|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Houk keep a pistol?
(a) In a bathroom cupboard.
(b) Under the mattress of his bed.
(c) Under the kitchen sink.
(d) Dresser drawer.
2. How old is the girl who seems to be in charge of the Tsaya Chapter House?
(c) Early 20's.
(d) About 18.
3. What color glaze do the pots have that Friedman-Bernal is looking for?
4. What day did Irene Musket find Houk's body in the barn?
5. After checking two possible landing points on the reservation side of the river and looking at the mouths of Butler Wash and Comb Creek, what bird does Leaphorn see?
(a) Wattled crane.
(b) Snow goose.
(d) Snowy egret.
6. At the end of Chapter 14, what direction does Leaphorn drive out of Window Rock?
7. Where does Richard DuMont live?
(a) East 90th St.
(b) East 78th St.
(c) West 87th St.
(d) West 54th St.
8. What does Chee find inside a sack in Elliot's apartment?
(a) 2 human skulls.
(b) 7 human mandibles.
(c) 4 human ulnas.
(d) 5 human tibias.
9. Who does Brigham believe brought Friedman-Bernal to the area?
(a) Angel Anapiel.
(b) Angel Moroni.
(c) Angel Gabriel.
(d) Angel Qaspiel.
10. Where does Leaphorn change planes on his way home from New York?
(b) St. Louis.
11. Where does Houk hide a note?
(a) In his shorts.
(b) In a back pocket.
(c) In his wallet.
(d) Under a loose board.
12. What simile does Houk use to compare how his mind worked when he was younger?
(d) Race car.
13. What does Houk grab to defend himself when he believes someone is coming after him?
(c) Crow bar.
(d) Two by four.
14. How many times was Houk shot?
15. What is the name of the pilot who will fly Chee in a helicopter?
(a) Ed King.
(b) Pete Ziegler.
(c) Bob Downing.
(d) Andy Travis.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what Navajo god does Leaphorn compare some of the petroglyphs to that he sees?
2. When might Friedman-Bernal have licensed a pistol in Wisconsin?
3. Where does Pete say she might go to avoid the winter?
4. How old was Brigham when he could climb a cliff that Houk wouldn't have tried with ropes?
5. In Chapter 14, where do Chee and Pete meet for lunch?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)