|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who enters Caliban's cave at the start of 2.1?
2. What do the group of men hear in 2.2 when Ariel and Prospero enter the stage?
(b) A roll of thunder.
3. Who dispensed judgment upon Prospero in Italy?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) The princess.
(c) The police.
(d) The Holy Inquisition.
4. What occupation did Cesaire's mother have?
(d) Dress maker.
5. What does Gonzalo suggest in 2.2, will make the fields bloom?
(a) An ox and plow.
(b) Irrigating the fields.
(c) A rain dance.
(d) Lots of rain.
6. Who is Alonso worried about in 2.2?
(a) His wife.
(b) The king.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His son.
7. What does Cesaire's writing focus on toward the end of his career?
(a) Art critism.
8. What do Ariel and Caliban have different methods on?
9. What did Cesaire study in college?
(b) African history.
10. In 2.1, what does Caliban insist Prospero does not have?
(c) A conscious.
(d) A brain.
11. Where does Cesaire move after high school?
(d) New York.
12. What does Antonio say the storm is a foretaste of in 1.1?
(a) The hell that awaits them.
(b) Good fortune.
(c) The beauty of the next day.
(d) Bad weather.
13. In the Prologue, how do the characters select the objects?
(a) In a panic.
(d) In anger.
14. What was the name of the journal Cesaire started in college?
(a) The Political Student.
(b) The Paris Student.
(c) The Black Student.
15. What does Caliban think about Prospero at the end of 2.1?
(a) He is not the collaborating type.
(b) He would be a good father.
(c) He makes good choices.
(d) He has potential.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio originally from?
2. Why does Prospero say to calm MIranda in 1.2?
3. Which political party did Cesaire join at the end of the war?
4. What does Gonzalo think of the island in 2.2?
5. What was the occupation of Cesaire's father?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)