|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Showdown for Nonviolence | Our Struggle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning, protesters saw their actions as an expression of ___________ love.
2. Who did Dr. King think was goading some of the African Americans into committing acts of violence?
(a) Government officials.
(b) White students.
3. In what city was the bus strike during the time of Dr. King and the Civil Rights Movement?
4. Dr. King wants to point out a lot of things about the use of nonviolence. Nonviolence is not for __________, for example.
5. Nonviolence seeks to win the friendship and the understanding of the __________, not his humiliation or defeat.
(a) Black man.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ is a means of resisting and one that requires followers to seek friendship and understanding of opponents.
2. To what country did Dr. King travel in order to see the effects of nonviolence on that society?
3. The protesters believed their actions and this love was inspired by _____________ as he called upon men to love one another.
4. The Montgomery _________ surprised many African Americans when it happened, helping to encourage more.
5. __________ is a legal form of violence, but it diverts attention from the primary purpose of gaining civil rights.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)