|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Gonzalo, Sebastian, and Antonio worried about at the start of Act 1 Scene 1 (1.1)?
(a) Their wives.
(b) The storm.
(c) The king.
(d) Their kingdom.
2. Who helps Prospero create the item in 1.2 that brings the men to the island?
3. What does Prospero create in 1.2 to bring the men to island?
(a) An iceberg.
(b) A boat.
(c) A magic rope.
(d) A storm.
4. In the Prologue, what do the remaining people on stage do?
(a) Join the audience.
(b) Choose roles for themselves.
(c) Form the chorus.
(d) Leave the stage.
5. What positions do Cesaire and his wife take when they return to his birth place?
6. Where does Cesaire move after high school?
(d) New York.
7. What does the Master of Ceremonies assign each person in the Prologue?
(a) A seat.
(b) A roomate.
(c) A role.
(d) A chore.
8. Where did Cesaire serve as mayor?
(b) New York.
9. In 2.1, what does Ariel dream about building?
(a) A big house.
(b) A ship.
(c) The 10th wonder of the world.
(d) A better world.
10. What is the name of the journal Cesaire starts with his wife in 1941?
(a) The Native Palm.
(b) Freedom Rings.
(d) Bonjour Amie!
11. What does Cesaire compare the future of Africa to?
(a) A dying kangaroo.
(b) A Phoenix rising.
(c) A sneaky cougar.
(d) A raging lion.
12. What does Antonio think of Gonzalo's goal in 2.2?
(a) He loves it!
(b) He comes up with a better plan.
(c) He bgins to implement it.
(d) He tells him to shut up.
13. What was the occupation of Cesaire's father?
(d) Tax inspector.
14. Who is Miranda's father?
(c) The captain.
15. What occupation did Cesaire's mother have?
(c) Dress maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gonzalo say in 2.2 will be their responsibility if the island is uninhabited?
2. Why does Prospero say to calm MIranda in 1.2?
3. What does the Master of Ceremonies instruct the actors to do as the Prologue ends?
4. What does Ariel wish for Caliban at the end of 2.1?
5. How do the actors enter the stage in the prologue?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)