|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years did Chee's girlfriend teach school in the area?
(a) 4 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. What type of a vehicle was following the truck loaded with the backhoe?
(a) Ford four-door sedan.
(b) Dodge four-door sedan.
(c) Chevy two-door sedan.
(d) Plymouth two-door sedan.
3. What type of pistol does Dr. Friedman-Bernal carry?
(a) .25 caliber automatic.
(b) Browning Buck Mark pistol.
(c) Beretta compact pistol.
(d) .45 calibar pistol.
4. When was the last time that Nakai saw Dr. Friedman-Bernal?
(a) October 11.
(b) September 23.
(c) September 14.
(d) October 4.
5. What is the name of the Luna's daughter?
6. In Chapter 4, how far is Nakai's revival tent from Leaphorn's home?
(a) 45 miles.
(b) About 75 miles.
(c) More than a 100 miles.
(d) 60 miles.
7. How many adults live in the isolated Chaco Park Service society?
(a) A half dozen.
(d) A dozen.
8. What does Leaphorn have for breakfast the morning after talking with Nakai?
(a) Dried cereal.
(b) Pancakes and scrambled eggs.
(c) Sausage and fried eggs.
(d) Fruit and yogurt.
9. Which sheriff did Bob Luna call regarding the disappearance of Dr. Friedman-Bernal?
(a) Rio Arriba County.
(b) McKinley County.
(c) San Juan County.
(d) Santa Ana County.
10. Who is assigned to the stolen backhoe case after it is stolen during Chee's watch?
(a) Sergeant Benally.
(b) Captain Zah.
(c) Sergeant Tsosie.
(d) Captain Largo.
11. What month is it at the beginning of Chapter 1?
12. While Chee is spending time going back and forth to check the security at the motor pool, where does he go to deal with a disturbance?
(c) Town & Country Food Stores.
13. Chee has to wait for Janet Pete to return before he can tell her about her car. Where is Janet Pete?
14. What did Pete's former boyfriend do for a living?
(b) Anthropology professor.
(d) Assistant law professor.
15. What newspaper does Leaphorn read on Sunday morning?
(a) Arizona Republic News.
(b) Albuquerque Journal.
(c) Rio Rancho Observer.
(d) Gallup Independent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was the hat that Leaphorn found that belonged to Houk's son?
2. What is Dr. Friedman-Bernal's ex-husband's first name?
3. What is the name of Leaphorn's clan?
4. What is the most painful injury for Dr. Friedman-Bernal when she falls?
5. How long ago was Leaphorn involved in a hunt for Houk's son?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)