|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caliban think is better than humiliation in 2.1?
2. What does Sebastian say they will need to make the fields bloom in 2.2?
(b) Man power.
(c) An ox and plow.
(d) A miracle.
3. What is Ariel instructed to do in 2.2 to get the men to eat?
(a) Force them.
(b) Beg them.
(c) Harrass them.
(d) Tickle them.
4. How does the boatswain act towards the passengers?
(c) He ignores them.
(d) He bows to them.
5. What did Cesaire study in college?
(c) African history.
6. Who is Miranda's father?
(c) The captain.
7. What does Antonio say the storm is a foretaste of in 1.1?
(a) Bad weather.
(b) Good fortune.
(c) The hell that awaits them.
(d) The beauty of the next day.
8. What does Ariel wish for Caliban at the end of 2.1?
9. What was the name of the journal Cesaire started in college?
(a) The Black Student.
(b) The Political Student.
(d) The Paris Student.
10. Which role does the Master of Ceremonies say in the Prologue, he will choose?
(a) The Devil.
(b) The slave.
(c) The tempest.
11. What themes does Cesaire's play incorporate?
(a) Love and hate.
(d) Colonialism and negritude.
12. What did the king's adviser give to Prospero before he came to the island?
(a) Food and clothing.
(b) A silver coin.
(d) A compass.
13. What is Caliban doing in his cave at the start of 2.1?
14. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
(a) A magic rope.
(b) A storm.
(c) An iceberg.
(d) A boat.
15. What name does Caliban wish to be called by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What body type is needed to play the tempest?
2. What do the group of men hear in 2.2 when Ariel and Prospero enter the stage?
3. Why does Ariel say in 2.1, Prospero is better then Caliban?
4. Where was Miranda a princess?
5. In 2.1, what does Caliban insist Prospero does not have?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)