|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is David?
(a) Jesse's father.
(b) Jesse's oldest son.
(c) Jesse's middle son.
(d) Jesse's youngest son.
2. According to the author, the youngest son of any family bears how many distinctions?
3. What does David target with his sling shot?
4. Who are the first two characters introduced in the book?
(a) The two unborn destinies.
(b) God and Gabriel.
(c) David and Saul.
(d) Gabriel and Recorder.
5. What is David's job?
(a) To shave the sheep.
(b) To watch over the sheep.
(c) To wash the sheep.
(d) To sell the sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Recorder?
2. Who runs to David at the beginning of Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 3, the author says that God wants what type of vessel?
4. The sage tells David he will one day be what?
5. According to the author, what can kith and kin not always tell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author say was his reason for writing "A Tale of Three Kings"?
2. According to Gabriel, what was the difference between a gift and an inheritance?
3. Why was David called home in Chapter 2?
4. In Chapter 3, what question drove the King mad?
5. Briefly discuss Saul's feelings towards David.
6. Briefly summarize David and his job as seen in Chapter 1.
7. Describe the types of people God has, as revealed in Chapter 5.
8. Discuss the mood of Chapter 2. Explain.
9. In Chapter 6, what can one prove by returning spears that were thrown at them?
10. What is the purpose of Chapter 1?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)