|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to eat from the table in 2.2?
(a) The King.
2. What does Gonzalo see in the sky in 1.1?
(b) The sun.
(c) A comet.
(d) A rainbow.
3. What themes does Cesaire's play incorporate?
(a) Love and hate.
(b) Colonialism and negritude.
4. Who is Alonso worried about in 2.2?
(a) His wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His son.
(d) The king.
5. How are Ariel and Caliban related?
(a) Cousins twice removed.
(b) Brothers in slavery.
(c) Brother and sister.
(d) Sisters in slavery.
6. What does Prospero's prophetic sciences inform him of in 1.2?
(a) The marriage of the queen.
(b) The men's arrival to the Island.
(c) The end of the kingdom.
(d) The storm.
7. In the Prologue, how do the characters select the objects?
(a) In anger.
(b) In a panic.
8. What does Miranda cry out at the start of 1.2?
(a) To save her cat.
(b) To save the sinking ship.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To help her get dressed.
9. Who enters Caliban's cave at the start of 2.1?
10. Which style is Cesaire considered a major voice of?
11. What is the weather like as the play begins?
12. How does Ariel want to change Prospero's disposition in 2.1?
(a) Bribe him.
(b) Kill his wife.
(c) Kill his child.
(d) Destroy his serenity.
13. What does Gonzalo say in 2.2 will be their responsibility if the island is uninhabited?
(b) Plowing the fields.
(c) Escaping the island.
14. What does Antonio think of Gonzalo's goal in 2.2?
(a) He bgins to implement it.
(b) He loves it!
(c) He comes up with a better plan.
(d) He tells him to shut up.
15. What is Caliban doing in his cave at the start of 2.1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caliban think about Ariel's ideas in 2.1?
2. What is the name of the journal Cesaire starts with his wife in 1941?
3. What does Prospero come on stage with in 1.2?
4. What do the group of men hear in 2.2 when Ariel and Prospero enter the stage?
5. How do the actors enter the stage in the prologue?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)