|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cesaire's writing focus on toward the end of his career?
(a) Art critism.
2. What is Caliban doing in his cave at the start of 2.1?
3. What characters are named on stage in the Prologue?
(a) Richard, Puck, Charles, Macbeth.
(b) King, Prince, Slave, God.
(c) Prospero, Ariel, Caliban, Stephano, Trinculo, Miranda, Ferdinand, Antonio, Alonso, and Eshu
(d) Prospero, Ariel, and Prince.
4. What does Sebastian say they will need to make the fields bloom in 2.2?
(a) An ox and plow.
(c) Man power.
(d) A miracle.
5. What does Miranda cry out at the start of 1.2?
(a) To save the sinking ship.
(b) To save her cat.
(c) To marry her.
(d) To help her get dressed.
6. How does Gonzalo describe the lands they are approaching in 1.1?
7. What does Ariel tell Caliban about Prospero in 2.1?
(a) That Prospero is dying.
(b) That Prospero is moving.
(c) That Prospero wants to marry his daughter.
(d) That Prospero is plotting revenge against him.
8. In 2.2, what does Gonzalo claim makes great fertilizer?
(a) Bear droppings.
(b) Hay seeds.
(c) Scraps of food.
9. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
(a) A magic rope.
(b) A storm.
(c) An iceberg.
(d) A boat.
10. What does Caliban think is better than humiliation in 2.1?
11. What does Gonzalo suggest in 2.2, will make the fields bloom?
(a) A rain dance.
(b) Irrigating the fields.
(c) Lots of rain.
(d) An ox and plow.
12. Where are Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio originally from?
13. What did the king's adviser give to Prospero before he came to the island?
(a) A silver coin.
(b) A compass.
(c) Food and clothing.
14. In the Prologue, who does the Master of Ceremonies almost forget?
(a) The queens.
(b) The villains.
(c) The servants.
(d) The Gods.
15. What name does Caliban wish to be called by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caliban think about Ariel's ideas in 2.1?
2. Who in 1.1, does Gonzalo say he wants to meet?
3. What do the group of men hear in 2.2 when Ariel and Prospero enter the stage?
4. What does Cesaire compare the future of Africa to?
5. Who is Alonso worried about in 2.2?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)