|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color windbreaker does Detective McGree wear?
2. How old was Brigham when he could climb a cliff that Houk wouldn't have tried with ropes?
3. About how old is Arnold?
4. What does Chee eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. Where does Houk hide a note?
(a) Under a loose board.
(b) In his shorts.
(c) In a back pocket.
(d) In his wallet.
6. On what side of the river did Leaphorn pull the kayak onto a sandbar?
7. What river does Leaphorn float down in Houk's kayak?
(a) San Juan.
(b) Green River.
(c) Colorado River.
(d) San Miguel River.
8. How far up the canyon where Friedman-Bernal abandoned her kayak does Leaphorn find evidence of modern human occupancy?
(a) About 4 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) About 2 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
9. What did DuMont pay for the Anasazi pot he purchased?
10. How old is the girl who seems to be in charge of the Tsaya Chapter House?
(c) About 18.
(d) Early 20's.
11. What did Irene Musket leave in the refrigerator at Houk's place that she meant to take home?
12. What road does Chee drive to Farmington in Chapter 17?
(a) N.M. 44.
(b) N.M. 33.
(c) N.M. 59.
(d) N.M. 24.
13. What is the name of the FBI agent who contacts L. G. Marcy and introduces Leaphorn?
14. When Chee finds Nakai, how many hours has he spent in his pickup that day?
(a) 8 hours.
(b) About 12 hours.
(c) At least 10 hours.
(d) 15 hours.
15. What day did Irene Musket find Houk's body in the barn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Richard DuMont live?
2. Off what road is Nakai's tent trailer parked?
3. Who does Brigham believe brought Friedman-Bernal to the area?
4. After checking two possible landing points on the reservation side of the river and looking at the mouths of Butler Wash and Comb Creek, what bird does Leaphorn see?
5. How old was Brigham when he was found in an old coyote den?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)