|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date when Pete and Chee talk about their broken relationships?
(a) October 29.
(b) November 1.
(c) November 2.
(d) October 31.
2. How long ago did Dr. Friedman-Bernal pitch a tent in the area where she is hiking?
(a) Fall, six years ago.
(b) 4 summers ago.
(c) 5 summers ago.
(d) Fall, three years ago.
3. How long before the Spanish arrived did the Anasazi disappear?
(a) 250 years.
(b) 400 years.
(c) 300 years.
(d) 500 years.
4. How long ago was Leaphorn involved in a hunt for Houk's son?
(a) Almost 20 years.
(b) Almost 30 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 15 years.
5. How old was Etcitty when he died?
6. What color was the hat that Leaphorn found that belonged to Houk's son?
7. When was the last time that Nakai saw Dr. Friedman-Bernal?
(a) October 11.
(b) September 14.
(c) October 4.
(d) September 23.
8. What is the first person wearing that Chee finds dead?
(a) Red T-shirt.
(b) Blue checked shirt.
(c) Yellow T-shirt.
(d) Brown plaid shirt.
9. What car does Janet Pete drive that she wants to trade in on a different car?
10. What time is it when Chee finishes checking out the roads leading from the Star Lake Pump Station that Nails serviced while he worked for Wellserve, Inc.?
(b) 11 p.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
11. What is Leaphorn driving at the beginning of Chapter 4?
12. Where did Chee have a girlfriend?
(d) Twin Lakes.
13. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal hear up in the canyon?
(b) Screech owl.
(d) Saw-whet owl.
14. What does Leaphorn have for breakfast the morning after talking with Nakai?
(a) Pancakes and scrambled eggs.
(b) Sausage and fried eggs.
(c) Fruit and yogurt.
(d) Dried cereal.
15. How many miles are on the odometer of the car that Janet Pete wishes to buy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Friedman-Bernal's religious background?
2. Who always said that Dr. Friedman-Bernal had hands like a dirt farmer?
3. What is the name of Leaphorn's clan?
4. Where are phone calls routed now that they don't use the Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
5. How many bags were originally in a package of wastebasket liners found where the men were murdered?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)