|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did the tire dealer sell the tires that matched the tracks left by a truck that hauled away the stolen backhoe?
(a) A Navajo Indian.
(b) A farmer.
(d) A Chaco park employee.
2. What is the most painful injury for Dr. Friedman-Bernal when she falls?
3. What type of a vehicle was following the truck loaded with the backhoe?
(a) Chevy two-door sedan.
(b) Ford four-door sedan.
(c) Dodge four-door sedan.
(d) Plymouth two-door sedan.
4. What is the name of Leaphorn's clan?
(a) Big Deer People.
(c) Folded Arms People.
(d) Red Forehead.
5. When was Nelson's auction house founded?
6. When did Dr. Friedman-Bernal disappear?
(a) October 1.
(b) October 7.
(c) October 21.
(d) October 13.
7. What did Chee study at New Mexico?
(b) Business Management.
8. What is Nakai singing when Leaphorn enters the revival tent?
(a) Jesus Loves Us.
(b) Old Rugged Cross.
(c) Be Thou My Vision.
(d) Amazing Grace.
9. From what direction does the wind blow during the night in Chapter 8?
10. How many people are in Nakai's congregation on the fringe of the Checkerboard Reservation?
(a) 35 people.
(b) 85 people.
(c) Maybe 70 people.
(d) Maybe 60 people.
11. What is the date when Pete and Chee talk about their broken relationships?
(a) October 31.
(b) October 29.
(c) November 2.
(d) November 1.
12. How old is Bob Luna's son?
(a) About 11.
(d) About 13.
13. How far is Chaco from the area where Dr. Friedman-Bernal is hiking?
(a) 200 miles.
(b) 250 miles.
(c) 300 miles.
(d) 150 miles.
14. Where does Bernie Tso say that the driver of the Plymouth works?
(a) Umiat gas field.
(b) Rio Vista gas field.
(c) Midway gas field.
(d) Blanco gas field.
15. Where do Leaphorn and Thatcher eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Round Rock.
(b) Many Farms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Friedman-Bernal's religious background?
2. How far would it be to drive from the outlier site at the eastern boundary of Chaco and Chaco Mesa if a road existed between the two places?
3. Where does Leaphorn live?
4. How many Anasazi sites have been estimated to be on the Colorado Platau?
5. How long before the Spanish arrived did the Anasazi disappear?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)