Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge think he sees in the garden at the Inn while preparing for lunch in Chapter 16?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Helena Sommers.
(c) Maggie Sommers.
(d) Lettice Wood.
2. What is split personality?
(a) When an emotionally traumatized person creates a separate personality to deal with pain.
(b) When a person suffers a disfiguring trauma that changes their outlook on life.
(c) When a person shows one personality to the public and one at home.
(d) When a person has such emotional trauma that his personality changes dramatically.
3. What question does Lettice Wood ask Rutledge in Chapter 19?
(a) If he understands the mentality of suicide.
(b) If he has ever been in love.
(c) If he is in love with her.
(d) If he hears voices in his head.
4. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
(a) Helena Sommers and a child who had lost her doll.
(b) Maggie Sommers and a child.
(c) Hickam and a woman of ill repute.
(d) Catherine Tarrant and her new lover.
5. Why does Rutledge return to Helena Sommers' cottage in Chapter 7?
(a) To ask if she saw the murder.
(b) To ask her to dinner.
(c) To ask if she saw Wilton carrying anything the day of the murder.
(d) To ask if she has any new information in the murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rutledge suggest to Wilton might have been the real murderer?
2. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
3. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
4. Who does Helena Sommers suggest might be the murderer in Chapter 10?
5. What does Mr. Pinter do for a living?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)