|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the sailors inform the passengers of at the end of 1.1?
(a) The storm is passing.
(b) The boat is sinking.
(c) The day is breaking.
(d) The boat is sturdy.
2. What did Prospero promise Ariel?
(a) His daughter.
(d) A royal position.
3. What is a tempest?
(a) A stubborn child.
(b) A storm with high winds.
(c) An angry man.
(d) An angry woman.
4. What body type is needed to play the tempest?
5. What does Gonzalo see in the sky in 1.1?
(a) A comet.
(b) A rainbow.
(d) The sun.
6. What does Antonio think of Gonzalo's goal in 2.2?
(a) He loves it!
(b) He tells him to shut up.
(c) He comes up with a better plan.
(d) He bgins to implement it.
7. Why does Gonzalo scold Antonio in 1.1?
(a) He is optimistic.
(b) He is flirting.
(c) He is rude to the captain.
(d) He is pessimistic.
8. What is the title of Cesaire's first non-fiction book?
(a) Democrats in action.
(b) French Grammar II.
(c) Discourse on Colonialism.
(d) Communism at it's Peak.
9. How does the boatswain act towards the passengers?
(c) He bows to them.
(d) He ignores them.
10. What is Prospero's reaction in 2.2 to the person's refusal to eat?
11. What are Gonzalo, Sebastian, and Antonio worried about at the start of Act 1 Scene 1 (1.1)?
(a) Their wives.
(b) Their kingdom.
(c) The storm.
(d) The king.
12. Which literary device does Cesaire use to fight for freedom?
13. Which island was Cesaire born on?
(c) St. Thomas.
(d) St. Croix.
14. At the start of 2.1, what is Caliban voicing his opinion about?
(a) The wrath of Shango.
(b) Greek mythology.
(c) The benefits of a vegetarian diet.
(d) Italian politics.
15. What is Caliban doing in his cave at the start of 2.1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who in 1.1, does Gonzalo say he wants to meet?
2. How are Ariel and Caliban related?
3. What does Cesaire think of the idea that poets make terrible politicians?
4. What positions do Cesaire and his wife take when they return to his birth place?
5. Who does Miranda cry out to at the start of 1.2?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)