|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dispensed judgment upon Prospero in Italy?
2. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is left?
3. Which political party did Cesaire join at the end of the war?
4. What does Alonso say in 2.2 is wrong with all of them?
5. At the end of 1.1 what do the passengers sing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caliban wish Ariel at the end of 2.1? What does Ariel wish Caliban?
2. In 1.1, what does Antonio believe the storm is forewarning them of?
3. Who does Prospero says is an honorable man in 1.2 and why?
4. Describe the Master of Ceremonies.
5. Describe the part of the tempest.
6. What movements is Cesaire known for?
7. How does Cesaire use poetry and writing to advance politics?
8. Which roles does the Master of Ceremonies assign to the characters?
9. Describe Caliban and his role on the island.
10. What are Gonzalo's views on colonization in 2.2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Cesaire demonstrate the differences between the uncultivated world of the island and the cultured world of Europe. What message is he attempting to deliver through these contrasts?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the character of Prospero and compare him to two other characters of your choice. How does he relate to these characters?
Essay Topic 3
When Prospero comes on stage in 1.2 he carries a megaphone. What does he shout through the megaphone and what is the effect of that statement? What is the significance of the megaphone?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)