|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Saul?
2. What is the cloth of God's nature compared to?
3. As Gabriel opens the door into the realm between two universes, he steps into the Mall of what?
4. Who is Recorder?
5. What does David do for the king in the beginning of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Distinguish God from Gabriel.
2. Describe the types of people God has, as revealed in Chapter 5.
3. Briefly summarize David and his job as seen in Chapter 1.
4. What does the Prologue indicate or foreshadow?
5. Discuss the two different types of people that are introduced in the Prologue.
6. In Chapter 3, what question drove the King mad?
7. What genre is "A Tale of Three Kings" classified as, and what time period was the Christian community undergoing when this was written?
8. In Chapter 4, how did one know if a king was after the order of King Saul?
9. What irony was revealed at the end of Chapter 2?
10. On what mission did God send Gabriel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Apply the story of "A Tale of Three Kings" to today's society. Do you know of any Davids or Sauls either in your life or in your society? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Select a scene in A Tale of Three Kings that you find especially memorable. Write an essay in which you identify the scene, explain its relationship to the story, and analyze the reasons for its effectiveness.
Essay Topic 3
Define the term "brokenness" in context with "A Tale of Three Kings." Who exemplifies "brokenness"? Why are they broken?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)