|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Mormons settled the area where Thatcher and Leaphorn drive?
2. What is Leaphorn driving at the beginning of Chapter 4?
3. How far is Chaco from the area where Dr. Friedman-Bernal is hiking?
(a) 150 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 250 miles.
(d) 300 miles.
4. What is the name of the Luna's daughter?
5. How far would it be to drive from the outlier site at the eastern boundary of Chaco and Chaco Mesa if a road existed between the two places?
(a) Less than 30 miles.
(b) Less than 25 miles.
(c) 35 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
6. While Chee is spending time going back and forth to check the security at the motor pool, where does he go to deal with a disturbance?
(b) Town & Country Food Stores.
7. What is the clan of Irene Musket's mother?
(a) Paiute Dineh.
(b) Towering House People.
(c) Blue Bird People.
(d) Mud Clan.
8. Where does Bernie Tso say that the driver of the Plymouth works?
(a) Midway gas field.
(b) Umiat gas field.
(c) Blanco gas field.
(d) Rio Vista gas field.
9. Where does Leaphorn live?
(a) Rock Springs.
(d) Window Rock.
10. What time is it when Chee finishes checking out the roads leading from the Star Lake Pump Station that Nails serviced while he worked for Wellserve, Inc.?
(a) 3 a.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
11. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
(a) University of New Mexico.
(b) University of Arizona.
(c) New Mexico State.
(d) Arizona State.
12. How long ago did Dr. Friedman-Bernal pitch a tent in the area where she is hiking?
(a) Fall, three years ago.
(b) 5 summers ago.
(c) Fall, six years ago.
(d) 4 summers ago.
13. How many jaw bones does Chee find lined up in a row?
14. How old was Etcitty when he died?
15. What was the name of Leaphorn's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far do anthropologists believe that the Old Ones carried the roof beams for the huge stone apartments that they built?
2. What is Dr. Friedman-Bernal's ex-husband's first name?
3. What newspaper does Leaphorn read on Sunday morning?
4. What is Dr. Friedman-Bernal's religious background?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 2, how far has Leaphorn driven?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)