Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even in their poverty, the ___________ of the United States had greater economic power strength than most countries of the world.
2. What was the name of Dr. King's wife, as told to readers in his autobiography of sorts?
3. Dr. King paid deep respects to the __________ who cherish democracy enough to join the battle for freedom.
4. Who had been the best ally of those who were trying to support Dr. King and his followers?
5. The desire to be ___________ is appropriate when placed in the proper setting, as when one wants to be first in moral greatness.
Dr. King makes the point that nonviolence is not something for cowards.
Part 1: What do you think Dr. King means by this statement that nonviolence is not for cowards?
Part 2: Do you agree that nonviolence is not for cowards? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think a coward could be a part of a nonviolent movement? Why or why not?
When a country goes to war, their resources are diverted to that cause, leaving many social programs without funding.
Part 1: Do you think it's fair to divert resources to war time expenses? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think there's a way to fund social programs and still go to war? Why or why not?
Part 3: Might it be possible that the Vietnam War was fought in order to take the heat off the Civil Rights Movement? Why or why not?
The government needs to be a part of the process in order to create social change, yet it seems to try to stay out of the way in many cases.
Part 1: What benefits will having a supportive government have on a social movement?
Part 2: Do you think that the government needs to be involved in order fro social change to happen? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the government tries to stay out of the way of social causes and movements?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)