|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Rutledge recognize brings on Hamish McLeod's voice quickly in his mind?
2. What does Mrs. Davenant have to say about the murder victim in Chapter 3?
(a) She thought he was annoying.
(b) He was cruel and everyone wanted to kill him.
(c) He is kind and had no enemies.
(d) She knew he was interfering in Wilton's relationship with his fiancee.
3. What does Lettice Wood say the murder victim's state of mind was in the days before his death?
(a) He was preoccupied.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) He was unsatisfied with life.
(d) He was very, very happy.
4. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) York, England.
(b) East Hampton, England.
(c) Weltonshire, England.
(d) Warwickshire, England.
5. What caused the death of Catherine Tarrant's German lover?
(d) Rheumatic fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge think of the murder victim?
2. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
3. Who does Helena Sommers admit she saw the morning of the murder in Chapter 4?
4. What is Hickam doing the first time Rutledge sees him at the end of Chapter 3?
5. Where is the body of the murder victim found?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)