|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bo Arnold hide the key to his house?
(a) Under a rock.
(b) Under a loose step.
(c) Under a flower box.
(d) On a hook in an outbuilding.
2. What time is it when Dr. Friedman-Bernal stops to adjust her pack and checks the time?
(b) 10:11 changing to 10:12.
(d) 11.10 changing to 11:11.
3. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal hear up in the canyon?
(b) Saw-whet owl.
(c) Screech owl.
4. Where does Chee find the truck?
(a) In a cluster of mesquite.
(b) In a cave.
(c) In a cluster of juniper.
(d) Under a rock overhang.
5. What does Leaphorn have for breakfast the morning after talking with Nakai?
(a) Fruit and yogurt.
(b) Dried cereal.
(c) Pancakes and scrambled eggs.
(d) Sausage and fried eggs.
6. Who always said that Dr. Friedman-Bernal had hands like a dirt farmer?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
7. Where was Dr. Friedman-Bernal's ex-husband from?
(a) Puerto Rico.
8. What is the fine for tampering with an odometer?
9. How many people are in Nakai's congregation on the fringe of the Checkerboard Reservation?
(a) Maybe 60 people.
(b) 35 people.
(c) Maybe 70 people.
(d) 85 people.
10. What is Dr. Friedman-Bernal's religious background?
11. What type of pottery is found in the area where the two men were murdered?
(a) St. John's Polychrome.
(b) Tusayan Gray Ware.
(d) Pueblo III.
12. What is Dr. Friedman-Bernal's ex-husband's first name?
13. What color was the hat that Leaphorn found that belonged to Houk's son?
14. What type of tire tracks are left by the truck that moved the stolen backhoe?
(a) Michelin tire tracks.
(b) Firestone tire tracks.
(c) Goodyear tire tracks.
(d) Dayton tire tracks.
15. About what time does Chee find the truck and missing backhoe?
(a) Around 3 a.m.
(b) After dusk.
(c) Near dawn.
(d) Around 1 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date when Pete and Chee talk about their broken relationships?
2. Where are phone calls routed now that they don't use the Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
3. How far do anthropologists believe that the Old Ones carried the roof beams for the huge stone apartments that they built?
4. Chee has to wait for Janet Pete to return before he can tell her about her car. Where is Janet Pete?
5. What is Leaphorn driving at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)