|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Are you, sir, one of David's might men of long ago-one of those men of whom we have heard so much"?
(a) The old soldier of David.
(b) David's grandson.
2. Some fugitives of King Saul make contact with who in Chapter 13?
3. According to the author, God's gifts __________ be recalled.
4. Who does the author say God is looking at in Chapter 9?
5. Saul __________ people and __________ a kingdom.
(a) Seperated / destroyed.
(b) Introduced / established.
(c) Divided / conquered.
(d) United / founded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two characters are conversing in Chapter 19?
2. According to the author in Chapter 16, the passing of time and the behavior of your leader while that time passes reveals a great deal about what?
3. In Chapter 21, Sage says that Absalom has but one recourse. What is it?
4. In Chapter 23, David states that Absalom did not hesitate to divide what?
5. Who is Joab?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what mothers told their children in the past, according to the author. What do mothers tell their children now?
2. Why did David flee the kingdom alone in Chapter 10?
3. Briefly discuss Absalom's relationship with his followers as seen in Chapter 20.
4. Why did people call Absalom, David in Chapter 19?
5. Briefly examine Absalom's beliefs, as seen in Chapter 21.
6. Summarize David's reaction to Absalom holding meetings with David's followers.
7. Give a physical description of the old mighty soldier of David.
8. According to the author, why does God give unworthy people His power?
9. Discuss the importance of Sage in Chapter 21.
10. What gift does David claim to have in Chapter 23? Explain.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)