|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Original Position.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for the Original Position?
(a) The Waiting Room Argument.
(b) The Brain in the Vat Argument.
(c) The Man in the Barrel Argument.
(d) The First Argument.
2. What is the Veil of Ignorance in Rawls' argument?
(a) A garment worn by politicians.
(b) A metaphor to describe different types of citizens.
(c) A metaphor for not being able to tell what kind of society one will later be in.
(d) A metaphor for a different type of belief.
3. Which century was Intuitionism first developed?
4. What does Rawls claim about the Social Contract theory?
(a) It is ridiculous.
(b) It is better than Utilitarian theory.
(c) It is the only philosophy that makes sense.
(d) It is better than Marxism.
5. What is the first virtue of social institution, according to Rawls?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the argument called the Original Position?
2. Who should hold the greatest advantage in Rawls’ ideal society?
3. What is the greatest criticism levelled against Utilitarianism?
4. Why did Hobbes see the necessity of the Social Contract?
5. What is John Stuart Mill's Theory of Higher Pleasures?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)