|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which county sheriff's office identified Harrison Houk's body?
(a) Washington County.
(b) Kane County.
(c) Garfield County.
(d) Iron County.
2. What part of Friedman's body is broken?
3. What is the name of the FBI agent who contacts L. G. Marcy and introduces Leaphorn?
4. When Chee is trying to located Nakai, where is Chee driving when he hears the five o-clock news?
(a) San Juan Basin Badlands.
(b) Bisti Badlands.
(c) Blue Mesa Badlands.
(d) Chinle Badlands.
5. What color is the poncho that Leaphorn finds in the kayak Friedman-Bernal abandoned?
6. What is the name of the pilot who will fly Chee in a helicopter?
(a) Andy Travis.
(b) Ed King.
(c) Bob Downing.
(d) Pete Ziegler.
7. About how old is Arnold?
8. Harrison quotes an aphorism in Chapter 11? In what area is that a common saying?
(a) Southern Colorado.
(b) Southern Utah.
(c) Northern New Mexico.
(d) Western Arizona.
9. In Chapter 14, where do Chee and Pete meet for lunch?
(a) Los Rios Cafe.
(b) Red Rock Cafe.
(c) Thunderbird Cafe.
(d) Shingle Inn Cafe.
10. What road does Chee drive to Farmington in Chapter 17?
(a) N.M. 44.
(b) N.M. 59.
(c) N.M. 33.
(d) N.M. 24.
11. What simile is used to describe how terrified Brigham was when he was found in an old coyote den?
(b) Child reciting in class.
(c) Wild bird.
12. What type of candy wrapper does Leaphorn find in Houk's kayak?
(a) Milky Way.
(b) Mr. Goodbar.
13. At what site is Randall Elliot working when Chee arrives at Chaco in Chapter 17?
(a) Chaco Canyon.
(b) Kin Kletso.
(c) Pueblo Alto.
(d) Pueblo Bonito.
14. What color facial hair does the helicopter pilot have who flies Chee?
15. What is L. G. Marcy's job title?
(a) Assistant Director of Public Relations.
(b) Director of Public Affairs.
(c) Director of Public Relations.
(d) Assistant Director of Public Affairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what mountain range does Many Ruins Canyon begin?
2. At the end of Chapter 14, what direction does Leaphorn drive out of Window Rock?
3. Approximately how high do the cliffs of Many Ruins Canyon rise above a narrow, sandy bottom?
4. Since when had Harrison Houk known he was smarter than most people?
5. Who is more or less Leaphorn's boss?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)