|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Bold Design for a New South | The Ethical Demands for Integration.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The personal experiences of Dr. King allowed him to develop a faith and a belief in the reality of a personal __________.
2. The struggle had a ___________ quality, including members of all classes of society and all ages.
3. Dr. King proclaimed that the group of students in front of him would become known as the generation of ___________.
4. What would have happened if African American people refused to give up their seats to a white person?
(a) They were killed.
(b) They were removed from the bus.
(c) They were arrested.
(d) They were ignored.
5. What is NOT one of the ways in which oppression is responded to, according to Dr. King?
(b) Physical violence.
(c) Prayer sessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Montgomery _________ surprised many African Americans when it happened, helping to encourage more.
2. Dr. King fought against the stories that African Americans sought to achieve freedom through the use of __________.
3. Dr. King believed the government was playing a game of Russian roulette with the _________ each summer.
4. In what city was the bus strike during the time of Dr. King and the Civil Rights Movement?
5. Nonviolence seeks to win the friendship and the understanding of the __________, not his humiliation or defeat.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)