|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the characters select at the start of the Prologue?
2. Who enters Caliban's cave at the start of 2.1?
3. What does the Master of Ceremonies assign each person in the Prologue?
(a) A chore.
(b) A seat.
(c) A role.
(d) A roomate.
4. In the Prologue, who does the Master of Ceremonies almost forget?
(a) The servants.
(b) The queens.
(c) The villains.
(d) The Gods.
5. Who is Miranda's father?
(c) The captain.
6. What is the weather like as the play begins?
7. In 1.1, who yells at Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio for their appearance?
(a) The Capitain.
(b) The king.
(c) The queen.
(d) The boatswain.
8. What do Ariel and Caliban have different methods on?
9. What positions do Cesaire and his wife take when they return to his birth place?
10. Who is Ariel ?
(a) A queen.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A bi-racial slave.
(d) A king.
11. Who does the Master of Ceremonies not have a problem with in the Prologue?
(a) The knights.
(b) The orphans.
(c) The kings and queens.
(d) The juveniles or the villains.
12. What does Caliban think is better than humiliation in 2.1?
13. What body type is needed to play the tempest?
14. Who spoke out against Prospero in Italy?
(d) Antonio and Alonso.
15. Why is Ariel unhappy in 1.2?
(a) Because he is in love with Miranda.
(b) Because the ship went down.
(c) Because he is lonely.
(d) Because Eshu died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who appears with a table in 2.2?
2. Why does Ariel say in 2.1, Prospero is better then Caliban?
3. What themes does Cesaire's play incorporate?
4. What do Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio complain about among themselves in 1.1?
5. How do the actors enter the stage in the prologue?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)