|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. King never talked about the bad things that happened to him as he wanted to avoid a _________ complex.
2. Dr. King discussed the idea that those who oppose __________ rarely give up privileges without intense opposition.
3. The students broke __________ laws, accepting that there were penalties to pay for doing so, and accepting these penalties willingly.
(b) All the.
4. What would have happened if African American people refused to give up their seats to a white person?
(a) They were removed from the bus.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They were ignored.
5. Dr. King looks back on a year of people who had given the gift of _______, a true gift of love according to him.
6. All the country suffers, according to Dr. King, from the power of the _____________ politicians.
7. Rather than discouraging the Civil Rights march, the governor should have encouraged the state troopers to avoid _________.
(b) Large groups.
8. The plans for the future, said Dr. King, involve the removal of blockage, not pouring _________ over the troubled waters in order to calm them.
9. Governor George ____________ declared his stubborn resistance to the desegregation and the March to Washington DC.
10. The whites of the __________ forgot they had developed a social caste system and culture, even believing the lie.
11. Dr. King said that this time was momentous, that a new ____________ was being born during a time which was filled with hope.
(b) Social order.
12. The historic ________ ruling of the Supreme Court was nullified by the actions of the local and state governmental authorities.
13. Where were the African Americans allowed to sit when they took a bus to get somewhere?
(d) Hanging from the side.
14. Dr. King recommends to not attempt to defeat, humiliate, or pay back __________ in the fight for rights.
15. Dr. King believed the government was playing a game of Russian roulette with the _________ each summer.
(b) Congressional hearings.
Short Answer Questions
1. The administration seemed unaware of the split in the leadership of the _____________ at the time.
2. Increased ____________, though still exploited, helped the African American to have better homes, medical care, and schooling.
3. What kind of segregation was India facing in its own country, that Gandhi felt compelled to address?
4. Dr. King remembers working with a group of gang members from the ___________ ghettos.
5. What did the people do instead of giving in to a discriminatory bus system in Alabama?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)