|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dispensed judgment upon Prospero in Italy?
(a) The Holy Inquisition.
(b) The police.
(c) The princess.
(d) The Emperor.
2. Where are Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio originally from?
3. Why does Ariel say in 2.1, Prospero is better then Caliban?
(a) He is more powerful.
(b) He is stronger.
(c) He is richer.
(d) He is more handsome.
4. In 1.1, who tells the passengers on the ship to return to their cabin?
(a) The queen.
(b) The boatswain.
(c) The king.
(d) The captain.
5. How does Ariel want to change Prospero's disposition in 2.1?
(a) Kill his child.
(b) Destroy his serenity.
(c) Bribe him.
(d) Kill his wife.
6. Who in 1.1, demands respect?
(b) The king.
(c) The captain.
7. What caused Prospero to be on the island?
(a) He couldn't please the king.
(b) Lack of a compass.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) They were exiled.
8. Who helps Prospero create the item in 1.2 that brings the men to the island?
9. What does the Master of Ceremonies instruct the actors to do as the Prologue ends?
(b) Ad lib.
10. What does Caliban think about Prospero at the end of 2.1?
(a) He would be a good father.
(b) He makes good choices.
(c) He has potential.
(d) He is not the collaborating type.
11. What does Sebastian say they will need to make the fields bloom in 2.2?
(b) A miracle.
(c) An ox and plow.
(d) Man power.
12. What does Gonzalo say in 2.2 will be their responsibility if the island is uninhabited?
(b) Escaping the island.
(c) Plowing the fields.
13. In 2.2, what does Gonzalo claim makes great fertilizer?
(a) Bear droppings.
(b) Hay seeds.
(d) Scraps of food.
14. How does Gonzalo describe the lands they are approaching in 1.1?
15. What was the name of the journal Cesaire started in college?
(a) The Paris Student.
(b) The Black Student.
(c) The Political Student.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why in 2.2 does Gonzalo believe the food is returned to them?
2. What is a tempest?
3. What is Caliban doing in his cave at the start of 2.1?
4. Which role does the Master of Ceremonies say in the Prologue, he will choose?
5. In 2.1, what does Ariel dream about building?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)