|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long are the ceremonies that a hatathali performs?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 10 days.
2. Where are phone calls routed now that they don't use the Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
(b) Sante Fe.
3. How many bags were originally in a package of wastebasket liners found where the men were murdered?
4. What is Nakai singing when Leaphorn enters the revival tent?
(a) Old Rugged Cross.
(b) Amazing Grace.
(c) Be Thou My Vision.
(d) Jesus Loves Us.
5. From what direction does the wind blow during the night in Chapter 8?
6. Where does Leaphorn live?
(c) Window Rock.
(d) Rock Springs.
7. How far is Chaco from the area where Dr. Friedman-Bernal is hiking?
(a) 300 miles.
(b) 150 miles.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 250 miles.
8. When was the last time that Nakai saw Dr. Friedman-Bernal?
(a) September 23.
(b) October 4.
(c) October 11.
(d) September 14.
9. What did Chee send his girlfriend once?
(a) A painting.
(b) A book.
(c) A dozen roses.
(d) A pregnant cat.
10. What did Chee study at New Mexico?
(d) Business Management.
11. About what time does Chee find the truck and missing backhoe?
(a) After dusk.
(b) Around 3 a.m.
(c) Around 1 a.m.
(d) Near dawn.
12. At the beginning of Chapter 2, how far has Leaphorn driven?
(a) 120 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 100 miles.
(d) 75 miles.
13. What color was the hat that Leaphorn found that belonged to Houk's son?
14. How long ago did Dr. Friedman-Bernal pitch a tent in the area where she is hiking?
(a) Fall, six years ago.
(b) Fall, three years ago.
(c) 4 summers ago.
(d) 5 summers ago.
15. How far do the Luna children ride the bus to school?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 80 miles.
(d) 35 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Dr. Friedman-Bernal tell everyone that she was going?
2. What is the first person wearing that Chee finds dead?
3. What is Chee wearing when he spots the Plymouth that was with the truck that took the backhoe?
4. What did Pete's former boyfriend do for a living?
5. What time does Leaphorn get home in Chapter 6?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)