|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what mountain range does Many Ruins Canyon begin?
(a) La Plata Mountains.
(b) Chuska Mountains.
(c) Sleeping Ute Mountains.
(d) Abajo Mountains.
2. Who had once written to Houk telling him "to make things right"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) An elder.
(d) The bishop.
3. What color are L. G. Marcy's eyes?
4. What is the name of the travel agency that Elliot uses?
5. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
(a) 5 or 6 hours.
(b) 3 or 4 hours.
(c) 1 or 2 hours.
(d) 7 or 8 hours.
6. What should Houk have linked together that he would have put together when he was younger?
(a) Disappearance of Friedman-Bernal.
(b) Killing of Etcitty.
(c) The significance of the pot that interested Friedman-Bernal.
(d) Killing of Nails.
7. Where is Detective McGee having breakfast at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Navajo Nation Inn.
(b) Thunderbird Lodge.
(c) Greyhills Inn.
(d) Anasazi Inn.
8. Where does Pete say she might go to avoid the winter?
9. What color glaze do the pots have that Friedman-Bernal is looking for?
10. About how old is Arnold?
11. How many sacred mountains mark the borders of Dineh Bike'yah?
12. At what site is Randall Elliot working when Chee arrives at Chaco in Chapter 17?
(a) Pueblo Bonito.
(b) Pueblo Alto.
(c) Kin Kletso.
(d) Chaco Canyon.
13. What color windbreaker does Detective McGree wear?
14. Who is more or less Leaphorn's boss?
(a) Major Philips.
(b) Major Nez.
(c) Corporal Wyatt.
(d) Corporal Billy.
15. When Chee is trying to located Nakai, where is Chee driving when he hears the five o-clock news?
(a) San Juan Basin Badlands.
(b) Chinle Badlands.
(c) Bisti Badlands.
(d) Blue Mesa Badlands.
Short Answer Questions
1. The hogan where Chee leaves Nakai is situated on a wash. Where does that wash drain?
2. What did Irene Musket leave in the refrigerator at Houk's place that she meant to take home?
3. How far up the canyon where Friedman-Bernal abandoned her kayak does Leaphorn find evidence of modern human occupancy?
4. Where was Elliot to begin his air journey to Washington?
5. Where would Friedman-Bernal usually ask Arnold to pick her up if she was using his kayak?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)