|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Hickam say he saw the murder victim argue with Mark Wilton the morning of the murder?
(a) In the meadow where the body was found.
(b) In the village square.
(c) In front of Helena Sommers house.
(d) In the lane.
2. Who does Helena Sommers tell Rutledge has arranged a car to take her to the funeral?
3. How does Hamish McLeod respond to the portrait of Rolf Linden by Catherine Tarrant?
(a) He mocks it.
(b) He admires it.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs.
4. Why does Wilton claim he moved to the small country village?
(a) To be closer to his former fiancee.
(b) To get away from killing.
(c) To be close to his cousin.
(d) To get away from the bustle of the city.
5. Who gives Mavers the item Rutledge finds in his home in Chapter 5?
(a) Captain Wilton.
(b) Mrs. Davenant.
(c) Mr. Davenant.
(d) Inspector Forrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutledge find unusual about the nurse's attitude toward Hickam in Chapter 9?
2. Who does Catherine Tarrant ask to model for one of her paintings in Chapter 6?
3. What does Lettice Wood's violent reaction to the question of whether or not Catherine Tarrant had shot the murder victim cause Rutledge to realize about her?
4. What does Hamish imply to Rutledge as Rutledge listens to Lettice Wood and Mark Wilton discuss the cancellation of their wedding?
5. What nationality does one of Lettice Wood's suggest for a secret lover Catherine Tarrant had?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)