Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Laurence Royston?
(a) Harris' best friend.
(b) Harris' butler.
(c) Harris' cousin.
(d) Harris' man of business.
2. What does Rutledge have trouble doing at the end of Chapter 4 that worries him about his ability to solve the case?
(a) Reading the evidence.
(b) Concentrating on testimony.
(c) Getting into the mind of the murder victim.
(d) Understanding the method of death.
3. Who owns the house where the Sommers sisters live?
(a) A family called Haldanes.
(b) Colonel Harris.
(c) Captain Wilton.
(d) A family called Warren.
4. How is the murder victim in this novel killed?
(a) With a gunshot to the breast.
(b) With a poison.
(c) With a shotgun blast to the face.
(d) With a knife.
5. Where did the murder that will be investigated in this novel take place?
(a) York, England.
(b) Warwickshire, England.
(c) East Hampton, England.
(d) Weltonshire, England.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rutledge learn in Chapter 2 the murder victim fought the night before his death?
2. Who is in charge of the murder investigation, as Rutledge learns at the end of Chapter 1?
3. Who is Lettice Wood?
4. Which villager does Rutledge recall in Chapter 4 that he saw during his own time in the war?
5. What is the Victoria Cross?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)