|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Carmichael did not believe that a comparison of better or worse could be made in relation to ___________.
(a) Civil rights.
2. Dr. King addressed the basic human desire to find _______________ and importance in some way.
3. Dissenters and protesters need work toward the health of the _________ of America.
(d) Legal system.
4. While the South gained respect, the Northern African American drained its ___________ into their struggle.
5. ____________ resulted from indifference of the southern racists and the continued exploitation of segregation.
(b) Bad schools.
(c) Voting rules.
6. Because the wealthy have the power to overlook the __________, Dr. King may have been overly confident.
7. Dr. King paid deep respects to the __________ who cherish democracy enough to join the battle for freedom.
8. When Dr. King spoke out against the war in Vietnam, saying "A time comes when ___________ is betrayal."
9. Dr. King believed the receiving of the Nobel Peace Prize was due to the use of the ___________ response.
10. The right to _____________ was feared by racist Southern leaders as a powerful tool for change.
(a) Get any job.
(b) Sit in the front of the bus.
11. ___________ depends on moving forward in a moral and religious manner, according to Dr. King.
12. How many little girls were killed at the bombing at the Sunday School?
13. Unemployment and its resulting loss of _________ was one of the main problems, as Dr. King saw in in relation to the riots.
14. Dr. King longs for a day when his children would be judged on the content of of their ___________, not on the color of their skin.
(c) Bank account.
15. This horrible act of violence lead to a ___________ of the South and of the rest of the country.
(a) Campaign of violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. To move forward, Dr. King suggested that the African American needed to obtain ______________ freedom.
2. Dr. King believed that the existence of _____________ in a country of wealth was immoral.
3. Using the _________, Dr. King taught courage, love, overcoming fear, and the love of God as a means to grow and prepare for challenges.
4. Truly liberal leadership in the North needed to step forward being firmly committed to racial ___________.
5. To Dr. King, nonviolent action on a planetary scale was no longer an option, but an imperative for the prevention of ___________.
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)