|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, God's gifts __________ be recalled.
2. According to the author in Chapter 14, what word is NOT found in the vocabulary of fugitives?
3. What does the unidentified figure in Chapter 18 pull out of the chest?
(a) A pair of boots.
(b) A cape.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A hat.
4. The author states that most of us know at least two men in lineage of David who have been __________ and __________ by other men.
(a) Exalted / Redeemed.
(b) Favored / Ransomed.
(c) Damned / Crucified.
(d) Blessed / Saved.
5. Who does the author say God is looking at in Chapter 9?
6. Saul __________ people and __________ a kingdom.
(a) Introduced / established.
(b) United / founded.
(c) Seperated / destroyed.
(d) Divided / conquered.
7. According to Abishai in Chapter 23, Absalom was in some ways a youthful incarnation of who?
8. David's followers did not fear __________ or __________.
(a) Oppression / authority.
(b) Conformity / legalism.
(c) Submission / authority.
(d) Submission / servitude.
9. Who says, "Good king, he has been no David to you"?
10. According to the author in Chapter 8, who can tell who is the Lord's anointed?
(b) Blind people.
(d) Gifted people.
11. What two choices does David have in Chapter 22 when it comes to dealing with Absalom?
(a) Pray or hide.
(b) Lose everything or become a Saul.
(c) Flee or be destroyed.
(d) Fight or flight.
12. All of the following are ancestors to Saul, except for which one?
13. What question has yet to be answered by the author in the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) Is it impossible that the man I sit under is a King Saul?
(b) What is King Saul's background?
(c) How can I know if the man I sit under is a King Saul?
(d) How can I know if the man I sit under is a King David?
14. According to the author in Chapter 10, who decides when it is finally time to leave the Lord's anointed?
(a) The Lord's anointed one.
(b) The citizens of the kingdom.
(c) The council members.
(d) The individual wanting to leave.
15. All of the following are true about Saul, except for which one?
(a) He was one of the greatest figures of human history.
(b) He was tall.
(c) He had God in his heart.
(d) He was baptized into the Spirit of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 16, the passing of time and the behavior of your leader while that time passes reveals a great deal about what?
2. According to the author in Chapter 16, men who go after the __________ among us often crucify the __________ among us.
3. Who makes himself David's enemy?
4. In Chapter 21, Sage says that Absalom has but one recourse. What is it?
5. Who is Joab?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)