|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which political party did Cesaire help form?
(a) African Nation United.
(b) The Raging Lion Party.
(c) Martinican Progressive Party.
(d) Freedom Rings Party.
2. What does Cesaire's writing focus on toward the end of his career?
(d) Art critism.
3. In 1.1, who tells the passengers on the ship to return to their cabin?
(a) The queen.
(b) The boatswain.
(c) The king.
(d) The captain.
4. Who is Ariel ?
(a) A bi-racial slave.
(b) A mermaid.
(c) A king.
(d) A queen.
5. Who dispensed judgment upon Prospero in Italy?
(a) The police.
(b) The Emperor.
(c) The Holy Inquisition.
(d) The princess.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gonzalo describe the lands they are approaching in 1.1?
2. What is a tempest?
3. Who, in the Prologue, orchestrates the actions on stage?
4. What does the Master of Ceremonies assign each person in the Prologue?
5. What themes does Cesaire's play incorporate?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)