|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles is it from where Nakai left his car to the hogan where his brother lives?
(a) 13 miles.
(b) 12 miles.
(c) 9 miles.
(d) 8 miles.
2. Where is Harrison Houk when he realizes that he had not been smart enough?
(a) Working in the yard.
(b) Standing against the wall of a horse stall.
(c) Standing on the porch of his house.
(d) Sitting in his home office.
3. How many times was Houk shot?
4. What simile does Houk use to compare how his mind worked when he was younger?
(a) Race car.
5. How much did pots sell for when Bates and Chee were kids?
6. What does Chee dream about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
7. How far up the canyon where Friedman-Bernal abandoned her kayak does Leaphorn find evidence of modern human occupancy?
(a) About 4 miles.
(b) About 2 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 3 miles.
8. What does Dr. Arnold study?
9. What is stacked in bales in the barn?
10. Where does Houk keep a pistol?
(a) Dresser drawer.
(b) Under the mattress of his bed.
(c) Under the kitchen sink.
(d) In a bathroom cupboard.
11. What day did Irene Musket find Houk's body in the barn?
12. Where does Leaphorn change planes on his way home from New York?
(b) St. Louis.
13. What is the name of the state that the girl at the Tsaya Chapter House overheard Nakai mention?
(c) New Mexico.
14. How old was Brigham when he was found in an old coyote den?
15. Who had once written to Houk telling him "to make things right"?
(a) The bishop.
(b) His mother.
(c) An elder.
(d) His grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did a commuter plane take Leaphorn after his New York trip?
2. Where did elders from the Latter-day Saints come from to talk with Houk about his deals?
3. What color are Brigham's eyes?
4. What does Chee find inside a sack in Elliot's apartment?
5. At the end of Chapter 14, what direction does Leaphorn drive out of Window Rock?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)