|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago was Leaphorn involved in a hunt for Houk's son?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) Almost 30 years.
(d) Almost 20 years.
2. What type of car does Janet Pete wish to buy?
(a) Chrysler Cordoba.
(b) Buick Riviera.
(c) Buick Regal.
(d) Chrysler New Yorker.
3. Where does Bo Arnold hide the key to his house?
(a) Under a rock.
(b) On a hook in an outbuilding.
(c) Under a loose step.
(d) Under a flower box.
4. Where did Leaphorn attend college?
(a) Arizona State.
(b) University of Arizona.
(c) New Mexico State.
(d) University of New Mexico.
5. How many days does Leaphorn's "terminal leave" run?
6. What melody is someone whistling when Dr. Friedman-Bernal sees a humped shape come toward her?
(a) Back in the U.S.S.R.
(b) Hey, Jude.
(c) Let it Be.
(d) All You Need is Love.
7. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see on the wall of pictographs that she believes is a Navajo pictograph?
8. What time does Leaphorn get home in Chapter 6?
(a) Near dawn.
(b) 3 a.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) Long after midnight.
9. What did Chee study at New Mexico?
(c) Business Management.
10. When Thatcher and Leaphorn arrive at Chaco, how many days has it been since Bob Luna reported that Eleanor Friedman-Bernal was missing?
(a) 12 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 10 days.
11. What color was the hat that Leaphorn found that belonged to Houk's son?
12. How far is Chaco from the area where Dr. Friedman-Bernal is hiking?
(a) 200 miles.
(b) 300 miles.
(c) 150 miles.
(d) 250 miles.
13. What is the fine for tampering with an odometer?
14. Where are phone calls routed now that they don't use the Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
(b) Sante Fe.
15. What did Chee send his girlfriend once?
(a) A dozen roses.
(b) A pregnant cat.
(c) A painting.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
2. How many adults live in the isolated Chaco Park Service society?
3. Where does Leaphorn live?
4. What type of tire tracks are left by the truck that moved the stolen backhoe?
5. What time is it when Chee finishes checking out the roads leading from the Star Lake Pump Station that Nails serviced while he worked for Wellserve, Inc.?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)