|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one meeting, Absalom spoke of the great visions he had for what?
(a) David's kingdom.
(b) Overthrowing King Saul.
(c) God's kingdom.
(d) Solomon's kingdom.
2. All of the following are ancestors to Saul, except for which one?
3. What does the unidentified figure in Chapter 18 pull out of the chest?
(a) A cape.
(b) A hat.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A pair of boots.
4. All of the following are characteristics of David, as described by an old soldier of David in Chapter 17, except for which one?
(a) Not a great leader.
(c) Feared no rebellion.
5. According to the author in Chapter 14, what word is NOT found in the vocabulary of fugitives?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 16, the passing of time and the behavior of your leader while that time passes reveals a great deal about what?
2. Who leaves the kingdom with David in Chapter 10?
3. In Chapter 20, it states that rebellion has been in whose heart for years?
4. In Chapter 20, Absalom's followers believed Absalom __________ his father.
5. According to the author in Chapter 11, how many ways can one leave a kingdom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly examine Absalom's beliefs, as seen in Chapter 21.
2. Discuss the importance of Joab in Chapter 22.
3. According to the author, why does Saul make decisions that can be misleading and dishonorable?
4. What gift does David claim to have in Chapter 23? Explain.
5. Why did people call Absalom, David in Chapter 19?
6. Explain David's operation by God as seen in Chapter 9.
7. According to the author, why does God give unworthy people His power?
8. A parable is a brief story that illustrates a moral or religious lesson. What parable was used in Chapter 12? Who was the parable?
9. What did the old mighty soldier of David say he learned from David?
10. Briefly discuss Absalom's relationship with his followers as seen in Chapter 20.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)