Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even in their poverty, the ___________ of the United States had greater economic power strength than most countries of the world.
2. What was the name of Dr. King's wife, as told to readers in his autobiography of sorts?
3. Dr. King paid deep respects to the __________ who cherish democracy enough to join the battle for freedom.
4. Who had been the best ally of those who were trying to support Dr. King and his followers?
5. The desire to be ___________ is appropriate when placed in the proper setting, as when one wants to be first in moral greatness.
Nonviolence arouses a sense of shame and builds reconciliation and redemption in society.
Part 1: Do you agree with this statement? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think that shame leads to reconciliation in other situations? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think shame could be introduced without the use of nonviolence? Or can't it?
Dr. King discusses time and time again that winning over the opposition needs to happen with the weapon of love.
Part 1: Do you think love can ever be a weapon? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you think it's possible for two opposing sides to love each other? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Dr. King believes that love will be the thing that helps the movement succeed?
The government needs to be a part of the process in order to create social change, yet it seems to try to stay out of the way in many cases.
Part 1: What benefits will having a supportive government have on a social movement?
Part 2: Do you think that the government needs to be involved in order fro social change to happen? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the government tries to stay out of the way of social causes and movements?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)