|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Showdown for Nonviolence | Our Struggle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The goal of nonviolence is to change an evil ___________, not to attack the individuals who are participating in that group.
2. In spite of the extreme ___________ in the area, Dr. King found little evidence of abuse towards each other.
3. Dr. King never talked about the bad things that happened to him as he wanted to avoid a _________ complex.
4. Nonviolence seeks to win the friendship and the understanding of the __________, not his humiliation or defeat.
(b) Black man.
5. When the African American population gained the right to vote, how many people were able to affect the shape of Congress?
(a) Four million.
(b) Three million.
(c) Two million.
(d) Eight million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dr. King wants his followers to only use the weapon of _________ as they battle for their basic rights.
2. What is NOT one of the ways in which oppression is responded to, according to Dr. King?
3. The millions of dollars being spent on the ____________ could easily pay to care for the needs of the poor.
4. Dr. King fought against the stories that African Americans sought to achieve freedom through the use of __________.
5. The personal experiences of Dr. King allowed him to develop a faith and a belief in the reality of a personal __________.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)