|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Showdown for Nonviolence | Our Struggle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The protesters believed their actions and this love was inspired by _____________ as he called upon men to love one another.
(a) Dr. King.
(b) Jesus Christ.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Dr. Sharpton.
2. The problem with using violence is that it alienates the people in the ___________, those who yet have not determined that any resistance is necessary.
(a) Upper society.
3. __________ is a legal form of violence, but it diverts attention from the primary purpose of gaining civil rights.
4. The ___________ commitment of the nonviolence movement allowed for the refusal to cooperate with evil.
(d) Dr. King.
5. The whites of the __________ forgot they had developed a social caste system and culture, even believing the lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what country did Dr. King travel in order to see the effects of nonviolence on that society?
2. One of the many wonders of the boycott and the nonviolent actions was the joining of many local __________ communities.
3. The personal experiences of Dr. King allowed him to develop a faith and a belief in the reality of a personal __________.
4. The goal of nonviolence is to change an evil ___________, not to attack the individuals who are participating in that group.
5. The Montgomery _________ surprised many African Americans when it happened, helping to encourage more.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)