Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rutledge learn was engaged to Wilton during the war?
(a) Catherine Tarrant.
(b) Mrs. Davanent.
(c) Helena Sommers.
(d) Lettice Wood.
2. What alibi does Inspector Forrest present to Rutledge for Mavers in Chapter 6?
(a) A notorized note from his mother saying he was doing chores for her that morning.
(b) A list of people who saw him making a speech in the town square.
(c) An affidavit from the innkeeper swearing Mavers was sleeping in one of his rooms.
(d) The testimony of Mavers' wife claiming he was at home that morning.
3. What item in Mavers' house does Hamish find for Rutledge in Chapter 5?
(a) A canister of poison.
(b) A knife.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A shotgun.
4. What type of handwriting is the letter Bowles received regarding Rutledge written in?
(c) Cut out letters.
5. Who is Lettice Wood?
(a) Harris' daughter.
(b) Harris' ward.
(c) Harris' cousin.
(d) Harris' fiancee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Laurence Royston?
2. Who is Lettice Wood's fiance?
3. What did the government want Wilton to help build as he mentions in Chapter 3?
4. Who does Wilton recall meeting on his morning walk the day of the murder?
5. Why does Rutledge go to visit Mrs. Davenant in Chapter 3?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)