|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. King noted that somehow African Americans had slipped from _____ percent a man down to half a man.
2. Politicians were needed who would stand up for issues and build and strengthen ___________ between African Americans.
3. The greatest tragedy of this battle for the integration of African Americans and whites was the denial of __________.
(d) The vote.
4. It is realized it will take more than just protests and marches for the __________ to receive the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
5. Dr. King felt his first mistake in the nonviolent quest or freedom was accepting __________.
(a) Defeat in Selma.
(b) The laws of Congress.
(c) His confession.
6. Dr. King accepted the label of ___________, claiming that this sort of nonviolence was powerful and just.
7. Weak __________ is the cause of racial prejudice, according to Dr. King's observations of the world.
(d) Family bonds.
8. Dr. King argued that __________ had not given sufficient leadership or attention to the dilemma of racial injustice.
9. The last conversation with Dr. King was held just ________ days before his assassination.
10. How many little girls were killed at the bombing at the Sunday School?
11. The ______________ also recognized the many men, women, and children who faced brutality in their peaceful struggle for justice.
(b) The protesters.
(d) Prize Committee.
12. Dr. King said that the marchers' feet were sore and their bodies were tired, but their _________ were rested during the march.
13. Truly liberal leadership in the North needed to step forward being firmly committed to racial ___________.
14. The right to _____________ was feared by racist Southern leaders as a powerful tool for change.
(c) Sit in the front of the bus.
(d) Get any job.
15. From what class were Dr. King and his wife, which allowed them to be less exposed to segregation in the North?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. King argued that the war in Vietnam was _________ and that it hurt African Americans more than others in the United States.
2. Dr. King believed the receiving of the Nobel Peace Prize was due to the use of the ___________ response.
3. Unemployment and its resulting loss of _________ was one of the main problems, as Dr. King saw in in relation to the riots.
4. The riots in __________ were a form of protest, commonly used through the ages, destroying the symbols of things they need.
5. Dr. King wanted to point out that: "Injustice anywhere is a threat to ___________ everywhere."
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)