|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Pete's former boyfriend do for a living?
(c) Assistant law professor.
(d) Anthropology professor.
2. What type of pottery is found in the area where the two men were murdered?
(b) Pueblo III.
(c) Tusayan Gray Ware.
(d) St. John's Polychrome.
3. Who is assigned to the stolen backhoe case after it is stolen during Chee's watch?
(a) Sergeant Tsosie.
(b) Captain Zah.
(c) Captain Largo.
(d) Sergeant Benally.
4. When did Dr. Friedman-Bernal disappear?
(a) October 21.
(b) October 7.
(c) October 13.
(d) October 1.
5. What type of a vehicle was following the truck loaded with the backhoe?
(a) Plymouth two-door sedan.
(b) Dodge four-door sedan.
(c) Chevy two-door sedan.
(d) Ford four-door sedan.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 2, how far has Leaphorn driven?
(a) 75 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 120 miles.
7. Where do Leaphorn and Thatcher eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Round Rock.
(b) Many Farms.
8. How many people are in Nakai's congregation on the fringe of the Checkerboard Reservation?
(a) Maybe 70 people.
(b) 35 people.
(c) Maybe 60 people.
(d) 85 people.
9. Where did Dr. Friedman-Bernal tell everyone that she was going?
10. How far would it be to drive from the outlier site at the eastern boundary of Chaco and Chaco Mesa if a road existed between the two places?
(a) 35 miles.
(b) Less than 30 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) Less than 25 miles.
11. How many bullets did Dr. Friedman-Bernal bring with her?
12. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see on the wall of pictographs that she believes is a Navajo pictograph?
13. What melody is someone whistling when Dr. Friedman-Bernal sees a humped shape come toward her?
(a) Back in the U.S.S.R.
(b) Hey, Jude.
(c) Let it Be.
(d) All You Need is Love.
14. What is the clan of Irene Musket's mother?
(a) Blue Bird People.
(b) Paiute Dineh.
(c) Mud Clan.
(d) Towering House People.
15. What is Leaphorn driving at the beginning of Chapter 4?
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. What car does Janet Pete drive that she wants to trade in on a different car?
3. While Chee is spending time going back and forth to check the security at the motor pool, where does he go to deal with a disturbance?
4. Who always said that Dr. Friedman-Bernal had hands like a dirt farmer?
5. What type of tire tracks are left by the truck that moved the stolen backhoe?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)