|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like as the play begins?
2. Where are Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio originally from?
3. What does Gonzalo think of the island in 2.2?
(a) It is ugly.
(b) It lacks food.
(c) It is beautiful.
(d) It is in ill-repair.
4. At the end of 1.1 what do the passengers sing?
(a) "God Bless America"
(b) "Row Row Row your Boat"
(c) "Nearer, My God, to Thee."
(d) "Amazing Grace"
5. Who appears with a table in 2.2?
(b) Sea Nymphs.
(d) Strange creatures.
6. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
(a) An iceberg.
(b) A magic rope.
(c) A storm.
(d) A boat.
7. What did Prospero promise Ariel?
(c) A royal position.
(d) His daughter.
8. What did the king's adviser give to Prospero before he came to the island?
(a) Food and clothing.
(b) A compass.
(d) A silver coin.
9. What does Caliban think about Prospero at the end of 2.1?
(a) He has potential.
(b) He is not the collaborating type.
(c) He makes good choices.
(d) He would be a good father.
10. Why does Prospero say to calm MIranda in 1.2?
(a) The storm is passing.
(b) This is only a play.
(c) The ship is not sinking.
(d) Help is on the way.
11. What does Prospero come on stage with in 1.2?
(a) A megaphone.
(b) The king.
(c) A raft.
(d) A sword.
12. What does Caliban think about Ariel's ideas in 2.1?
(a) He is crazy.
(b) He is brilliant.
(c) He can't be trusted.
(d) He is on to something.
13. What is Cesaire's play A Tempest based on?
(d) The Tempest.
14. What does Gonzalo see in the sky in 1.1?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) A comet.
(c) The sun.
15. What does the Master of Ceremonies instruct the actors to do as the Prologue ends?
(c) Ad lib.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio complain about among themselves in 1.1?
2. What does Prospero's prophetic sciences inform him of in 1.2?
3. Which political party did Cesaire help form?
4. What do Ariel and Caliban have different methods on?
5. What body type is needed to play the tempest?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)