Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an inquest?
(a) A court hearing such as an arraignment.
(b) A naming of susects in a murder investigation.
(c) A judicial investigation into cause of death.
(d) A murder investigation.
2. How does Lizzie Pinter react in Chapter 14 when Rutledge shows her the doll he found in an earlier chapter?
(a) She screams.
(b) She tells about seeing a dead body.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She hugs Rutledge.
3. What does Hamish tell Rutledge about his ability to finish this case with his reputation intact?
(a) He should be able to solve the case easily.
(b) He will need more help.
(c) He should resign rather than fail.
(d) It will never happen.
4. What does Lettice Wood think of Rutledge?
(a) He is good at his job.
(b) He is goodlooking.
(c) He is cold.
(d) He is crazy.
5. Who does Rutledge run into in Chapter 5 after leaving Mavers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the doctor think Hickam will be able to provide helpful information in the investigation?
2. Who saves Mavers from the murderous mob in Chapter 5?
3. Who does Davies think should be recorded as the murderer in Chapter 7?
4. What does Rutledge notice about the personality of Helena's sister when he meets her in Chapter 7?
5. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)