|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. King stated that the distance between promises and the implementation was _________ in the interview.
2. ____________, Dr. King believed, would necessarily include an integration of power for all.
3. Laws enacted without __________ provided changes and minimal reform with no real freedom - words are not supported by deeds.
4. The majority of the changes that occurred after the passing of the Civil Rights laws were an allowance of __________, but not equity.
5. Dr. King paid deep respects to the __________ who cherish democracy enough to join the battle for freedom.
Essay Topic 1
It is said that to be a realistic pacifist, those in the Church must fight against nuclear war and world annihilation.
Part 1: Do you think that all Christians are pacifists? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you consider yourself to be a pacifist? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's realistic to create a world in which no conflict occurs? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In today's world, new civil rights movements are springing up, most recently the civil rights movement for homosexuals.
Part 1: Do you think the civil rights movement that Dr. King helped support has been won? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think that civil rights movements can ever be 100% successful? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think the gay rights movement has used tactics that Dr. King did? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The right to vote was an important right to secure for the African American.
Part 1: Why do you think the right to vote was so important to secure?
Part 2: What do you think about your right to vote? Do you think about it at all?
Part 3: How do you think the country might be different if certain groups will still unable to vote because of race, gender, or religion?
This section contains 1,622 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)