|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David becomes less of a folk hero and more of a what in Chapter 14?
(c) Cautionary tale.
(d) Tragic hero.
2. In Chapter 11, what is NOT the ideal place for moral building?
3. At one meeting, Absalom spoke of the great visions he had for what?
(a) David's kingdom.
(b) God's kingdom.
(c) Solomon's kingdom.
(d) Overthrowing King Saul.
4. All of the following are characteristics of David, as described by an old soldier of David in Chapter 17, except for which one?
(b) Not a great leader.
(d) Feared no rebellion.
5. According to the author in Chapter 12, in times past, mothers had told their children that if they did not behave, they would end up like what?
(a) A clown.
(c) A bum.
(d) The town drunk.
6. Who says, "Are you, sir, one of David's might men of long ago-one of those men of whom we have heard so much"?
(a) The old soldier of David.
(b) David's grandson.
7. In Chapter 18, what is the name upon the coat of arms?
(a) Saul the Second.
(b) Nathan the Second.
(c) Absalom the Second.
(d) Joab the Second.
8. In Chapter 21, Sage says that Absalom has but one recourse. What is it?
9. Who does the author say God is looking at in Chapter 9?
10. In Chapter 20, Absalom's followers believed Absalom __________ his father.
11. According to the author in Chapter 19, how old was Absalom?
(a) Absalom was Joab's age.
(b) Absalom was the age of Saul when he first became king.
(c) Absalom was the age of David when he first became king.
(d) Absalom was Jesse's age.
12. In Chapter 20, how do men feel about being with Absalom?
13. Who says, "Good king, he has been no David to you"?
14. Why does David run away from Saul in Chapter 10?
(a) David wants to build an army against Saul.
(b) Saul wants to kill David.
(c) David wants to be king of another kingdom.
(d) David is homesick.
15. According to the author in Chapter 20, what single word best describes Absalom?
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following are true about Saul, except for which one?
2. What question has yet to be answered by the author in the beginning of Chapter 16?
3. What answer does the author give for the question: "What does a person do in the middle of a spear throwing contest"?
4. According to Abishai in Chapter 23, Absalom was in some ways a youthful incarnation of who?
5. All of the following locations hide David in Chapter 12, except for which one?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)