Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even in their poverty, the ___________ of the United States had greater economic power strength than most countries of the world.
2. What was the name of Dr. King's wife, as told to readers in his autobiography of sorts?
3. Dr. King paid deep respects to the __________ who cherish democracy enough to join the battle for freedom.
4. Who had been the best ally of those who were trying to support Dr. King and his followers?
5. The desire to be ___________ is appropriate when placed in the proper setting, as when one wants to be first in moral greatness.
Essay Topic 1
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere," according to Dr. King in his letter from Birmingham City Jail.
Part 1: Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that injustice in one place can affect justice in other areas?
Part 3: How do you think justice can be preserved in society?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. King brings up the idea that there are just laws and unjust laws which may or may not be obeyed.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of a just law? Why?
Part 2: How would you define the idea of an unjust law? Why?
Part 3: Do you think a person has the right to decide which laws are okay to follow and each are not? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. King and Malcolm X had two completely different ways, it seems, to look at the way to fight for black rights.
Part 1: Why do you think Malcolm X doesn't agree with the way that Dr. King ran his movement?
Part 2: Do you think that Malcolm X has valid points in terms of pointing out the weaknesses of Dr. King's crusade?
Part 3: Who do you think has a better plan for civil rights? Malcolm X or Dr. King? Why?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)