|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1.1, who yells at Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio for their appearance?
(a) The king.
(b) The queen.
(c) The boatswain.
(d) The Capitain.
2. What positions do Cesaire and his wife take when they return to his birth place?
3. Where was Miranda a princess?
4. Where did Cesaire serve as mayor?
(d) New York.
5. What does the Master of Ceremonies assign each person in the Prologue?
(a) A role.
(b) A chore.
(c) A roomate.
(d) A seat.
6. What is the title of Cesaire's first non-fiction book?
(a) Communism at it's Peak.
(b) Discourse on Colonialism.
(c) Democrats in action.
(d) French Grammar II.
7. Who is Ariel ?
(a) A bi-racial slave.
(b) A queen.
(c) A mermaid.
(d) A king.
8. What was the name of the journal Cesaire started in college?
(b) The Black Student.
(c) The Political Student.
(d) The Paris Student.
9. Who does Ariel dream about building with in 2.1?
(a) Prospero and Caliban.
(b) Prospero and Alfonso.
10. In 2.2, what does Gonzalo claim makes great fertilizer?
(a) Scraps of food.
(b) Bear droppings.
(c) Hay seeds.
11. What does Gonzalo say in 2.2 will be their responsibility if the island is uninhabited?
(a) Escaping the island.
(b) Plowing the fields.
12. Who takes the table off the stage in 2.2?
13. Who is Miranda's father?
(b) The captain.
14. Who spoke out against Prospero in Italy?
(a) Antonio and Alonso.
15. Who does Miranda cry out to at the start of 1.2?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(d) The captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sebastian say they will need to make the fields bloom in 2.2?
2. What does Miranda cry out at the start of 1.2?
3. What does Caliban think about Ariel's ideas in 2.1?
4. Who in 1.1, does Gonzalo say he wants to meet?
5. What does Sebastian think of the island in 2.2?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)