|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chee dream about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. How many sacred mountains mark the borders of Dineh Bike'yah?
3. What does Chee eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. What is the name of the travel agency that Elliot uses?
5. Off what road is Nakai's tent trailer parked?
(a) U.S. 191.
(b) U.S. 89.
(c) U.S. 24.
(d) U.S. 50.
6. What mental problems did Brigham have?
(b) Delusional disorder.
7. What does Chee find inside a sack in Elliot's apartment?
(a) 2 human skulls.
(b) 5 human tibias.
(c) 4 human ulnas.
(d) 7 human mandibles.
8. Where does Houk hide a note?
(a) In a back pocket.
(b) In his wallet.
(c) Under a loose board.
(d) In his shorts.
9. Who is the weatherman on Channel 7 that Chee says is predicting a first blast of winter?
(a) Charles Knight.
(b) Howard Morgan.
(c) Brian Anderson.
(d) Rob Davis.
10. What color is the poncho that Leaphorn finds in the kayak Friedman-Bernal abandoned?
11. Which county sheriff's office identified Harrison Houk's body?
(a) Iron County.
(b) Garfield County.
(c) Washington County.
(d) Kane County.
12. What color glaze do the pots have that Friedman-Bernal is looking for?
13. Since when had Harrison Houk known he was smarter than most people?
(a) His early teens.
(b) His 30's.
(c) When he was 20.
(d) When he was a young child.
14. What does Chee have for lunch when he and Pete have lunch together?
(a) Mutton stew and fry bread.
(c) Hamburger and fries.
(d) Ham sandwich.
15. Where is Detective McGee having breakfast at the end of Chapter 14?
(a) Navajo Nation Inn.
(b) Anasazi Inn.
(c) Thunderbird Lodge.
(d) Greyhills Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what mountain range does Many Ruins Canyon begin?
2. At the end of Chapter 14, what direction does Leaphorn drive out of Window Rock?
3. When Chee is trying to located Nakai, where is Chee driving when he hears the five o-clock news?
4. What color blanket covers Friedman-Bernal when Leaphorn finds her?
5. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)