|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Master of Ceremonies instruct the actors to do as the Prologue ends?
(b) Ad lib.
2. What does Ariel tell Caliban about Prospero in 2.1?
(a) That Prospero is dying.
(b) That Prospero is plotting revenge against him.
(c) That Prospero wants to marry his daughter.
(d) That Prospero is moving.
3. What does Alonso say in 2.2 is wrong with all of them?
(a) They should have brought a compas.
(b) They did not pray the night before.
(c) They are tired and hungry.
(d) They are not smart.
4. Why does the person in 1.1 demand respect?
(a) Because he is wealthy.
(b) Because he is rude.
(c) Because he is a man.
(d) Because of his relation to the king.
5. What in 2.1 does Caliban ask Ariel?
(a) Who he is betroved to.
(b) Where he was born.
(c) How he gets food.
(d) Who sent him.
6. How does Ariel want to change Prospero's disposition in 2.1?
(a) Bribe him.
(b) Kill his wife.
(c) Destroy his serenity.
(d) Kill his child.
7. What occupation did Cesaire's mother have?
(a) Dress maker.
8. What caused Prospero to be on the island?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) He couldn't please the king.
(c) They were exiled.
(d) Lack of a compass.
9. Who enters Caliban's cave at the start of 2.1?
10. In the Prologue, who does the Master of Ceremonies almost forget?
(a) The servants.
(b) The queens.
(c) The Gods.
(d) The villains.
11. What is Cesaire's play A Tempest based on?
(b) The Tempest.
12. What does Sebastian think of the island in 2.2?
(a) It is beautiful.
(b) It smells.
(c) It is uncultivated.
(d) It is homey.
13. Why is Ariel unhappy in 1.2?
(a) Because he is lonely.
(b) Because Eshu died.
(c) Because he is in love with Miranda.
(d) Because the ship went down.
14. Who is Miranda's father?
(d) The captain.
15. What was Prospero accused of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Antonio say the storm is a foretaste of in 1.1?
2. How are the characters instructed to choose the objects on stage in the Prologue?
3. Who in 1.1, does Gonzalo say he wants to meet?
4. Which political party did Cesaire join at the end of the war?
5. Where was Miranda a princess?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)