|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author say God is looking at in Chapter 9?
2. All of the following types of people follow David, except for who?
(a) Honest men.
3. Who became the greatest hymn writer and the greatest comforter of broken hearts?
4. What is David's response to Joab asking if he shall stop Absalom in Chapter 23?
(a) David says, "No!"
(b) David says, "Yes!"
(c) David says, "I already have!"
(d) David says, "Let me think about it."
5. What course does David decide to take at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) He goes to talk with Absalom.
(b) He decides to let Joab stop Absalom.
(c) He decides to stop Absalom.
(d) He decides to do nothing.
6. At one meeting, Absalom spoke of the great visions he had for what?
(a) David's kingdom.
(b) Overthrowing King Saul.
(c) Solomon's kingdom.
(d) God's kingdom.
7. Who says, "Good king, he has been no David to you"?
8. Sage describes Absalom as both __________ and __________?
(a) Disingenuous / lazy.
(b) Deceitful / lackadaisical.
(c) Sincere / ambitious.
(d) Insincere / unmotivated.
9. In Chapter 20, it states that rebellion has been in whose heart for years?
10. Approximately how much time passes after the reign of Saul, before David's grandson enrolls himself into the ranks of Israel's army?
(a) 3 generations.
(b) 2 generations.
(c) 5 generations.
(d) 1 generation.
11. What answer does the author give for the question: "What does a person do in the middle of a spear throwing contest"?
(a) "You surrender immediately."
(b) "You help throw spears."
(c) "You get stabbed to death."
(d) "You seek shelter."
12. According to the author in Chapter 14, what word is NOT found in the vocabulary of fugitives?
13. Saul __________ people and __________ a kingdom.
(a) Introduced / established.
(b) United / founded.
(c) Divided / conquered.
(d) Seperated / destroyed.
14. According to the author in Chapter 20, what single word best describes Absalom?
15. Who is David referring to when he says, "For months, years, perhaps a decade. Perhaps I have known for thirty years"?
(a) That Absalom was planning to take over Saul's kingdom.
(b) That Absalom was planning to take over David's kingdom.
(c) That Saul was planning to take over David's kingdom.
(d) That he was really a Saul.
Short Answer Questions
1. David's followers did not fear __________ or __________.
2. In Chapter 21, Sage says that Absalom has but one recourse. What is it?
3. What two choices does David have in Chapter 22 when it comes to dealing with Absalom?
4. Whose name is called out in the beginning of Chapter 21?
5. Who leaves the kingdom with David in Chapter 10?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)