|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Social Contract.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the greatest criticism levelled against Utilitarianism?
(a) It's not realistic.
(b) That majority views are ignored.
(c) It is not strong enough.
(d) That minority views are ignored.
2. Where did the early Intuitionists believe they got their appreciation of morals, rights and wrongs or fairness?
(a) The king.
(d) Their parents.
3. What does the Individual lose from the Social Contract?
(a) The right to own property.
(b) The right to defend themselves.
(c) All their freedoms.
(d) Complete freedom.
4. Why did Hobbes see the necessity of the Social Contract?
(a) Because he thought people were stupid.
(b) Because he thought people were naturally brutish.
(c) Because he thought that was the law of nature.
(d) Because he thought it would help the British Empire.
5. What does the Individual gain out of the Social Contract?
(a) Protection and security.
(b) Military might.
(c) Power and glory.
(d) Money and wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of philosophy is this book concerned with?
2. How, according to Rawls, does justice help to assign rights and duties?
3. What is the first virtue of social institution, according to Rawls?
4. What is John Stuart Mill's Theory of Higher Pleasures?
5. What is the essential problem of Intuitionism?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)