|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The concern was not for those who killed the little girls, but for the __________ that shaped the murderers.
2. When Dr. King spoke out against the war in Vietnam, saying "A time comes when ___________ is betrayal."
3. The greatest tragedy of this battle for the integration of African Americans and whites was the denial of __________.
4. The Vietnam War, Dr. King believed, took away effort and money from the war on ___________.
5. Truly liberal leadership in the North needed to step forward being firmly committed to racial ___________.
Essay Topic 1
The right to vote was an important right to secure for the African American.
Part 1: Why do you think the right to vote was so important to secure?
Part 2: What do you think about your right to vote? Do you think about it at all?
Part 3: How do you think the country might be different if certain groups will still unable to vote because of race, gender, or religion?
Essay Topic 2
People, according to the Declaration of Independence, have a right to life, liberty, and to the pursuit of happiness.
Part 1: Do you think that this statement of the Declaration of Independence meant to include every single person? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think that the founders of the Declaration of Independence would support King's movement? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you agree that everyone should have a right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. King brings up the idea that there are just laws and unjust laws which may or may not be obeyed.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of a just law? Why?
Part 2: How would you define the idea of an unjust law? Why?
Part 3: Do you think a person has the right to decide which laws are okay to follow and each are not? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,616 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)