Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. want to stress that nonviolence is NOT for?
2. What does Dr. King want people to use during the battle for freedom and for justice?
3. What does nonviolence, as a means of resisting, require that those who follow this path do?
4. As opposed to nonviolence, what did the protesters first see their actions as when they were first beginning?
5. When Dr. King was talking to a crowd integrated with both white and black youth, what did he say the generation would be known as?
6. What did Dr. King see in India, even with the extreme poverty in the area as he witnessed for himself?
7. What is the danger of the strategy of violence as some African Americans might be inclined to do?
8. What did the finding of a personal God help Dr. King to do during his years fighting for Civil Rights?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)