|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio think of Gonzalo's goal in 2.2?
2. Who, in the Prologue, orchestrates the actions on stage?
3. Who enters Caliban's cave at the start of 2.1?
4. What characters are named on stage in the Prologue?
5. What was Prospero accused of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Caliban and his role on the island.
2. What does Caliban comment on in 3.4 when he wakes up?
3. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
4. In 2.3, who warns Alonso and Gonzalo that Antonio and Sebastian are plotting their deaths.
5. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
6. Why does Prospero instruct Ariel to line the road with gaudy clothes and glass trinkets?
7. What do Trinculo and Stephano want to do with Caliban?
8. What was Cesaire's college career like?
9. What does Prospero shout through the megaphone in 1.2?
10. Where is the engagement celebration held in 3.3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term foreshadowing and provide three examples of how foreshadowing is used in this play.
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship between Prospero and Ariel? Describe each character briefly as individuals. then describe how the interactions between the two characters add to the complexity of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Does Cesaire resolve the issues he presents in his play? Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play and what you believe is the significance of this relationship.
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)