|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ariel unhappy in 1.2?
(a) Because he is lonely.
(b) Because Eshu died.
(c) Because the ship went down.
(d) Because he is in love with Miranda.
2. What do the sailors inform the passengers of at the end of 1.1?
(a) The day is breaking.
(b) The boat is sinking.
(c) The storm is passing.
(d) The boat is sturdy.
3. Who takes the table off the stage in 2.2?
4. What are Gonzalo, Sebastian, and Antonio worried about at the start of Act 1 Scene 1 (1.1)?
(a) The storm.
(b) Their wives.
(c) Their kingdom.
(d) The king.
5. What is Prospero's reaction in 2.2 to the person's refusal to eat?
6. Who appears with a table in 2.2?
(c) Sea Nymphs.
(d) Strange creatures.
7. In 2.1, what does Caliban insist Prospero does not have?
(c) A conscious.
(d) A brain.
8. Which island was Cesaire born on?
(c) St. Thomas.
(d) St. Croix.
9. Who in 1.1, demands respect?
(a) The king.
(c) The captain.
10. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
(a) A storm.
(b) An iceberg.
(c) A magic rope.
(d) A boat.
11. What is Caliban doing in his cave at the start of 2.1?
12. Where did Cesaire serve as mayor?
(b) New York.
13. In 2.2, who says "wondrous land can only contain wonderful creatures"?
14. What does the Master of Ceremonies assign each person in the Prologue?
(a) A roomate.
(b) A seat.
(c) A chore.
(d) A role.
15. Who is Miranda's father?
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cesaire think of the idea that poets make terrible politicians?
2. What title did Prospero once hold?
3. What was Prospero accused of?
4. What occupation did Cesaire's mother have?
5. Who is Alonso worried about in 2.2?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)