|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are castles now in Chapter 12?
2. David's followers did not fear __________ or __________.
(a) Oppression / authority.
(b) Submission / servitude.
(c) Submission / authority.
(d) Conformity / legalism.
3. According to the author in Chapter 17, who did David's grandson serve under?
(a) King Herod.
(b) King Jehoshaphat.
(c) King Rehoboam.
(d) King Solomon.
4. In Chapter 9, what does the author say David's only success is?
(a) His sling shot abilities.
(b) He was a successful prophet.
(c) He was a successful shepherd.
(d) He became the instrument of God.
5. In Chapter 11, what is NOT the ideal place for moral building?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, Absalom's followers believed Absalom __________ his father.
2. Who says, "My king is mad. At least, I so perceive him. What can I do"?
3. How many followers does Absalom claim he has in Chapter 23?
4. The old soldier of David said to David's grandson, "I see you have the ambitions typical of __________."
5. According to the author in Chapter 8, who can tell who is the Lord's anointed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly discuss Absalom's relationship with his followers as seen in Chapter 20.
2. Summarize David's reaction to Absalom holding meetings with David's followers.
3. What is the purpose of Chapter 18 to the reader? Who does the author claim the reader to be: Saul? David? Absalom? Explain.
4. According to the author, why does God give unworthy people His power?
5. Discuss what mothers told their children in the past, according to the author. What do mothers tell their children now?
6. Briefly discuss David's followers.
7. What did the old mighty soldier of David say he learned from David?
8. Give a physical description of the old mighty soldier of David.
9. According to the author, why does Saul make decisions that can be misleading and dishonorable?
10. How did Saul feel when he prayed?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)