|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Friedman's body is broken?
2. Off what road is Nakai's tent trailer parked?
(a) U.S. 50.
(b) U.S. 191.
(c) U.S. 24.
(d) U.S. 89.
3. At the end of Chapter 14, what direction does Leaphorn drive out of Window Rock?
4. How long has Flight Contractors been renting helicopters to Elliot?
(a) 2-3 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 4-5 years.
(d) 1 year.
5. Where did a commuter plane take Leaphorn after his New York trip?
(b) Window Rock.
6. In which horse stall did Houk die?
7. Who had once written to Houk telling him "to make things right"?
(a) The bishop.
(b) His mother.
(c) An elder.
(d) His grandfather.
8. Which county sheriff's office identified Harrison Houk's body?
(a) Iron County.
(b) Garfield County.
(c) Washington County.
(d) Kane County.
9. What day did Irene Musket find Houk's body in the barn?
10. Where did Friedman-Bernal hide the kayak?
(a) Under a desert willow.
(b) Under branches of tamarisks.
(c) Under a mequite tree.
(d) Under juniper branches.
11. What color blanket covers Friedman-Bernal when Leaphorn finds her?
12. What color is the poncho that Leaphorn finds in the kayak Friedman-Bernal abandoned?
13. Where does Richard DuMont live?
(a) West 87th St.
(b) East 78th St.
(c) West 54th St.
(d) East 90th St.
14. When Chee is trying to located Nakai, where is Chee driving when he hears the five o-clock news?
(a) Blue Mesa Badlands.
(b) San Juan Basin Badlands.
(c) Bisti Badlands.
(d) Chinle Badlands.
15. Where is Harrison Houk when he realizes that he had not been smart enough?
(a) Standing against the wall of a horse stall.
(b) Sitting in his home office.
(c) Standing on the porch of his house.
(d) Working in the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far below the Bluff bridge, does Leaphorn allow the kayak drift into a sandbar?
2. What road does Chee drive to Farmington in Chapter 17?
3. What does Chee eat for breakfast at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. In Chapter 14, where do Chee and Pete meet for lunch?
5. Approximately how high do the cliffs of Many Ruins Canyon rise above a narrow, sandy bottom?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)