|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Prospero's prophetic sciences inform him of in 1.2?
(a) The men's arrival to the Island.
(b) The storm.
(c) The end of the kingdom.
(d) The marriage of the queen.
2. What title did Prospero once hold?
3. What did Prospero promise Ariel?
(c) A royal position.
(d) His daughter.
4. Who appears with a table in 2.2?
(a) Sea Nymphs.
(b) Strange creatures.
5. Which style is Cesaire considered a major voice of?
6. What in 2.1 does Caliban ask Ariel?
(a) Who sent him.
(b) How he gets food.
(c) Who he is betroved to.
(d) Where he was born.
7. What is Ariel instructed to do in 2.2 to get the men to eat?
(a) Force them.
(b) Tickle them.
(c) Harrass them.
(d) Beg them.
8. What does Prospero come on stage with in 1.2?
(a) A raft.
(b) A megaphone.
(c) A sword.
(d) The king.
9. In 1.1, who yells at Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio for their appearance?
(a) The boatswain.
(b) The Capitain.
(c) The king.
(d) The queen.
10. Who is Ariel ?
(a) A bi-racial slave.
(b) A queen.
(c) A king.
(d) A mermaid.
11. Who is Alonso worried about in 2.2?
(a) The king.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His daughter.
12. At the end of 1.1 what do the passengers sing?
(a) "God Bless America"
(b) "Row Row Row your Boat"
(c) "Nearer, My God, to Thee."
(d) "Amazing Grace"
13. What does Alonso say in 2.2 is wrong with all of them?
(a) They are tired and hungry.
(b) They did not pray the night before.
(c) They are not smart.
(d) They should have brought a compas.
14. What does Cesaire's writing focus on toward the end of his career?
(c) Art critism.
15. How are Ariel and Caliban related?
(a) Cousins twice removed.
(b) Brother and sister.
(c) Brothers in slavery.
(d) Sisters in slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ariel say in 2.1, Prospero is better then Caliban?
2. What does Gonzalo suggest in 2.2, will make the fields bloom?
3. What was Prospero accused of?
4. Which literary device does Cesaire use to fight for freedom?
5. Who, in the Prologue, says "it takes all kinds to make a world"?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)