|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did pots sell for when Bates and Chee were kids?
2. What does Chee dream about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. How old was Brigham when he could climb a cliff that Houk wouldn't have tried with ropes?
4. What is the name of the state that the girl at the Tsaya Chapter House overheard Nakai mention?
(c) New Mexico.
5. On what side of the river did Leaphorn pull the kayak onto a sandbar?
6. After checking two possible landing points on the reservation side of the river and looking at the mouths of Butler Wash and Comb Creek, what bird does Leaphorn see?
(a) Snow goose.
(b) Wattled crane.
(d) Snowy egret.
7. What type of candy wrapper does Leaphorn find in Houk's kayak?
(a) Mr. Goodbar.
(d) Milky Way.
8. How far will Brigham and Leaphorn have to carry Friedman-Bernal from the canyon bottom to the river?
(a) 8 miles.
(b) 6 miles.
(c) 7 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
9. What day did Irene Musket find Houk's body in the barn?
10. Approximately how high do the cliffs of Many Ruins Canyon rise above a narrow, sandy bottom?
(a) 1,500 feet.
(b) Nearly 2,000 feet.
(c) Almost 1,000 feet.
(d) 1,200 feet.
11. What type of bushes are on both sides of the gate on Dr. Arnold's property?
12. When would Houk go down the river in his kayak?
(a) Every full moon.
(b) Every other month.
(c) Every quarter moon.
(d) Once a month.
13. Where did elders from the Latter-day Saints come from to talk with Houk about his deals?
14. What does Chee find inside a sack in Elliot's apartment?
(a) 7 human mandibles.
(b) 5 human tibias.
(c) 4 human ulnas.
(d) 2 human skulls.
15. Where does Richard DuMont live?
(a) East 78th St.
(b) East 90th St.
(c) West 54th St.
(d) West 87th St.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sacred mountains mark the borders of Dineh Bike'yah?
2. When Chee is trying to located Nakai, where is Chee driving when he hears the five o-clock news?
3. Where is Harrison Houk when he realizes that he had not been smart enough?
4. Where does Leaphorn change planes on his way home from New York?
5. What magazine does Leaphorn browse through when Marcy leaves to get him some information?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)