|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Gonzalo, Sebastian, and Antonio worried about at the start of Act 1 Scene 1 (1.1)?
(a) The storm.
(b) The king.
(c) Their wives.
(d) Their kingdom.
2. Who takes the table off the stage in 2.2?
3. Which style is Cesaire considered a major voice of?
4. Who is Alonso worried about in 2.2?
(a) His son.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His wife.
(d) The king.
5. What does Cesaire compare the future of Africa to?
(a) A Phoenix rising.
(b) A dying kangaroo.
(c) A sneaky cougar.
(d) A raging lion.
6. Where was Miranda a princess?
7. What does the Master of Ceremonies instruct the actors to do as the Prologue ends?
(a) Ad lib.
8. Why does Gonzalo scold Antonio in 1.1?
(a) He is rude to the captain.
(b) He is pessimistic.
(c) He is optimistic.
(d) He is flirting.
9. In the Prologue, how do the characters select the objects?
(c) In a panic.
(d) In anger.
10. How does Gonzalo describe the lands they are approaching in 1.1?
11. Which political party did Cesaire join at the end of the war?
12. Who enters Caliban's cave at the start of 2.1?
13. Why is Ariel unhappy in 1.2?
(a) Because the ship went down.
(b) Because Eshu died.
(c) Because he is in love with Miranda.
(d) Because he is lonely.
14. Who do Gonzalo, Sebastian and Antonio call for at the start of 1.1?
(a) The lady.
(b) The king.
(c) The slave.
(d) The captain.
15. Who, in the Prologue, says "it takes all kinds to make a world"?
(a) The Master of Ceremonies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the Master of Ceremonies not have a problem with in the Prologue?
2. What is Gonzalo's goal for the island in 2.2?
3. What is Cesaire's play A Tempest based on?
4. What does Prospero come on stage with in 1.2?
5. Who does Prospero consider to be the only honorable man in Italy?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)