|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far will Brigham and Leaphorn have to carry Friedman-Bernal from the canyon bottom to the river?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 8 miles.
(c) 6 miles.
(d) 7 miles.
2. What did DuMont pay for the Anasazi pot he purchased?
3. How many miles is it from where Nakai left his car to the hogan where his brother lives?
(a) 8 miles.
(b) 13 miles.
(c) 12 miles.
(d) 9 miles.
4. What part of Friedman's body is broken?
5. What does Chee dream about at the beginning of Chapter 17?
6. Off what road is Nakai's tent trailer parked?
(a) U.S. 191.
(b) U.S. 24.
(c) U.S. 89.
(d) U.S. 50.
7. What color windbreaker does Detective McGree wear?
8. How long does Leaphorn believe it will take to float Friedman-Bernal on the kayaks down to Mexican Hat?
(a) 7 or 8 hours.
(b) 5 or 6 hours.
(c) 1 or 2 hours.
(d) 3 or 4 hours.
9. What weapon does Brigham use to stop Elliot?
(a) Bow and arrow.
(c) Heavy stick.
(d) A rock.
10. When did an Anasazi family have two holes in the left mandible and the usual one in the right?
(a) 815 A. D.
(b) 730 A.D.
(c) 540 A.D.
(d) 650 A.D.
11. What simile does Houk use to compare how his mind worked when he was younger?
(c) Race car.
12. How much of a difference does Chee find between the balance in his checkbook and the balance at the bank?
13. Where would Friedman-Bernal usually ask Arnold to pick her up if she was using his kayak?
(c) Mexican Hat.
14. About how old is Arnold?
15. How many times was Houk shot?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 14, what direction does Leaphorn drive out of Window Rock?
2. How long has Flight Contractors been renting helicopters to Elliot?
3. What is the name of the FBI agent who contacts L. G. Marcy and introduces Leaphorn?
4. What does Leaphorn read on the plane home from New York?
5. What does Dr. Arnold study?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)