Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even in their poverty, the ___________ of the United States had greater economic power strength than most countries of the world.
2. What was the name of Dr. King's wife, as told to readers in his autobiography of sorts?
3. Dr. King paid deep respects to the __________ who cherish democracy enough to join the battle for freedom.
4. Who had been the best ally of those who were trying to support Dr. King and his followers?
5. The desire to be ___________ is appropriate when placed in the proper setting, as when one wants to be first in moral greatness.
Essay Topic 1
Dr. King and Malcolm X had two completely different ways, it seems, to look at the way to fight for black rights.
Part 1: Why do you think Malcolm X doesn't agree with the way that Dr. King ran his movement?
Part 2: Do you think that Malcolm X has valid points in terms of pointing out the weaknesses of Dr. King's crusade?
Part 3: Who do you think has a better plan for civil rights? Malcolm X or Dr. King? Why?
Essay Topic 2
People, according to the Declaration of Independence, have a right to life, liberty, and to the pursuit of happiness.
Part 1: Do you think that this statement of the Declaration of Independence meant to include every single person? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think that the founders of the Declaration of Independence would support King's movement? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you agree that everyone should have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. King makes the point that nonviolence is not something for cowards.
Part 1: What do you think Dr. King means by this statement that nonviolence is not for cowards?
Part 2: Do you agree that nonviolence is not for cowards? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a coward could be a part of a nonviolent movement? Why or why not?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)