|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Prologue, the almighty living God turns to who, and gives a command?
2. What portion of God's being from the Prologue does Saul possess?
(a) The seed.
(b) The cloth.
(c) The throne.
(d) The light.
3. Who taught David the song that is everyone in the palace's favorite?
(a) His father.
(b) His teacher.
(c) The little lamb.
(d) His brother.
4. What job do Jesse's oldest sons have?
(a) They deliver groceries.
(b) They work on the farm.
(c) They work in the shop.
(d) They give camel rides.
5. According to the author, what can kith and kin not always tell?
(a) When a man is grown.
(b) A man's date of birth.
(c) What family a man came from.
(d) When a man is married.
Short Answer Questions
1. God's first portion touches only the what?
2. What promotion does Jesse give to David?
3. Who says, "Go, take these two portions of my being. There are two destinies waiting" ?
4. According to the author in Chapter 6, if one throws a thrown spear back, they are also a candidate for what?
5. What question does David have at the beginning of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the mood of Chapter 2. Explain.
2. What was Recorder's purpose in the Prologue?
3. According to the author in Chapter 1, what two distinctions does the youngest son of any family bear?
4. What can be inferred as to why the author does not detail the battle between David and Goliath?
5. In Chapter 2, what results did God receive from his house-to-house survey?
6. What two portions of God's being did Gabriel give to each unborn destiny?
7. On what mission did God send Gabriel?
8. In Chapter 4, how did one know if a king was after the order of King Saul?
9. What does the Prologue indicate or foreshadow?
10. According to Gabriel, what was the difference between a gift and an inheritance?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)