|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero's prophetic sciences inform him of in 1.2?
2. What occupation did Cesaire's mother have?
3. Which island was Cesaire born on?
4. What does Gonzalo think of the island in 2.2?
5. What body type is needed to play the tempest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caliban wish Ariel at the end of 2.1? What does Ariel wish Caliban?
2. Which roles does the Master of Ceremonies assign to the characters?
3. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
4. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
5. How do Alfonso and his friends treat the Boatswain?
6. Describe the fight between Prospero and Caliban in 3.4.
7. Describe Caliban and his role on the island.
8. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is the best way to destroy Prospero?
9. What movements is Cesaire known for?
10. Describe the Master of Ceremonies.
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship between Prospero and Ariel? Describe each character briefly as individuals. then describe how the interactions between the two characters add to the complexity of the play.
Essay Topic 2
Define plot and subplot. What is the central plot in Cesaire's play and what is the subplot? Site specific examples from the play to prove your argument. How do the plot and subplot help reveal Cesaire's central theme to the audience?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the character of Gonzalo and compare his actions to one other character. How do the interactions with this other character enhance the plot?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)