Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the sailors inform the passengers of at the end of 1.1?
2. What did Prospero promise Ariel?
3. What is a tempest?
4. What body type is needed to play the tempest?
5. What does Gonzalo see in the sky in 1.1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ariel dream about doing in 2.1?
2. What does Ariel warn Caliban about in 2.1?
3. Who proclaims himself as king of the island in 3.2?
4. In 1.1, what does Antonio believe the storm is forewarning them of?
5. What does Prospero shout through the megaphone in 1.2?
6. How did Prospero end up on the island?
7. What themes does Cesaire's play examine?
8. What is Caliban doing at the start of 3.2?
9. What are Gonzalo's views on colonization in 2.2?
10. What does Prospero do in 3.1 that angers Caliban?
Essay Topic 1
Why does Cesaire choose to adapt a play by Shakespeare to deliver his message to an audience? How does he stay true to Shakespeare's play and where does he change things? What is the benefit of this?
Essay Topic 2
What role do fools play in Cesaire's play? Who are the fools in this play? How do they interact with each other? Choose one other character in the play and describe how the character interacts with the fools.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between Prospero and Ariel? Describe each character briefly as individuals. then describe how the interactions between the two characters add to the complexity of the play.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)