|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Arnold study?
2. Who had once written to Houk telling him "to make things right"?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) The bishop.
(c) His mother.
(d) An elder.
3. When Chee finds Nakai, how many hours has he spent in his pickup that day?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) 15 hours.
(c) About 12 hours.
(d) At least 10 hours.
4. Which county sheriff's office identified Harrison Houk's body?
(a) Kane County.
(b) Iron County.
(c) Garfield County.
(d) Washington County.
5. What color glaze do the pots have that Friedman-Bernal is looking for?
6. Off what road is Nakai's tent trailer parked?
(a) U.S. 50.
(b) U.S. 191.
(c) U.S. 24.
(d) U.S. 89.
7. Where did Friedman-Bernal hide the kayak?
(a) Under a mequite tree.
(b) Under a desert willow.
(c) Under juniper branches.
(d) Under branches of tamarisks.
8. Where would Friedman-Bernal usually ask Arnold to pick her up if she was using his kayak?
(c) Mexican Hat.
9. How old was Brigham when he was found in an old coyote den?
10. What color are Brigham's eyes?
11. Approximately how high do the cliffs of Many Ruins Canyon rise above a narrow, sandy bottom?
(a) Almost 1,000 feet.
(b) Nearly 2,000 feet.
(c) 1,200 feet.
(d) 1,500 feet.
12. When Chee is trying to located Nakai, where is Chee driving when he hears the five o-clock news?
(a) Chinle Badlands.
(b) Bisti Badlands.
(c) San Juan Basin Badlands.
(d) Blue Mesa Badlands.
13. What is stacked in bales in the barn?
14. What magazine does Leaphorn browse through when Marcy leaves to get him some information?
(a) Time Magazine.
(b) The New Yorker.
(c) National Geographic.
(d) Architectural Digest.
15. At what site is Randall Elliot working when Chee arrives at Chaco in Chapter 17?
(a) Pueblo Bonito.
(b) Pueblo Alto.
(c) Chaco Canyon.
(d) Kin Kletso.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is L. G. Marcy's job title?
2. How far up the canyon where Friedman-Bernal abandoned her kayak does Leaphorn find evidence of modern human occupancy?
3. How much did pots sell for when Bates and Chee were kids?
4. What type of candy wrapper does Leaphorn find in Houk's kayak?
5. On what side of the river did Leaphorn pull the kayak onto a sandbar?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)