|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, what do the remaining people on stage do?
2. Who in 1.1, does Gonzalo say he wants to meet?
3. What does Caliban think about Prospero at the end of 2.1?
4. What is Gonzalo's goal for the island in 2.2?
5. What body type is needed to play the tempest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Master of Ceremonies order the characters to do at the end of the prologue?
2. What was Prospero and Miranda's life like prior to the island?
3. How does Cesaire use poetry and writing to advance politics?
4. What are Gonzalo and Sebastian's views in 2.2 on the fertilizing and caring for the fields?
5. What does Gonzalo think about the island in 2.2? What does Sebastian think?
6. Describe Cesaire's childhood.
7. What are Gonzalo's views on colonization in 2.2?
8. How does Caliban describe his relationship with Ariel in 2.1?
9. Describe the Master of Ceremonies.
10. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the character of Prospero and compare him to two other characters of your choice. How does he relate to these characters?
Essay Topic 2
Define the term foreshadowing and provide three examples of how foreshadowing is used in this play.
Essay Topic 3
What role do fools play in Cesaire's play? Who are the fools in this play? How do they interact with each other? Choose one other character in the play and describe how the character interacts with the fools.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)