|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ariel dream about building with in 2.1?
(a) Prospero and Alfonso.
(b) Prospero and Caliban.
2. What do the sailors inform the passengers of at the end of 1.1?
(a) The boat is sturdy.
(b) The storm is passing.
(c) The boat is sinking.
(d) The day is breaking.
3. What occupation did Cesaire's mother have?
(d) Dress maker.
4. In 2.2, who says "wondrous land can only contain wonderful creatures"?
5. Where did Cesaire serve as mayor?
(a) New York.
6. What does Prospero come on stage with in 1.2?
(a) The king.
(b) A megaphone.
(c) A raft.
(d) A sword.
7. Who is Ariel ?
(a) A king.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A bi-racial slave.
(d) A queen.
8. What do Ariel and Caliban have different methods on?
9. Who appears with a table in 2.2?
(b) Strange creatures.
(c) Sea Nymphs.
10. What is the name of the journal Cesaire starts with his wife in 1941?
(a) Freedom Rings.
(b) The Native Palm.
(d) Bonjour Amie!
11. What does Caliban think about Ariel's ideas in 2.1?
(a) He is crazy.
(b) He is brilliant.
(c) He is on to something.
(d) He can't be trusted.
12. Why does Prospero say to calm MIranda in 1.2?
(a) Help is on the way.
(b) The ship is not sinking.
(c) This is only a play.
(d) The storm is passing.
13. Who does Prospero consider to be the only honorable man in Italy?
14. What do the characters select at the start of the Prologue?
15. What do Gonzalo, Alonso, and Antonio complain about among themselves in 1.1?
(a) The lack of pillows on the ship.
(b) The economy.
(c) The boatswain's manners.
(d) The captain's manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What in 2.1 does Caliban ask Ariel?
2. What does the Master of Ceremonies think about the characters in the Prologue?
3. Who refuses to eat from the table in 2.2?
4. What title did Prospero once hold?
5. Why is Ariel unhappy in 1.2?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)