|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sebastian say they will need to make the fields bloom in 2.2?
2. How are the characters instructed to choose the objects on stage in the Prologue?
3. What term is Cesaire considered the originator of?
4. Why does Prospero say to calm MIranda in 1.2?
5. In 1.1, who yells at Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio for their appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the weather at the end of the Prologue?
2. What are Gonzalo and Sebastian's views in 2.2 on the fertilizing and caring for the fields?
3. Who does Prospero says is an honorable man in 1.2 and why?
4. How does the Master of Ceremonies instruct people to choose their masks?
5. What is Ariel's opinion about Prospero's tricks with the food in 2.2?
6. Which roles does the Master of Ceremonies assign to the characters?
7. How did Prospero end up on the island?
8. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is the best way to destroy Prospero?
9. What happens to the ship at the end of 1.1?
10. How do Alfonso and his friends treat the Boatswain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term Prologue and discuss how Cesaire uses the Prologue to introduce the audience to his play.
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship between Prospero and Ariel? Describe each character briefly as individuals. then describe how the interactions between the two characters add to the complexity of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Does Cesaire resolve the issues he presents in his play? Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play and what you believe is the significance of this relationship.
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)