|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard DuMont live?
(a) East 78th St.
(b) East 90th St.
(c) West 87th St.
(d) West 54th St.
2. What part of Friedman's body is broken?
3. What is the name of the state that the girl at the Tsaya Chapter House overheard Nakai mention?
(a) New Mexico.
4. How many sacred mountains mark the borders of Dineh Bike'yah?
5. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
(a) 3 or 4 hours.
(b) 7 or 8 hours.
(c) 1 or 2 hours.
(d) 5 or 6 hours.
6. What is the tribe of Chee's grandfather?
(a) Many Goats Clan.
(b) Bitter Water Clan.
(c) Mountain Cove Clan.
(d) Waters Flow Together Clan.
7. Which county sheriff's office identified Harrison Houk's body?
(a) Kane County.
(b) Washington County.
(c) Garfield County.
(d) Iron County.
8. Where did Houk leave a note for Irene?
(a) Bulletin board.
(b) Kitchen counter.
(d) Screen door.
9. How much of a difference does Chee find between the balance in his checkbook and the balance at the bank?
10. Off what road is Nakai's tent trailer parked?
(a) U.S. 191.
(b) U.S. 89.
(c) U.S. 50.
(d) U.S. 24.
11. What color is the poncho that Leaphorn finds in the kayak Friedman-Bernal abandoned?
12. Where does Leaphorn spend the afternoon after talking with March?
(a) Guggenheim Museum.
(b) Natural History Museum.
(c) Museum of Modern Art.
(d) Metropolitan Museum.
13. What did Irene Musket leave in the refrigerator at Houk's place that she meant to take home?
14. What does Chee find inside a sack in Elliot's apartment?
(a) 5 human tibias.
(b) 2 human skulls.
(c) 4 human ulnas.
(d) 7 human mandibles.
15. On what side of the river did Leaphorn pull the kayak onto a sandbar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how high do the cliffs of Many Ruins Canyon rise above a narrow, sandy bottom?
2. How far away is the next live water from the hogan where Chee left Nakai?
3. Where did Friedman-Bernal hide the kayak?
4. Who does Brigham believe brought Friedman-Bernal to the area?
5. Where does Houk hide a note?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)