|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. King recommends to not attempt to defeat, humiliate, or pay back __________ in the fight for rights.
2. The ___________ commitment of the nonviolence movement allowed for the refusal to cooperate with evil.
(a) Dr. King.
3. Dr. King believed that if the president had strong enough ___________ courage that problems could be solved.
4. Dr. King spoke to a group of both white and black students who supported the drive for ___________.
(d) Civil rights.
5. Dr. King never talked about the bad things that happened to him as he wanted to avoid a _________ complex.
6. Increased ____________, though still exploited, helped the African American to have better homes, medical care, and schooling.
(d) Economic status.
7. Who did Dr. King think was goading some of the African Americans into committing acts of violence?
(b) White students.
(c) Government officials.
8. Token _________ are not satisfactory ends, according to Dr. King and to his writing and his speeches.
9. The sacrifices of the people for others and for the cause of freedom developed ___________ and worth for everyone.
10. Dr. King looks back on a year of people who had given the gift of _______, a true gift of love according to him.
11. Where were the African Americans allowed to sit when they took a bus to get somewhere?
(a) Hanging from the side.
12. What would have happened if African American people refused to give up their seats to a white person?
(a) They were removed from the bus.
(b) They were ignored.
(c) They were killed.
(d) They were arrested.
13. The students broke __________ laws, accepting that there were penalties to pay for doing so, and accepting these penalties willingly.
(c) All the.
14. A final element in the new sense of dignity for the people was the knowledge that there was a _______________ struggle for freedom and equity.
15. Dr. King proclaimed that the group of students in front of him would become known as the generation of ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tool was available to ensure that contractors dealing with government desist from practicing discrimination in employment?
2. Dr. King reminded listeners that while God was on their side, a new age of __________ would not arrive on its own.
3. There was an obligation to ensure that all __________________ participated in the enforcement and creative innovations freeing all citizens.
4. America was fortunate, Dr. King said, that the strength of African American protesters was tempered by a sense of _____________.
5. ____________ is a means of resisting and one that requires followers to seek friendship and understanding of opponents.
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)