|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the overall mood of the Prologue?
2. Who says, "Go, take these two portions of my being. There are two destinies waiting" ?
3. David does all of the following while tending to the sheep, except for what?
(d) Practice his sling shot.
4. What animal does David encounter at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) A bear.
(b) A moose.
(c) A snake.
(d) A panther.
5. Who is David?
(a) Jesse's youngest son.
(b) Jesse's oldest son.
(c) Jesse's father.
(d) Jesse's middle son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gabriel carries two glowing, pulsating lights of what?
2. What does the Sage do to David in Chapter 2?
3. Who are the first two characters introduced in the book?
4. What promotion does Jesse give to David?
5. According to the author, who should decide what kingdoms survive which threats?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what question drove the King mad?
2. What was Recorder's purpose in the Prologue?
3. What is the tone of the Prologue? How does the Prologue set the tone for the novel?
4. In Chapter 2, what results did God receive from his house-to-house survey?
5. In Chapter 6, what can one prove by returning spears that were thrown at them?
6. What genre is "A Tale of Three Kings" classified as, and what time period was the Christian community undergoing when this was written?
7. Describe the types of people God has, as revealed in Chapter 5.
8. On what mission did God send Gabriel?
9. What can be inferred as to why the author does not detail the battle between David and Goliath?
10. Hyperbole is a figure of speech in which statements are exaggerated. Give an example of a hyperbole found in Chapters 1-2. Explain.
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)