Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even in their poverty, the ___________ of the United States had greater economic power strength than most countries of the world.
2. What was the name of Dr. King's wife, as told to readers in his autobiography of sorts?
3. Dr. King paid deep respects to the __________ who cherish democracy enough to join the battle for freedom.
4. Who had been the best ally of those who were trying to support Dr. King and his followers?
5. The desire to be ___________ is appropriate when placed in the proper setting, as when one wants to be first in moral greatness.
Essay Topic 1
Dr. King seemed to think that suffering was a part of the process when you want to succeed in a cause.
Part 1: Do you think suffering is necessary in life? Why or why not?
Part 2: Can a cause ever be fought for without any suffering? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think that Dr. King wanted to suffer to make his cause seem all the more important? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is a person who is highly revered in the world and in the United States.
Part 1: Why do you think think it's important for people to remember the actions of Dr. King?
Part 2: Do you think Dr. King's work was done in vain? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think the world would look if Dr. King had not stood up for African American rights?
Essay Topic 3
It is said that to be a realistic pacifist, those in the Church must fight against nuclear war and world annihilation.
Part 1: Do you think that all Christians are pacifists? Why or why not?
Part 2: Do you consider yourself to be a pacifist? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's realistic to create a world in which no conflict occurs? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,632 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)