|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the characters select at the start of the Prologue?
2. Who does Prospero consider to be the only honorable man in Italy?
3. What does Caliban think about Prospero at the end of 2.1?
(a) He makes good choices.
(b) He has potential.
(c) He would be a good father.
(d) He is not the collaborating type.
4. At the end of 1.1 what do the passengers sing?
(a) "Nearer, My God, to Thee."
(b) "Amazing Grace"
(c) "Row Row Row your Boat"
(d) "God Bless America"
5. How does the boatswain act towards the passengers?
(a) He bows to them.
(c) He ignores them.
6. What was the name of the journal Cesaire started in college?
(a) The Political Student.
(c) The Paris Student.
(d) The Black Student.
7. What do the sailors inform the passengers of at the end of 1.1?
(a) The storm is passing.
(b) The boat is sturdy.
(c) The boat is sinking.
(d) The day is breaking.
8. Who appears with a table in 2.2?
(a) Strange creatures.
(b) Sea Nymphs.
9. What does Gonzalo see in the sky in 1.1?
(b) A rainbow.
(c) The sun.
(d) A comet.
10. What does Antonio think of Gonzalo's goal in 2.2?
(a) He tells him to shut up.
(b) He bgins to implement it.
(c) He comes up with a better plan.
(d) He loves it!
11. Why does the person in 1.1 demand respect?
(a) Because he is rude.
(b) Because he is wealthy.
(c) Because he is a man.
(d) Because of his relation to the king.
12. What is the name of the journal Cesaire starts with his wife in 1941?
(b) Bonjour Amie!
(c) The Native Palm.
(d) Freedom Rings.
13. Why is Ariel unhappy in 1.2?
(a) Because he is in love with Miranda.
(b) Because Eshu died.
(c) Because the ship went down.
(d) Because he is lonely.
14. What is the title of Cesaire's first non-fiction book?
(a) Communism at it's Peak.
(b) French Grammar II.
(c) Democrats in action.
(d) Discourse on Colonialism.
15. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
(a) A storm.
(b) A magic rope.
(c) A boat.
(d) An iceberg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Prospero's prophetic sciences inform him of in 1.2?
2. What does Caliban think is better than humiliation in 2.1?
3. What does Miranda cry out at the start of 1.2?
4. Who is Alonso worried about in 2.2?
5. What does Cesaire think of the idea that poets make terrible politicians?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)