|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Prospero accused of?
2. Why does Ariel say in 2.1, Prospero is better then Caliban?
3. In 1.1, who tells the passengers on the ship to return to their cabin?
4. Where does Cesaire move after high school?
5. Which political party did Cesaire help form?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the weather at the end of the Prologue?
2. Who brings in food and takes away food from the men in 2.2?
3. What does Caliban wish Ariel at the end of 2.1? What does Ariel wish Caliban?
4. What happens to the ship at the end of 1.1?
5. How did Prospero end up on the island?
6. What movements is Cesaire known for?
7. In 1.1, what does Antonio believe the storm is forewarning them of?
8. What does the Master of Ceremonies order the characters to do at the end of the prologue?
9. Who does Prospero says is an honorable man in 1.2 and why?
10. What are Gonzalo's views on colonization in 2.2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term Prologue and discuss how Cesaire uses the Prologue to introduce the audience to his play.
Essay Topic 2
Does Cesaire resolve the issues he presents in his play? Describe Prospero and Caliban's relationship at the end of the play and what you believe is the significance of this relationship.
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between Prospero and Ariel? Describe each character briefly as individuals. then describe how the interactions between the two characters add to the complexity of the play.
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)