|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are phone calls routed now that they don't use the Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
(d) Sante Fe.
2. How far is Chaco from the area where Dr. Friedman-Bernal is hiking?
(a) 300 miles.
(b) 150 miles.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 250 miles.
3. How many miles are on the odometer of the car that Janet Pete wishes to buy?
4. What type of tire tracks are left by the truck that moved the stolen backhoe?
(a) Goodyear tire tracks.
(b) Firestone tire tracks.
(c) Michelin tire tracks.
(d) Dayton tire tracks.
5. Where did Chee's girlfriend go?
6. What is Nakai singing when Leaphorn enters the revival tent?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) Old Rugged Cross.
(c) Jesus Loves Us.
(d) Be Thou My Vision.
7. In Chapter 5, where does Chee have to deliver a witness to an FBI office?
(b) Pagosa Springs.
8. How long before the Spanish arrived did the Anasazi disappear?
(a) 300 years.
(b) 250 years.
(c) 500 years.
(d) 400 years.
9. Where is Maxie Davis working when Thatcher and Leaphorn go to Chaco?
(a) Site BC73.
(b) Site BC129.
(c) Site BC213.
(d) Site BC57.
10. When did Dr. Friedman-Bernal disappear?
(a) October 13.
(b) October 7.
(c) October 1.
(d) October 21.
11. How many bags were originally in a package of wastebasket liners found where the men were murdered?
12. What type of car does Janet Pete wish to buy?
(a) Buick Riviera.
(b) Chrysler Cordoba.
(c) Chrysler New Yorker.
(d) Buick Regal.
13. How long ago was Leaphorn involved in a hunt for Houk's son?
(a) Almost 20 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) Almost 30 years.
(d) 10 years.
14. What did Pete's former boyfriend do for a living?
(a) Anthropology professor.
(c) Assistant law professor.
15. Who is assigned to the stolen backhoe case after it is stolen during Chee's watch?
(a) Captain Zah.
(b) Captain Largo.
(c) Sergeant Tsosie.
(d) Sergeant Benally.
Short Answer Questions
1. What car does Janet Pete drive that she wants to trade in on a different car?
2. How long ago did Dr. Friedman-Bernal pitch a tent in the area where she is hiking?
3. How long are the ceremonies that a hatathali performs?
4. What is Dr. Friedman-Bernal's ex-husband's first name?
5. How many jaw bones does Chee find lined up in a row?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)