|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 8, who can tell who is the Lord's anointed?
(b) Gifted people.
(c) Blind people.
2. David's followers did not fear __________ or __________.
(a) Oppression / authority.
(b) Conformity / legalism.
(c) Submission / authority.
(d) Submission / servitude.
3. What does David's grandson set out to discover in Chapter 17?
(a) To find and talk to David.
(b) To find and talk to Goliath.
(c) To find and talk to Saul.
(d) To find and talk to a soldier of David.
4. What question has yet to be answered by the author in the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) How can I know if the man I sit under is a King David?
(b) Is it impossible that the man I sit under is a King Saul?
(c) What is King Saul's background?
(d) How can I know if the man I sit under is a King Saul?
5. Why does David run away from Saul in Chapter 10?
(a) David wants to build an army against Saul.
(b) David wants to be king of another kingdom.
(c) Saul wants to kill David.
(d) David is homesick.
Short Answer Questions
1. David becomes less of a folk hero and more of a what in Chapter 14?
2. Approximately how much time passes after the reign of Saul, before David's grandson enrolls himself into the ranks of Israel's army?
3. What is Saul mostly remembered by?
4. Who became the greatest hymn writer and the greatest comforter of broken hearts?
5. All of the following are true about Saul, except for which one?
Short Essay Questions
1. A parable is a brief story that illustrates a moral or religious lesson. What parable was used in Chapter 12? Who was the parable?
2. Give a physical description of the old mighty soldier of David.
3. What does the author wish to accomplish by explaining the difference between Saul and David?
4. What was the purpose of the dialogue between the young boy and the guardian in Chapter 19?
5. Discuss the importance of Sage in Chapter 21.
6. According to the author, why does Saul make decisions that can be misleading and dishonorable?
7. What is the purpose of Chapter 18 to the reader? Who does the author claim the reader to be: Saul? David? Absalom? Explain.
8. Briefly discuss Absalom's relationship with his followers as seen in Chapter 20.
9. Explain David's operation by God as seen in Chapter 9.
10. According to the author in Chapter 8, no man will ever be wise enough to answer what riddle?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)