|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black people who were stuck in _____________ needed to develop a power through organization and collaboration.
2. Nonviolent ___________ was planned to continue until a policy of one man, one vote, and one vote for every man existed.
3. Weak __________ is the cause of racial prejudice, according to Dr. King's observations of the world.
4. Malcolm X' s argument did not accept the action of a ________ that had resulted in change in the South.
5. One cannot be a victim of _______ and participate in a similar evil against others, Dr. King stated.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The idea of fighting for a cause with nonviolent tools seems contradictory to some.
Part 1: Why do you think people believe nonviolence to be the best way to fight for a cause?
Part 2: How do you think violence affects a cause when it is used to carry out a message or action?
Part 3: Do you agree that nonviolence is the best way to create change in the world? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. King brings up the idea that there are just laws and unjust laws which may or may not be obeyed.
Part 1: How would you define the idea of a just law? Why?
Part 2: How would you define the idea of an unjust law? Why?
Part 3: Do you think a person has the right to decide which laws are okay to follow and each are not? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The government needs to be a part of the process in order to create social change, yet it seems to try to stay out of the way in many cases.
Part 1: What benefits will having a supportive government have on a social movement?
Part 2: Do you think that the government needs to be involved in order fro social change to happen? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the government tries to stay out of the way of social causes and movements?
This section contains 1,624 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)