|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The last conversation with Dr. King was held just ________ days before his assassination.
2. One extreme of the movement was to use Black Power to overthrow the ________________ and the whites.
3. ____________ resulted from indifference of the southern racists and the continued exploitation of segregation.
4. Dr. King believed there was a _________ need to overcome violence without using aggression and domination.
5. Dr. King argued that __________ had not given sufficient leadership or attention to the dilemma of racial injustice.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basic human desire that every person has at some time and in some way?
2. What did Dr. King feel about the impact of nonviolence on white supremacists, though Malcolm X did not necessarily agree?
3. What did Dr. King feel the similarities between the Vietnam War and the Civil Rights movement were?
4. What were the weapons used during the conflict against the brutality of Bull Connor?
5. What was an important part of African American financial and economic power at the time?
6. How did the Vietnam War hurt African American men more, according to the thoughts of Dr. King?
7. What did Dr. King feel would help an African American be lifted to the same level as the rest of America?
8. What did Dr. King feel about the current state of the Civil Rights movement during the interview on Meet the Press?
9. Who did Dr. King think that the four murdered girls spoke to in their deaths?
10. What movement did Dr. King use as a comparison to the current Civil Rights movement society was facing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The right to vote was an important right to secure for the African American.
Part 1: Why do you think the right to vote was so important to secure?
Part 2: What do you think about your right to vote? Do you think about it at all?
Part 3: How do you think the country might be different if certain groups will still unable to vote because of race, gender, or religion?
Essay Topic 2
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere," according to Dr. King in his letter from Birmingham City Jail.
Part 1: Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think that injustice in one place can affect justice in other areas?
Part 3: How do you think justice can be preserved in society?
Essay Topic 3
In today's world, new civil rights movements are springing up, most recently the civil rights movement for homosexuals.
Part 1: Do you think the civil rights movement that Dr. King helped support has been won? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think that civil rights movements can ever be 100% successful? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think the gay rights movement has used tactics that Dr. King did? Why or why not?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)