|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dr. Friedman-Bernal's religious background?
2. What is the fine for tampering with an odometer?
3. To whom did the tire dealer sell the tires that matched the tracks left by a truck that hauled away the stolen backhoe?
(a) A Chaco park employee.
(b) A farmer.
(d) A Navajo Indian.
4. How long are the ceremonies that a hatathali performs?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 4 days.
5. Where does Pete's former boyfriend live now?
(b) New York City.
(c) Washington, D.C.
6. What type of a vehicle was following the truck loaded with the backhoe?
(a) Ford four-door sedan.
(b) Chevy two-door sedan.
(c) Dodge four-door sedan.
(d) Plymouth two-door sedan.
7. How many degrees has Leaphorn moved his bed?
8. Where was Dr. Friedman-Bernal's ex-husband from?
(c) Puerto Rico.
9. When was Nelson's auction house founded?
10. About what time does Chee find the truck and missing backhoe?
(a) Around 3 a.m.
(b) Near dawn.
(c) Around 1 a.m.
(d) After dusk.
11. How long ago was Leaphorn involved in a hunt for Houk's son?
(a) 10 years.
(b) Almost 30 years.
(c) Almost 20 years.
(d) 15 years.
12. How far is Chaco from the area where Dr. Friedman-Bernal is hiking?
(a) 150 miles.
(b) 250 miles.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 300 miles.
13. How far do anthropologists believe that the Old Ones carried the roof beams for the huge stone apartments that they built?
(a) 45 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
14. In Chapter 5, where does Chee have to deliver a witness to an FBI office?
(d) Pagosa Springs.
15. What type of car does Janet Pete wish to buy?
(a) Chrysler Cordoba.
(b) Buick Riviera.
(c) Chrysler New Yorker.
(d) Buick Regal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chee study at New Mexico?
2. What is the clan of Irene Musket's mother?
3. When did Dr. Friedman-Bernal disappear?
4. When was the last time that Nakai saw Dr. Friedman-Bernal?
5. What is the date when Pete and Chee talk about their broken relationships?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)