|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which horse stall did Houk die?
2. At what site is Randall Elliot working when Chee arrives at Chaco in Chapter 17?
(a) Pueblo Alto.
(b) Chaco Canyon.
(c) Pueblo Bonito.
(d) Kin Kletso.
3. Where did Houk leave a note for Irene?
(a) Bulletin board.
(c) Kitchen counter.
(d) Screen door.
4. What type of candy wrapper does Leaphorn find in Houk's kayak?
(a) Milky Way.
(c) Mr. Goodbar.
5. Since when had Harrison Houk known he was smarter than most people?
(a) When he was a young child.
(b) His 30's.
(c) His early teens.
(d) When he was 20.
6. When would Houk go down the river in his kayak?
(a) Every quarter moon.
(b) Every other month.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every full moon.
7. What is the tribe of Chee's grandfather?
(a) Bitter Water Clan.
(b) Mountain Cove Clan.
(c) Many Goats Clan.
(d) Waters Flow Together Clan.
8. What color facial hair does the helicopter pilot have who flies Chee?
9. How far away is the next live water from the hogan where Chee left Nakai?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 30 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
10. What is stacked in bales in the barn?
11. Approximately how high do the cliffs of Many Ruins Canyon rise above a narrow, sandy bottom?
(a) Nearly 2,000 feet.
(b) 1,500 feet.
(c) Almost 1,000 feet.
(d) 1,200 feet.
12. Where does Houk hide a note?
(a) Under a loose board.
(b) In a back pocket.
(c) In his wallet.
(d) In his shorts.
13. Who does Brigham believe brought Friedman-Bernal to the area?
(a) Angel Anapiel.
(b) Angel Gabriel.
(c) Angel Moroni.
(d) Angel Qaspiel.
14. What is the name of the state that the girl at the Tsaya Chapter House overheard Nakai mention?
(b) New Mexico.
15. Where did elders from the Latter-day Saints come from to talk with Houk about his deals?
Short Answer Questions
1. Off what road is Nakai's tent trailer parked?
2. Where did a commuter plane take Leaphorn after his New York trip?
3. What color is the poncho that Leaphorn finds in the kayak Friedman-Bernal abandoned?
4. How many times was Houk shot?
5. When did an Anasazi family have two holes in the left mandible and the usual one in the right?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)