|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. This horrible act of violence lead to a ___________ of the South and of the rest of the country.
2. Loss of _____________ of the recognition instinct leads to boasting, crime, overspending, and the desire to put others down.
3. Laws enacted without __________ provided changes and minimal reform with no real freedom - words are not supported by deeds.
4. Dr. King noted that somehow African Americans had slipped from _____ percent a man down to half a man.
5. Even in their poverty, the ___________ of the United States had greater economic power strength than most countries of the world.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It is said that to be a realistic pacifist, those in the Church must fight against nuclear war and world annihilation.
Part 1: Do you think that all Christians are pacifists? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you consider yourself to be a pacifist? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's realistic to create a world in which no conflict occurs? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The process of integration was not a smooth one, in fact it took some time and some struggle before it began to be widespread.
Part 1: Why do you think integration was such a difficult task?
Part 2: Do you think that integration is something people know about today? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think people were so resistant to having different races in the same schools?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. King brings up the idea that there are just laws and unjust laws which may or may not be obeyed.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of a just law? Why?
Part 2: How would you define the idea of an unjust law? Why?
Part 3: Do you think a person has the right to decide which laws are okay to follow and each are not? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,625 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)