Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Irene Musket leave in the refrigerator at Houk's place that she meant to take home?
2. What is the name of the travel agency that Elliot uses?
3. How old is the girl who seems to be in charge of the Tsaya Chapter House?
(a) Early 20's.
(b) About 18.
4. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
(a) 3 or 4 hours.
(b) 5 or 6 hours.
(c) 7 or 8 hours.
(d) 1 or 2 hours.
5. Where did a commuter plane take Leaphorn after his New York trip?
(d) Window Rock.
6. Approximately how high do the cliffs of Many Ruins Canyon rise above a narrow, sandy bottom?
(a) 1,200 feet.
(b) 1,500 feet.
(c) Nearly 2,000 feet.
(d) Almost 1,000 feet.
7. What day did Irene Musket find Houk's body in the barn?
8. What does Houk grab to defend himself when he believes someone is coming after him?
(b) Two by four.
(c) Crow bar.
9. How many miles is it from where Nakai left his car to the hogan where his brother lives?
(a) 8 miles.
(b) 12 miles.
(c) 13 miles.
(d) 9 miles.
10. How far will Brigham and Leaphorn have to carry Friedman-Bernal from the canyon bottom to the river?
(a) 8 miles.
(b) 7 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 6 miles.
11. When Chee finds Nakai, how many hours has he spent in his pickup that day?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 15 hours.
(c) About 12 hours.
(d) At least 10 hours.
12. Harrison quotes an aphorism in Chapter 11? In what area is that a common saying?
(a) Western Arizona.
(b) Southern Colorado.
(c) Southern Utah.
(d) Northern New Mexico.
13. Where did elders from the Latter-day Saints come from to talk with Houk about his deals?
14. When would Houk go down the river in his kayak?
(a) Every full moon.
(b) Every quarter moon.
(c) Every other month.
(d) Once a month.
15. What type of candy wrapper does Leaphorn find in Houk's kayak?
(b) Milky Way.
(c) Mr. Goodbar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Friedman's body is broken?
2. After checking two possible landing points on the reservation side of the river and looking at the mouths of Butler Wash and Comb Creek, what bird does Leaphorn see?
3. Since when had Harrison Houk known he was smarter than most people?
4. Why does Houk have to use a cane?
5. What weapon does Brigham use to stop Elliot?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)