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)