|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which horse stall did Houk die?
2. What weapon does Brigham use to stop Elliot?
(a) A rock.
(b) Bow and arrow.
(d) Heavy stick.
3. How long has Flight Contractors been renting helicopters to Elliot?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 4-5 years.
(d) 2-3 years.
4. In Chapter 14, where do Chee and Pete meet for lunch?
(a) Los Rios Cafe.
(b) Red Rock Cafe.
(c) Shingle Inn Cafe.
(d) Thunderbird Cafe.
5. What day did Irene Musket find Houk's body in the barn?
6. Which county sheriff's office identified Harrison Houk's body?
(a) Kane County.
(b) Washington County.
(c) Garfield County.
(d) Iron County.
7. Since when had Harrison Houk known he was smarter than most people?
(a) When he was 20.
(b) His early teens.
(c) When he was a young child.
(d) His 30's.
8. How many miles is it from where Nakai left his car to the hogan where his brother lives?
(a) 13 miles.
(b) 12 miles.
(c) 9 miles.
(d) 8 miles.
9. How old was Brigham when he could climb a cliff that Houk wouldn't have tried with ropes?
10. Where did elders from the Latter-day Saints come from to talk with Houk about his deals?
11. What mental problems did Brigham have?
(b) Delusional disorder.
12. What river does Leaphorn float down in Houk's kayak?
(a) San Miguel River.
(b) Colorado River.
(c) Green River.
(d) San Juan.
13. When did an Anasazi family have two holes in the left mandible and the usual one in the right?
(a) 540 A.D.
(b) 650 A.D.
(c) 730 A.D.
(d) 815 A. D.
14. What did Irene Musket leave in the refrigerator at Houk's place that she meant to take home?
15. What is the tribe of Chee's grandfather?
(a) Waters Flow Together Clan.
(b) Mountain Cove Clan.
(c) Bitter Water Clan.
(d) Many Goats Clan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bushes are on both sides of the gate on Dr. Arnold's property?
2. Who is the weatherman on Channel 7 that Chee says is predicting a first blast of winter?
3. Where does Houk keep a pistol?
4. What color are Brigham's eyes?
5. What type of candy wrapper does Leaphorn find in Houk's kayak?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)