Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even in their poverty, the ___________ of the United States had greater economic power strength than most countries of the world.
2. What was the name of Dr. King's wife, as told to readers in his autobiography of sorts?
3. Dr. King paid deep respects to the __________ who cherish democracy enough to join the battle for freedom.
4. Who had been the best ally of those who were trying to support Dr. King and his followers?
5. The desire to be ___________ is appropriate when placed in the proper setting, as when one wants to be first in moral greatness.
Essay Topic 1
The idea of fighting for a cause with nonviolent tools seems contradictory to some.
Part 1: Why do you think people believe nonviolence to be the best way to fight for a cause?
Part 2: How do you think violence affects a cause when it is used to carry out a message or action?
Part 3: Do you agree that nonviolence is the best way to create change in the world? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Groups like the Ku Klux Klan began to form in order to oppose the rights of African Americans.
Part 1: Why do you think hate groups spring up in society?
Part 2: Do you think that hate groups have as much a right to freedom of speech as anyone else? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think hate groups, like the KKK, should be handled?
Essay Topic 3
Dr. King discusses time and time again that winning over the opposition needs to happen with the weapon of love.
Part 1: Do you think love can ever be a weapon? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible for two opposing sides to love each other? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Dr. King believes that love will be the thing that helps the movement succeed?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)