|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Leaphorn driving at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What is Nakai singing when Leaphorn enters the revival tent?
(a) Old Rugged Cross.
(b) Jesus Loves Us.
(c) Amazing Grace.
(d) Be Thou My Vision.
3. What did Chee study at New Mexico?
(a) Business Management.
4. Where are phone calls routed now that they don't use the Navajo Communications Company telephone line?
(a) Sante Fe.
5. What is the fine for tampering with an odometer?
6. Where does Chee find the truck?
(a) In a cluster of mesquite.
(b) In a cluster of juniper.
(c) In a cave.
(d) Under a rock overhang.
7. What time does Leaphorn get home in Chapter 6?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) Long after midnight.
(c) Near dawn.
(d) 3 a.m.
8. Where does Chee spend the afternoon hunting for a fellow who'd broken his brother-in-law's leg?
(b) Flora Vista.
(c) Teec Nos Pos.
(d) La Plata.
9. Where does Leaphorn live?
(a) Window Rock.
(c) Rock Springs.
10. How far do anthropologists believe that the Old Ones carried the roof beams for the huge stone apartments that they built?
(a) 30 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 45 miles.
(d) 50 miles.
11. Where do Leaphorn and Thatcher eat breakfast in Chapter 8?
(a) Round Rock.
(c) Many Farms.
12. What does Dr. Friedman-Bernal see on the wall of pictographs that she believes is a Navajo pictograph?
13. Where does Bernie Tso say that the driver of the Plymouth works?
(a) Blanco gas field.
(b) Midway gas field.
(c) Rio Vista gas field.
(d) Umiat gas field.
14. What type of pistol does Dr. Friedman-Bernal carry?
(a) Browning Buck Mark pistol.
(b) .45 calibar pistol.
(c) Beretta compact pistol.
(d) .25 caliber automatic.
15. How far would it be to drive from the outlier site at the eastern boundary of Chaco and Chaco Mesa if a road existed between the two places?
(a) Less than 25 miles.
(b) Less than 30 miles.
(c) 35 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long before the Spanish arrived did the Anasazi disappear?
2. Where does Pete's former boyfriend live now?
3. How long are the ceremonies that a hatathali performs?
4. What melody is someone whistling when Dr. Friedman-Bernal sees a humped shape come toward her?
5. Where does Lehman teach?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)