Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sailors inform the passengers of at the end of 1.1?
2. What did Prospero promise Ariel?
3. What is a tempest?
4. What body type is needed to play the tempest?
5. What does Gonzalo see in the sky in 1.1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
2. What does Ariel warn Caliban about in 2.1?
3. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
4. In 1.1, what does Antonio believe the storm is forewarning them of?
5. What does Prospero shout through the megaphone in 1.2?
6. How did Prospero end up on the island?
7. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
8. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
9. What are Gonzalo's views on colonization in 2.2?
10. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
Compare Caliban and Ariel's views of slavery. How do their differing opinions aid Cesaire's message in the play?
Describe the character of Gonzalo and compare his actions to one other character. How do the interactions with this other character enhance the plot?
Define the term foreshadowing and provide three examples of how foreshadowing is used in this play.
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)