|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through love of others as humans as well as peaceful protest, Dr. King believed the __________ of hatred and discrimination could be worn away.
2. ___________ is positive and necessary as a call to develop political and economical goals.
3. ____________, Dr. King believed, would necessarily include an integration of power for all.
4. A rebirth of _____________ societies threatened to destroy both labor unions and the opportunity for African Americans to fully integrate.
5. When Dr. King spoke out against the war in Vietnam, saying "A time comes when ___________ is betrayal."
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dr. King feel it was an honor to be called, even though he didn't feel himself to be this way?
2. What did Dr. King think would happen in society as a result of integration, according to his last conversation?
3. What were Dr. King's main concerns about the Vietnam War when it was fought?
4. What did Dr. King feel that the African American people still needed in order to move forward?
5. What was an important part of African American financial and economic power at the time?
6. What is the basic human desire that every person has at some time and in some way?
7. What movement did Dr. King use as a comparison to the current Civil Rights movement society was facing?
8. What did Dr. King want his children to be judged based on, as opposed to the color of their skin?
9. Why was nonviolent action considered to be imperative to Dr. King at this point in time?
10. What did Dr. King feel the similarities between the Vietnam War and the Civil Rights movement were?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The right to vote was an important right to secure for the African American.
Part 1: Why do you think the right to vote was so important to secure?
Part 2: What do you think about your right to vote? Do you think about it at all?
Part 3: How do you think the country might be different if certain groups will still unable to vote because of race, gender, or religion?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. King brings up the idea that there are just laws and unjust laws which may or may not be obeyed.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of a just law? Why?
Part 2: How would you define the idea of an unjust law? Why?
Part 3: Do you think a person has the right to decide which laws are okay to follow and each are not? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. King discusses time and time again that winning over the opposition needs to happen with the weapon of love.
Part 1: Do you think love can ever be a weapon? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible for two opposing sides to love each other? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Dr. King believes that love will be the thing that helps the movement succeed?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)