|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 4, what right does a king have?
(a) To have multiple wives.
(b) To throw rocks.
(c) To throw spears.
(d) To overrule God.
2. What does David do when Saul throws spears at him in Chapter 7?
(a) He keeps the spears.
(b) He breaks the spears.
(c) He dodges the spears.
(d) He throws them back at Saul.
3. According to the author in Chapter 6, when one throws a thrown spear back, they prove all of the following, except for what?
(a) They are courageous.
(b) They are tough.
(c) They are foolish.
(d) They stand for the right.
4. Who is David?
(a) Jesse's middle son.
(b) Jesse's youngest son.
(c) Jesse's father.
(d) Jesse's oldest son.
5. God's second portion affects the what?
(a) Holy person.
(b) Faithful person.
(c) Outer person.
(d) Inner person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Recorder?
2. Who says, "And who shall these destinies become after they go through the door to the visible universe"?
3. What color is David's hair?
4. David does all of the following while tending to the sheep, except for what?
5. What does the Sage do to David in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what results did God receive from his house-to-house survey?
2. Why was David called home in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 4, how did one know if a king was after the order of King Saul?
4. What can be inferred as to why the author does not detail the battle between David and Goliath?
5. What is the best definition of the term "broken vessel" in context to Chapter 3?
6. What irony was revealed at the end of Chapter 2?
7. In Chapter 7, what answer is given to the question: "What can a man do when the King decides to use him for target practice"?
8. What does the author say was his reason for writing "A Tale of Three Kings"?
9. According to the author in Chapter 1, what two distinctions does the youngest son of any family bear?
10. Briefly summarize David and his job as seen in Chapter 1.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)