|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unidentified figure in Chapter 18 pull out of the chest?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A cape.
(c) A pair of boots.
(d) A hat.
2. In Chapter 18, what is the name upon the coat of arms?
(a) Absalom the Second.
(b) Nathan the Second.
(c) Saul the Second.
(d) Joab the Second.
3. All of the following are characteristics of David, as described by an old soldier of David in Chapter 17, except for which one?
(a) Not a great leader.
(c) Feared no rebellion.
4. All of the following types of people follow David, except for who?
(a) Honest men.
5. Who says, "Are you, sir, one of David's might men of long ago-one of those men of whom we have heard so much"?
(b) David's grandson.
(d) The old soldier of David.
6. According to the author in Chapter 10, who decides when it is finally time to leave the Lord's anointed?
(a) The individual wanting to leave.
(b) The citizens of the kingdom.
(c) The Lord's anointed one.
(d) The council members.
7. According to the author in Chapter 16, the passing of time and the behavior of your leader while that time passes reveals a great deal about what?
(a) Your leader's past.
(b) Your leader.
(c) Your future.
8. What are castles now in Chapter 12?
9. In Chapter 20, it states that rebellion has been in whose heart for years?
10. Whose name is called out in the beginning of Chapter 21?
11. What does David's grandson set out to discover in Chapter 17?
(a) To find and talk to a soldier of David.
(b) To find and talk to Goliath.
(c) To find and talk to Saul.
(d) To find and talk to David.
12. The old soldier of David said to David's grandson, "I see you have the ambitions typical of __________."
13. All of the following are true about Saul, except for which one?
(a) He was tall.
(b) He was one of the greatest figures of human history.
(c) He was baptized into the Spirit of God.
(d) He had God in his heart.
14. At one meeting, Absalom spoke of the great visions he had for what?
(a) David's kingdom.
(b) Overthrowing King Saul.
(c) Solomon's kingdom.
(d) God's kingdom.
15. In Chapter 21, what does Sage say about rebels who ascend to the throne by rebellion?
(a) They desire to rebel and have rebellions.
(b) They have no patience with other rebels and their rebellions.
(c) They have no need to rebel or have rebellions.
(d) They have patience for other rebels and their rebellions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves the kingdom with David in Chapter 10?
2. Who comes to speak with David at the beginning of Chapter 22?
3. "The hunted" in Chapter 11 refers to who?
4. According to the author in Chapter 17, who did David's grandson serve under?
5. How many followers does Absalom claim he has in Chapter 23?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)