|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a tempest?
(a) A stubborn child.
(b) A storm with high winds.
(c) An angry man.
(d) An angry woman.
2. Who, in the Prologue, orchestrates the actions on stage?
(d) The Master of Ceremonies.
3. What does the Master of Ceremonies instruct the actors to do as the Prologue ends?
(c) Ad lib.
4. What characters are named on stage in the Prologue?
(a) King, Prince, Slave, God.
(b) Prospero, Ariel, Caliban, Stephano, Trinculo, Miranda, Ferdinand, Antonio, Alonso, and Eshu
(c) Prospero, Ariel, and Prince.
(d) Richard, Puck, Charles, Macbeth.
5. What is the weather like as the play begins?
6. What does Gonzalo suggest in 2.2, will make the fields bloom?
(a) Lots of rain.
(b) An ox and plow.
(c) A rain dance.
(d) Irrigating the fields.
7. Who does Ariel dream about building with in 2.1?
(c) Prospero and Caliban.
(d) Prospero and Alfonso.
8. Who takes the table off the stage in 2.2?
9. How are Ariel and Caliban related?
(a) Brother and sister.
(b) Sisters in slavery.
(c) Cousins twice removed.
(d) Brothers in slavery.
10. Which style is Cesaire considered a major voice of?
11. Who enters Caliban's cave at the start of 2.1?
12. What is the name of the journal Cesaire starts with his wife in 1941?
(b) Freedom Rings.
(c) The Native Palm.
(d) Bonjour Amie!
13. What does the Master of Ceremonies think about the characters in the Prologue?
(a) They aren't the worst.
(b) The are evil.
(c) They are terrible.
(d) They are scary.
14. What do the group of men hear in 2.2 when Ariel and Prospero enter the stage?
(d) A roll of thunder.
15. What term is Cesaire considered the originator of?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which island was Cesaire born on?
2. What does Sebastian think of the island in 2.2?
3. What title did Prospero once hold?
4. Why does Prospero say to calm MIranda in 1.2?
5. Who helps Prospero create the item in 1.2 that brings the men to the island?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)