|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 11, how many ways can one leave a kingdom?
2. Who is Joab?
(a) A follower of David.
(b) David's son.
(c) David's brother.
(d) A follower of Saul.
3. According to Abishai in Chapter 23, Absalom was in some ways a youthful incarnation of who?
4. All of the following are characteristics of David, as described by an old soldier of David in Chapter 17, except for which one?
(a) Not a great leader.
(d) Feared no rebellion.
5. According to the author in Chapter 20, what single word best describes Absalom?
6. In Chapter 20, Absalom's followers believed Absalom __________ his father.
7. In Chapter 23, David states that Absalom did not hesitate to divide what?
(a) The kingdom of God.
(b) His father's kingdom.
(c) His family.
(d) Saul's kingdom.
8. All of the following locations hide David in Chapter 12, except for which one?
(a) Swift feet.
(b) Watery pits.
(c) Overgrown leaves.
9. In Chapter 11, what is NOT the ideal place for moral building?
10. Who says, "Good king, he has been no David to you"?
11. All of the following are ancestors to Saul, except for which one?
12. According to the author in Chapter 16, the passing of time and the behavior of your leader while that time passes reveals a great deal about what?
(a) Your leader.
(c) Your leader's past.
(d) Your future.
13. The author states that most of us know at least two men in lineage of David who have been __________ and __________ by other men.
(a) Blessed / Saved.
(b) Exalted / Redeemed.
(c) Damned / Crucified.
(d) Favored / Ransomed.
14. Who is Absalom?
(a) David's father.
(b) David's brother.
(c) King David's son.
(d) King Saul's son.
15. According to the author in Chapter 16, the passing of time and the way you react to that leader reveals a great deal about what?
(a) Your country.
(b) Your leader's future.
(c) Your leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes himself David's enemy?
2. What question has yet to be answered by the author in the beginning of Chapter 16?
3. What is David's response to Joab asking if he shall stop Absalom in Chapter 23?
4. Who is David referring to when he says, "He was great. Great in the eyes of God and men."?
5. In Chapter 9, what does the author say David's only success is?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)