|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what direction does the wind blow during the night in Chapter 8?
2. While Chee is spending time going back and forth to check the security at the motor pool, where does he go to deal with a disturbance?
(d) Town & Country Food Stores.
3. What type of vehicle does Nakai use to pull a trailer?
(a) Ford pickup.
(b) Chevy pickup.
(c) Cadillac sedan.
(d) Dodge minivan.
4. Where is Maxie Davis working when Thatcher and Leaphorn go to Chaco?
(a) Site BC73.
(b) Site BC129.
(c) Site BC57.
(d) Site BC213.
5. How many bags were originally in a package of wastebasket liners found where the men were murdered?
6. Where does Bernie Tso say that the driver of the Plymouth works?
(a) Midway gas field.
(b) Blanco gas field.
(c) Rio Vista gas field.
(d) Umiat gas field.
7. What is the clan of Irene Musket's mother?
(a) Paiute Dineh.
(b) Towering House People.
(c) Blue Bird People.
(d) Mud Clan.
8. Who is assigned to the stolen backhoe case after it is stolen during Chee's watch?
(a) Captain Zah.
(b) Captain Largo.
(c) Sergeant Benally.
(d) Sergeant Tsosie.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 2, how far has Leaphorn driven?
(a) 100 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 75 miles.
(d) 120 miles.
10. When Thatcher and Leaphorn arrive at Chaco, how many days has it been since Bob Luna reported that Eleanor Friedman-Bernal was missing?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 15 days.
(d) 12 days.
11. How far would it be to drive from the outlier site at the eastern boundary of Chaco and Chaco Mesa if a road existed between the two places?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) Less than 30 miles.
(c) 35 miles.
(d) Less than 25 miles.
12. Where is Dr. Delbert Devanti from?
13. Chee has to wait for Janet Pete to return before he can tell her about her car. Where is Janet Pete?
14. Where did Chee have a girlfriend?
(a) Twin Lakes.
15. What is Chee wearing when he spots the Plymouth that was with the truck that took the backhoe?
(a) Coors T-shirt.
(b) Anheuser-Busch T-shirt.
(c) Miller T-shirt.
(d) Budweiser T-shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are phone calls routed now that they don't use the Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
2. What time does Leaphorn get home in Chapter 6?
3. What is the fine for tampering with an odometer?
4. How long are the ceremonies that a hatathali performs?
5. What melody is someone whistling when Dr. Friedman-Bernal sees a humped shape come toward her?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)