|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 2.2, what does Gonzalo claim makes great fertilizer?
(b) Hay seeds.
(c) Scraps of food.
(d) Bear droppings.
2. Who does the Master of Ceremonies not have a problem with in the Prologue?
(a) The knights.
(b) The juveniles or the villains.
(c) The orphans.
(d) The kings and queens.
3. What do Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio complain about among themselves in 1.1?
(a) The lack of pillows on the ship.
(b) The economy.
(c) The boatswain's manners.
(d) The captain's manners.
4. Who appears with a table in 2.2?
(c) Strange creatures.
(d) Sea Nymphs.
5. What does Cesaire think of the idea that poets make terrible politicians?
(a) He thinks it is ridiculous.
(b) He does not care.
(c) He thinks the idea is ridiculous but true.
(d) He this it is true.
6. What does Antonio say the storm is a foretaste of in 1.1?
(a) Good fortune.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) The hell that awaits them.
(d) The beauty of the next day.
7. What does Ariel wish for Caliban at the end of 2.1?
8. What positions do Cesaire and his wife take when they return to his birth place?
9. Who dispensed judgment upon Prospero in Italy?
(a) The police.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) The princess.
(d) The Holy Inquisition.
10. In 1.1, who yells at Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio for their appearance?
(a) The queen.
(b) The king.
(c) The boatswain.
(d) The Capitain.
11. What does Caliban think about Prospero at the end of 2.1?
(a) He makes good choices.
(b) He is not the collaborating type.
(c) He has potential.
(d) He would be a good father.
12. What does Gonzalo suggest in 2.2, will make the fields bloom?
(a) An ox and plow.
(b) Lots of rain.
(c) Irrigating the fields.
(d) A rain dance.
13. Who spoke out against Prospero in Italy?
(a) Antonio and Alonso.
14. What does the Master of Ceremonies assign each person in the Prologue?
(a) A chore.
(b) A roomate.
(c) A seat.
(d) A role.
15. Who in 1.1, demands respect?
(c) The king.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gonzalo think of the island in 2.2?
2. What is Ariel instructed to do in 2.2 to get the men to eat?
3. What in 2.1 does Caliban ask Ariel?
4. How does the boatswain act towards the passengers?
5. Which role does the Master of Ceremonies say in the Prologue, he will choose?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)