|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the king's adviser give to Prospero before he came to the island?
(b) A compass.
(c) A silver coin.
(d) Food and clothing.
2. In 2.2, what does Gonzalo claim makes great fertilizer?
(a) Bear droppings.
(c) Scraps of food.
(d) Hay seeds.
3. What does the Master of Ceremonies think about the characters in the Prologue?
(a) They are scary.
(b) The are evil.
(c) They aren't the worst.
(d) They are terrible.
4. What does Miranda cry out at the start of 1.2?
(a) To save her cat.
(b) To save the sinking ship.
(c) To help her get dressed.
(d) To marry her.
5. In 2.1, what does Ariel believe is left?
6. How are the characters instructed to choose the objects on stage in the Prologue?
(a) Based on their character.
(b) Based on their position in life.
(c) Based on their hair color.
(d) Based on their height.
7. What does Caliban think about Prospero at the end of 2.1?
(a) He is not the collaborating type.
(b) He makes good choices.
(c) He has potential.
(d) He would be a good father.
8. Who helps Prospero create the item in 1.2 that brings the men to the island?
9. In 2.1, what does Caliban insist Prospero does not have?
(b) A conscious.
(c) A brain.
10. Which role does the Master of Ceremonies say in the Prologue, he will choose?
(b) The slave.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The tempest.
11. How does Ariel want to change Prospero's disposition in 2.1?
(a) Destroy his serenity.
(b) Bribe him.
(c) Kill his child.
(d) Kill his wife.
12. What does Antonio think of Gonzalo's goal in 2.2?
(a) He tells him to shut up.
(b) He loves it!
(c) He bgins to implement it.
(d) He comes up with a better plan.
13. What does Gonzalo suggest in 2.2, will make the fields bloom?
(a) Irrigating the fields.
(b) An ox and plow.
(c) A rain dance.
(d) Lots of rain.
14. Who is Alonso worried about in 2.2?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His son.
(c) The king.
(d) His wife.
15. What name does Caliban wish to be called by?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Prologue, how do the characters select the objects?
2. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
3. At the end of 1.1 what do the passengers sing?
4. What does Sebastian say they will need to make the fields bloom in 2.2?
5. Which style is Cesaire considered a major voice of?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)