|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the table off the stage in 2.2?
2. Which role does the Master of Ceremonies say in the Prologue, he will choose?
(a) The tempest.
(b) The Devil.
(d) The slave.
3. Who dispensed judgment upon Prospero in Italy?
(a) The princess.
(b) The Holy Inquisition.
(c) The police.
(d) The Emperor.
4. What is the title of Cesaire's first non-fiction book?
(a) French Grammar II.
(b) Democrats in action.
(c) Communism at it's Peak.
(d) Discourse on Colonialism.
5. In 2.1, what does Caliban insist Prospero does not have?
(b) A conscious.
(c) A brain.
6. What is a tempest?
(a) A stubborn child.
(b) A storm with high winds.
(c) An angry woman.
(d) An angry man.
7. Who does the Master of Ceremonies not have a problem with in the Prologue?
(a) The orphans.
(b) The knights.
(c) The kings and queens.
(d) The juveniles or the villains.
8. Who do Gonzalo, Sebastian and Antonio call for at the start of 1.1?
(a) The captain.
(b) The slave.
(c) The lady.
(d) The king.
9. What characters are named on stage in the Prologue?
(a) Prospero, Ariel, and Prince.
(b) King, Prince, Slave, God.
(c) Richard, Puck, Charles, Macbeth.
(d) Prospero, Ariel, Caliban, Stephano, Trinculo, Miranda, Ferdinand, Antonio, Alonso, and Eshu
10. What are Gonzalo, Sebastian, and Antonio worried about at the start of Act 1 Scene 1 (1.1)?
(a) The king.
(b) The storm.
(c) Their kingdom.
(d) Their wives.
11. How do the actors enter the stage in the prologue?
(a) In pairs.
(c) In groups of three.
(d) In groups of ten.
12. Who refuses to eat from the table in 2.2?
(c) The King.
13. What does Ariel wish for Caliban at the end of 2.1?
14. In 1.1, who yells at Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio for their appearance?
(a) The queen.
(b) The king.
(c) The Capitain.
(d) The boatswain.
15. What caused Prospero to be on the island?
(a) Lack of a compass.
(b) He couldn't please the king.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) They were exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alonso worried about in 2.2?
2. What do Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio complain about among themselves in 1.1?
3. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
4. In 2.2, what does Gonzalo claim makes great fertilizer?
5. What does Miranda cry out at the start of 1.2?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)