|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Joab?
(a) A follower of David.
(b) David's son.
(c) David's brother.
(d) A follower of Saul.
2. All of the following are characteristics of David, as described by an old soldier of David in Chapter 17, except for which one?
(c) Not a great leader.
(d) Feared no rebellion.
3. What is David's response to Joab asking if he shall stop Absalom in Chapter 23?
(a) David says, "Yes!"
(b) David says, "Let me think about it."
(c) David says, "I already have!"
(d) David says, "No!"
4. According to the author in Chapter 19, how old was Absalom?
(a) Absalom was Jesse's age.
(b) Absalom was the age of David when he first became king.
(c) Absalom was the age of Saul when he first became king.
(d) Absalom was Joab's age.
5. What are the last words that David's grandson hears from the old soldier of David in Chapter 17?
(a) "David shielded us from suffering; he did not mete it out."
(b) "We were six hundred no-goods with a leader who cried a lot."
(c) "I was one of the 'mighty men of David.'"
(d) "Legalism is nothing but a leader's way of avoiding suffering."
6. Who is David referring to when he says, "For months, years, perhaps a decade. Perhaps I have known for thirty years"?
(a) That Absalom was planning to take over Saul's kingdom.
(b) That Absalom was planning to take over David's kingdom.
(c) That he was really a Saul.
(d) That Saul was planning to take over David's kingdom.
7. Who is David referring to when he says, "He was great. Great in the eyes of God and men."?
8. According to the author in Chapter 10, who decides when it is finally time to leave the Lord's anointed?
(a) The individual wanting to leave.
(b) The council members.
(c) The Lord's anointed one.
(d) The citizens of the kingdom.
9. According to the end of Chapter 21, what is Sage's name?
10. What question has yet to be answered by the author in the beginning of Chapter 16?
(a) What is King Saul's background?
(b) How can I know if the man I sit under is a King David?
(c) Is it impossible that the man I sit under is a King Saul?
(d) How can I know if the man I sit under is a King Saul?
11. Approximately how much time passes after the reign of Saul, before David's grandson enrolls himself into the ranks of Israel's army?
(a) 2 generations.
(b) 3 generations.
(c) 5 generations.
(d) 1 generation.
12. What question does the author tell the reader to memorize in Chapter 8?
(a) "Is this man truthful?"
(b) "Is this man the Lord's anointed?"
(c) "Is this man wise?"
(d) "Is this man mad?"
13. All of the following locations hide David in Chapter 12, except for which one?
(a) Watery pits.
(b) Overgrown leaves.
(c) Swift feet.
14. Who says, "Good king, he has been no David to you"?
15. According to the author in Chapter 8, who can tell who is the Lord's anointed?
(a) Blind people.
(b) Gifted people.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that most of us know at least two men in lineage of David who have been __________ and __________ by other men.
2. According to the author in Chapter 16, the passing of time and the behavior of your leader while that time passes reveals a great deal about what?
3. According to the author in Chapter 17, who did David's grandson serve under?
4. Who does the author say God is looking at in Chapter 9?
5. What other object does the unidentified figure in Chapter 18 pull out of the chest?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)