|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This horrible act of violence lead to a ___________ of the South and of the rest of the country.
(c) Campaign of violence.
2. Black people who were stuck in _____________ needed to develop a power through organization and collaboration.
(b) Brutal situtions.
(d) The South.
3. How many times does Dr. King tell Kenneth Clark he has been arrested?
4. Dr. King believed that many people were _____________ through an important revolution.
5. From what class were Dr. King and his wife, which allowed them to be less exposed to segregation in the North?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. King addressed in his last conversation the confusion of ________, which was leading to a crisis in the nation.
2. When Dr. King spoke out against the war in Vietnam, saying "A time comes when ___________ is betrayal."
3. Dr. King believed there was a _________ need to overcome violence without using aggression and domination.
4. Dr. King believed that unselfishly giving of themselves would help to develop a powerful ___________.
5. ___________ is positive and necessary as a call to develop political and economical goals.
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dr. King feel about the current state of the Civil Rights movement during the interview on Meet the Press?
2. What did Dr. King feel about the impact of nonviolence on white supremacists, though Malcolm X did not necessarily agree?
3. What did Dr. King challenge his listeners to do during this speech?
4. What were the weapons used during the conflict against the brutality of Bull Connor?
5. What did Dr. King believe the reason for his receiving the Nobel Peace Prize had to be?
6. What is the basic human desire that every person has at some time and in some way?
7. How could the marchers in the march from Selma to Montgomery be described at this point?
8. Why were Dr. King and his wife, Coretta, not subject to segregation much in their lives before the movement?
9. Where does peace come from, according to Dr. King in his Christmas sermon on peace?
10. How did the Vietnam War hurt African American men more, according to the thoughts of Dr. King?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)