|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miranda cry out at the start of 1.2?
(a) To save her cat.
(b) To help her get dressed.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To save the sinking ship.
2. What name does Caliban wish to be called by?
3. Who appears with a table in 2.2?
(a) Sea Nymphs.
(d) Strange creatures.
4. Where are Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio originally from?
5. What does the Master of Ceremonies assign each person in the Prologue?
(a) A role.
(b) A chore.
(c) A roomate.
(d) A seat.
6. What does Cesaire think of the idea that poets make terrible politicians?
(a) He thinks it is ridiculous.
(b) He thinks the idea is ridiculous but true.
(c) He does not care.
(d) He this it is true.
7. In the Prologue, how do the characters select the objects?
(b) In a panic.
(c) In anger.
8. What was the name of the journal Cesaire started in college?
(a) The Political Student.
(b) The Black Student.
(d) The Paris Student.
9. What does Prospero's prophetic sciences inform him of in 1.2?
(a) The men's arrival to the Island.
(b) The end of the kingdom.
(c) The storm.
(d) The marriage of the queen.
10. Which political party did Cesaire help form?
(a) The Raging Lion Party.
(b) Martinican Progressive Party.
(c) African Nation United.
(d) Freedom Rings Party.
11. Who enters Caliban's cave at the start of 2.1?
12. Where was Miranda a princess?
13. What does Gonzalo see in the sky in 1.1?
(a) A comet.
(b) The sun.
(d) A rainbow.
14. Where does Cesaire move after high school?
(b) New York.
15. Why does Gonzalo scold Antonio in 1.1?
(a) He is pessimistic.
(b) He is rude to the captain.
(c) He is optimistic.
(d) He is flirting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cesaire's play A Tempest based on?
2. What do the sailors inform the passengers of at the end of 1.1?
3. What did the king's adviser give to Prospero before he came to the island?
4. Why does Ariel say in 2.1, Prospero is better then Caliban?
5. Who takes the table off the stage in 2.2?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)