|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Showdown for Nonviolence | Our Struggle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Dr. King saw the injustice and civil rights as an attack on __________ when he was growing up around it.
(b) Basic humanness.
2. The personal experiences of Dr. King allowed him to develop a faith and a belief in the reality of a personal __________.
3. To what country did Dr. King travel in order to see the effects of nonviolence on that society?
4. The _________ of the slums learned that hatred and bigotry could and should be confronted, exposed, and dealt with.
5. What kind of segregation was India facing in its own country, that Gandhi felt compelled to address?
Short Answer Questions
1. __________ is a legal form of violence, but it diverts attention from the primary purpose of gaining civil rights.
2. What were some groups training as they didn't quite believe that nonviolence would be able to work?
3. Who receives parity, subsides and incentives when they are in the world, according to Dr. King?
4. Nonviolence arouses a sense of ________ and builds reconciliation and redemption within a society.
5. The problem with using violence is that it alienates the people in the ___________, those who yet have not determined that any resistance is necessary.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)