|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Individual Versus Society.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rawls accept about his own theory?
(a) That it is quite socialist.
(b) That there is a certain amount of Intuitionism present in 'fairness'.
(c) That it might be hard to apply to the real world.
(d) That there is a degree of Marxism within it.
2. What defines a good society, according to Rawls?
(a) A strong society.
(b) A society that owns the most land.
(c) A just society.
(d) A wealthy society.
3. What do Intuitionist' believe in?
(a) That good and wrong are revealed by God to the select few.
(b) That good and wrong are illusions told by the rich.
(c) That good and wrong are innately known.
(d) That good and wrong are taught.
4. What does Rawls believe is the dominant theory of political philosophy throughout the 20th Century?
5. How does the ignorant chooser know what is fair and what is not, according to Rawls?
(a) Because God told them so.
(b) Because of an innate knowledge of fairness.
(c) Because they are taught what to believe.
(d) Because the monarch told them so.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the essential problem of Intuitionism?
2. What year was Adam Smith born?
3. What does Rawls think will have to be secured to keep the society a just one?
4. Why did Hobbes see the necessity of the Social Contract?
5. Where did the early Intuitionists believe they got their appreciation of morals, rights and wrongs or fairness?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)