|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Chee wearing when he spots the Plymouth that was with the truck that took the backhoe?
(a) Anheuser-Busch T-shirt.
(b) Coors T-shirt.
(c) Budweiser T-shirt.
(d) Miller T-shirt.
2. How many Anasazi sites have been estimated to be on the Colorado Platau?
(c) More than a hundred thousand.
(d) More than fifty thousand.
3. What time is it when Chee finishes checking out the roads leading from the Star Lake Pump Station that Nails serviced while he worked for Wellserve, Inc.?
(b) 3 a.m.
(d) 11 p.m.
4. What is Dr. Friedman-Bernal's religious background?
5. How many adults live in the isolated Chaco Park Service society?
(b) A half dozen.
(d) A dozen.
6. What is the name of Leaphorn's clan?
(a) Red Forehead.
(b) Big Deer People.
(d) Folded Arms People.
7. Where did Chee's girlfriend go?
8. What is the most painful injury for Dr. Friedman-Bernal when she falls?
9. How many degrees has Leaphorn moved his bed?
10. When was Nelson's auction house founded?
11. How far is Chaco from the area where Dr. Friedman-Bernal is hiking?
(a) 300 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 250 miles.
(d) 150 miles.
12. Where are phone calls routed now that they don't use the Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
(a) Sante Fe.
13. How long are the ceremonies that a hatathali performs?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 4 days.
(d) 10 days.
14. From what direction does the wind blow during the night in Chapter 8?
15. How far would it be to drive from the outlier site at the eastern boundary of Chaco and Chaco Mesa if a road existed between the two places?
(a) Less than 30 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 35 miles.
(d) Less than 25 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pete's former boyfriend live now?
2. Where does Bernie Tso say that the driver of the Plymouth works?
3. Where do Leaphorn and Thatcher eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
4. When did the Mormons settle the area where Thatcher and Leaphorn drive?
5. While Chee is spending time going back and forth to check the security at the motor pool, where does he go to deal with a disturbance?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)