|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of 2.1, what is Caliban voicing his opinion about?
(a) The benefits of a vegetarian diet.
(b) Greek mythology.
(c) Italian politics.
(d) The wrath of Shango.
2. In the Prologue, what do the remaining people on stage do?
(a) Form the chorus.
(b) Join the audience.
(c) Leave the stage.
(d) Choose roles for themselves.
3. Who refuses to eat from the table in 2.2?
(b) The King.
4. Which political party did Cesaire join at the end of the war?
5. What does Antonio think of Gonzalo's goal in 2.2?
(a) He comes up with a better plan.
(b) He bgins to implement it.
(c) He tells him to shut up.
(d) He loves it!
6. Who, in the Prologue, says "it takes all kinds to make a world"?
(b) The Master of Ceremonies.
7. Why does the person in 1.1 demand respect?
(a) Because of his relation to the king.
(b) Because he is rude.
(c) Because he is wealthy.
(d) Because he is a man.
8. In the Prologue, who does the Master of Ceremonies almost forget?
(a) The servants.
(b) The queens.
(c) The Gods.
(d) The villains.
9. What name does Caliban wish to be called by?
10. In 2.2, what does Gonzalo claim makes great fertilizer?
(a) Hay seeds.
(b) Bear droppings.
(c) Scraps of food.
11. What is Prospero's reaction in 2.2 to the person's refusal to eat?
12. Who takes the table off the stage in 2.2?
13. What was Prospero accused of?
14. In 2.2, who says "wondrous land can only contain wonderful creatures"?
15. What characters are named on stage in the Prologue?
(a) Richard, Puck, Charles, Macbeth.
(b) Prospero, Ariel, and Prince.
(c) King, Prince, Slave, God.
(d) Prospero, Ariel, Caliban, Stephano, Trinculo, Miranda, Ferdinand, Antonio, Alonso, and Eshu
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spoke out against Prospero in Italy?
2. What does Sebastian think of the island in 2.2?
3. How are the characters instructed to choose the objects on stage in the Prologue?
4. What themes does Cesaire's play incorporate?
5. What is Ariel instructed to do in 2.2 to get the men to eat?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)