|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One extreme of the movement was to use Black Power to overthrow the ________________ and the whites.
(a) Nonviolent protesters.
2. The desire to be ___________ is appropriate when placed in the proper setting, as when one wants to be first in moral greatness.
(d) Above all.
3. ____________ comes from the knowledge that people are interdependent across the world.
4. The Vietnam War, Dr. King believed, took away effort and money from the war on ___________.
5. Dr. King wanted to point out that: "Injustice anywhere is a threat to ___________ everywhere."
6. From what class were Dr. King and his wife, which allowed them to be less exposed to segregation in the North?
7. How many little girls were killed at the bombing at the Sunday School?
8. __________ of unions would grow as the African American received the vote, according to the logic of Dr. King.
(a) The usefulness.
(c) The size.
(d) Political strength.
9. Dr. King believed that many people were _____________ through an important revolution.
10. Laws enacted without __________ provided changes and minimal reform with no real freedom - words are not supported by deeds.
(b) African American leaders.
11. Dr. King argued that the war in Vietnam was _________ and that it hurt African Americans more than others in the United States.
(b) A waste.
12. Weak __________ is the cause of racial prejudice, according to Dr. King's observations of the world.
(a) Family bonds.
13. Dr. King addressed in his last conversation the confusion of ________, which was leading to a crisis in the nation.
14. In California, the legislature had repealed laws allowing for integrated ________, which then forced African Americans into the ghettos.
15. Dr. King paid deep respects to the __________ who cherish democracy enough to join the battle for freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Dr. King tell Kenneth Clark he has been arrested?
2. Preferred employment and housing opportunities would lift the African American to a ________ similar to the rest of America.
3. Dr. King believed that the existence of _____________ in a country of wealth was immoral.
4. The riots in __________ were a form of protest, commonly used through the ages, destroying the symbols of things they need.
5. It is realized it will take more than just protests and marches for the __________ to receive the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)