|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The old soldier of David said to David's grandson, "I see you have the ambitions typical of __________."
2. How many followers does Absalom claim he has in Chapter 23?
3. Who says, "Look at us. We're animals again. Less than an hour ago you could have freed us all"?
4. Whose name is called out in the beginning of Chapter 21?
5. All of the following types of people follow David, except for who?
(b) Honest men.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 16, the passing of time and the behavior of your leader while that time passes reveals a great deal about what?
2. What are the last words that David's grandson hears from the old soldier of David in Chapter 17?
3. David's followers did not fear __________ or __________.
4. According to the end of Chapter 21, what is Sage's name?
5. What question has yet to be answered by the author in the beginning of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the importance of Sage in Chapter 21.
2. Briefly discuss David's followers.
3. What is the purpose of Chapter 18 to the reader? Who does the author claim the reader to be: Saul? David? Absalom? Explain.
4. Discuss what mothers told their children in the past, according to the author. What do mothers tell their children now?
5. According to the author in Chapter 8, no man will ever be wise enough to answer what riddle?
6. What was the mood at the end of Chapter 17? Explain.
7. What was the purpose of the dialogue between the young boy and the guardian in Chapter 19?
8. A parable is a brief story that illustrates a moral or religious lesson. What parable was used in Chapter 12? Who was the parable?
9. Briefly examine Absalom's beliefs, as seen in Chapter 21.
10. Describe Saul before becoming a mad king.
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)